main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Cushing's Admirer

None of our tasks have word limits... just have fun with it :D

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away via my comlink

Runjedirun and Falcon like this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
  3. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
  4. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Hey, Pearl. I didn't know you were here too. :D Good to see you again. :) Now if only I could get my brain to shift gears so I could do my task. :p

Mitth_Fisto, CPL_Macja and Pearlsaber like this.
  5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Considers Anantas questions and starts composing a response...[face_thinking]

CPL_Macja likes this.
  6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Waite, we were supposed to think before responding? :p

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I never do, but y'all knew that. :p

[​IMG]

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  8. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Cushy wheels in* Hello. I have come to realise I'm not ready at this time to take part in GoL yet. I still have stabilising and healing to do. I may return in the future. *Bows and departs*

9. Linwë Alcarin

Linwë Alcarin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2014
    Hello Cushy, Master and the rest :). How are you doing?

10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello, LA. I'm doing all right. Just need more time to balance out and rest, that's all. :) [:D]

11. Linwë Alcarin

Jan 28, 2014
    [:D] I am soo happy you are feeling better now. :)

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you. So am I. It helps immensely that I will start my tribute tale soon. :) [:D]

Linwë Alcarin likes this.
  13. Linwë Alcarin

Jan 28, 2014
    Really? Can I read it later, please :)? Do you have a name for it?

14. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I believe you may if I still have access to you. Thanks for the interest. :) Not yet, I may by tonight though. :)

15. Linwë Alcarin

Jan 28, 2014
    Thank you very much [:D] We can call tomorrow, if you want :). Now I have to go to bed. Nighty night :)

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Goodnight, E-Daughter. [:D]

17. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Goodnight Linwe!

18. Linwë Alcarin

Jan 28, 2014
    Good night, everyone :)

19. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Greetings Master-@Skywalker_T-65
    Part I
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Interesting how the Force often manifests most profoundly and unexpectedly in the light of seemingly paradoxical situations within the galaxy, as well as in the lives and actions of unconventional Jedi. Qui-Gon Jinn’s life and achievements are riddled with numerous such examples. He was respected both as a wise and compassionate exemplar of Jedi virtue while at the same time viewed as an unorthodox and sometimes rebellious maverick with unshakeable faith in the Living Force.

Perhaps one of the greatest ironies of Qui-Gon’s legacy is that he served as the instrument chosen by the Force to discover the Chosen One. That one such as him who continually adhered to staying focused on the present moment would be the one to initiate the training of Anakin, whose noble deed to restore balance to the Force would come many decades in the future.

Qui-Gon lived at a time of extremes within the Force that included a Jedi Order that had become overly conservative and begun to stagnate juxtaposed with the final culmination of Sidious’ dark side rise to power and control of the entire galaxy. For one considered by many to be a Gray Jedi who walks the narrow line between the two sides, how fitting to live in such an era. Furthermore, to have a Master who turned to the dark side in Count Dooku, and to train a padawan who would later become on of the pillars of the Jedi Council in Obi-Wan Kenobi. More Yin and Yang with Qui-Gon at its center.

For the living manifestation of the Force to evolve at such a critical point in history, a one of its kind Jedi such as Qui-Gon Jinn was essential. A Jedi who was able to go beyond dualistic thinking, views of the Force and a Jedi’s role in the galaxy. Such qualities also would seemingly contribute to him becoming able discover the path of immortality and retain his individuality after death. This previously undiscovered ability of merging with the Living Force allowed him to mentor both Master Yoda and Obi-Wan so that not only could they attain this Force skill, but also be able to later guide Luke as he completed the final necessary steps in allowing his father to fulfill his destiny of restoring balance to the Force and saving the galaxy.

Part II

Master Addie
    The Darkness dwells within me, this I know and am aware of. For 8 years I was a Dark Lady of the Sith, training Nine in all apprentices and showing them the ways of the Dark side. Believing this was my path and trusting those around me. Then, like with all darkness, infighting began. Greed, jealousy and rage took control of those I trusted and my trust faded as I watched them tear each other apart in useless folly. From friends to enemies in days, my head spun. I walked away. For three or more years I wandered aimlessly, listening to teachings from all sides and hearing how one way was better than the other, till I began to walk my own path. I made conscious decisions about the choices I made, the people I spoke to and the acts I committed.

CPL Macja noticed. He watched and saw what I was doing, saw that the darkness had long faded and my acts were that of good and light. It was him who pointed out I was behaving like a Jedi, and it was him to convinced me to allow him to show me his ways. It didn't take long before he'd apprenticed me and graduated me. He knew the good was there, he'd seen me act on it, he just needed me to commit myself to it. And it was his pushing that got me to complete my Master Training, I was not interested in it, didn't really care that much. But upon his insistence I studied hard and got what was needed done.

As for amusing stories....you need only check the dueling threads, I have trained two, I have dueled and often I have laughed.

Master Mitthy
    I am all for Padawan advancement and am glad to be of service. Unfortunately you ask hard questions, and as you most likely have heard before. Those are often the best questions.

1. When I first came to the Jedi I had already learned other another force tradition (both in character and out of character ;) ), from that experience I have and had a slightly different view of the Force from the other Masters of that time, as well as greater acceptance of other Force traditions. With all organics, we the vessels that are blessed to touch the Force come to know there are pitfalls in every tradition. Many fine traditions I used to vaunt highly I discovered a fatal flaw that the Jedi do not possess nearly as grandly as they, they set themselves or their own communities ahead of the Force and ahead of the whole. Whereas the Jedi more often set others ahead of themselves, and right of the few ahead of the ease of the many. In trying to balance the Force to the light and the races and individuals we touch toward the light as well we help to push back the darkness.

I believe I went slightly off topic there, but I am also the most recent Master. The Mantle of my position still is settling. ;)

2. My first days with the GoL and Padawan-ship was during the Great Transition of the boards. So to say things were more lax is an understatement. I believe I did one of the few spam triathlon events of Padawanship and even passed three of my tasks in one day. I found it very humorous, I basically was a Padawan of the Temps on fast forward. A title I am glad I do not officially bear :p
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Masters-I really appreciate you both taking the time and care to reply and found your responses quite enlightening. :) =D=
    Adalia-Durron & Mitth_Fisto

20. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Jedi Falcon
    1. That nothing is as it always seems and there is a logical explanation for everything. It's best to have as much information as possible about the situation before deciding on action. I have come to learn that patience and a clear and calm mind is the best manner to approach situations. If one loses their temper, they lose their way and make the situation worse and not better. With out calm and clarity one can easily stray off the path.

2. My training was with another group.

I had previous training with another group 11.5 years ago. I learned how to duel vigorously with a Knight by the name of CrimsonJediKnight. He was merciless with his training strategies. Eventually I learned to adapt to his way which involved including Form seven and a few other forms he made me swear to never reveal, which makes me a formidable foe in the lightsaber thread. It forced me to adapt my training to even have a remote chance at beating him.

I can't remember anything humorous happening when joining the GOL. I do remember being pleasantly surprised to find Addie no longer served the Dark Side but has switched to serving the Lightside.

(We go way back and I know of her dark side personality.)

As to answer your question, in the lightsiders group. We did form training bonds by getting to know each other through the pm system. It was to allow the master to adapt to the pupils learning curves and it also formed strong bonds between Master and Padawan.

It's always a good idea to form a bond between the master and padawan pair.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Falcon Thanks for your replies as well! :) =D=

Falcon likes this.
  21. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Hello again GOL

22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Hello again Chewbie! How's Ewok's and the little ball of fur ;)

23. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Hey! We are doing good! Baby number 2 will be here in May! How you been?

BultarSwan likes this.
  24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Wow! Congratulations Chewie! You're outdoing your namesake now ;) And pass on the congrats to Ewoks :D

Well, after surviving Wagons East, then Wagons West, I am now surviving my last semester which has not only me anxious for it to be over in May but my family and friends as well. Current I have a ten page paper due this week and I have seven pages of a rough draft done. So I am a little buried.

25. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    congrats to you and Ewoks, Chewbie :) [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.