main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    the one mark movie i didnt understand was when he turned into a bug. a FRICKING bug.

TKT likes this.
  2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    The Guyver, right? It was based on a Japanese anime

3. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    it was freaky.

4. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    In my opinion this is the best lightsaber duel in all of Star Wars. If Luke is half as awesome as Kit Fisto, we are in for a treat!!

Immortiss and Iron_lord like this.
  5. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Well in the EU Luke is the greatest dualist ever as in ever so if VII even goes with half of that Luke will be uber, like he alredy was
    starting to get in OT.And don't forget he is the most powerful force user to ever live a few years after eps VI,George Lucas quote.k videos like this is fun

dolphin likes this.
  6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Luke will have plenty of time to become a sufficient fighter. His father and the Jedi before him had years of combat training while he only had a year. Course, we don't know how much Lightsaber dueling is involved and how much it'll be blocking blaster bolts and slicing up Stormtroopers.

Smile_youS.O.B likes this.
  7. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    I remember that film! It was called Mutronics in England for some weird reason. Very dumb film with crappy fight choreography ( the sequel is much superior), and all the time thinking Hamill was the one who played the guyver. I have to say he didn't look like he aged well in that film, and thought he looked a lot better in later years thats for sure.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, The Guyver. We reviewed that last year on a blog I used to write for (I'm Tony, if you're so inclined to read it). Mark doesn't have much to do except run around looking disheveled.

Darth Raiden likes this.
  9. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    I have to say I watched many films with disturbing scenes and can eat at the same time (my mom once said to me wile watching ROTJ and I quote; I don't how you can eat food while watching that disgusting vile film), but there some scenes in guyver that really turn my stomach. Hamill turning into a zornaid is one of them where I can't watch it fully or even eating a chewing gum would make me feel so vile and dirty. BTW cool reviews, I'll definitely bookmark it :)

10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_laugh] I completely understand. For me, gore and gross-out stuff is all about context. It really bothers me in films like Saw, but one of my favorite movies of all-time is David Cronenberg's The Fly. (though I will admit to fast forwarding through the arm wrestling scene), which is about as gross and explicit as it gets.

Awesome, thank you :D! I've since left the "Monthly Midnight Movie Exchange" blog--which is now a podcast, and a darn good one--, but Noel and I still do a weekly blog together where we review short-lived cartoons and TV series (and any tie-in comic books and toy lines). We're on a hiatus for the next month while he moves, but we'll be back in May. Link is on the "MMME" site ("Super Saturday Short-Lived Showcase"). We've been at it for almost three years, so there's tons there to read. Everything from live-action shows like Automan and Streethawk, to cartoons like In-Humanoids and Pole Position.

Anyway, sorry to get off topic. I know this is the Mark Hamill thread.

Darth Raiden likes this.
  11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Don't forget about Boba Fett's return, too. ;)

It was a good series for a comic book, I guess. But I guess that was the problem, too. So much good mixed in with so much bad. Well, at least that's what Empire's End mostly contained, anyway. I hated that two part ending so much because it felt so rushed. Either they lost interest, or didn't outright care about their product. Shame on you, Dark Horse. The art was horrible and silly looking, too. They should have had Kennedy finished the series, mainly because his dark and gritty art is what made the series, anyway. It was one of the things that made the books feel like Star Wars.

12. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    How old will Luke be, since the movie takes place thirty years after ROTJ?

13. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002

53 I think...if I did my maths right...

Gemma, Revanfan1 and Krueger like this.
  14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yep. He and Leia were 23 in ROTJ.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

I don't think it was a case of not caring, but either not having enough material to publish a six issue series, much less a four issue one, or a mandate to get it done quickly. As to the artwork, Kennedy was busy with another project, I would assume. He was doing the Fett one-shots at the time. Probably couldn't do two series at once.

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Well, whatever the case, Dark Horse Comics let me down. Empire's End was horrible and it ruined the series, which was teetering on the edge, anyway.

17. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    i still need to read Luke Skywalker and the shadows of mindor. i'm hestistant to read any EU Novel until i get a definitive Post ROTJ timeline.

18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    It's actually a very good read, and this is from someone who doesn't like the EU as a rule.

T-R- and Revanfan1 like this.
  19. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    is that the one with the force sensitive bunnies?

20. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Matthew Stover is awesome. The eps III novel is the best one written in my opinion.
    http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fa...f=a_search_c4_1_1_srTtl?qid=1396372174&sr=1-1

21. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

Shadows of Mindor is one of the best EU books, IMHO. Of course, I'm biased because I'm a huge fan of the early EU (Marvel comics, newspaper strips), and this novel references both....The Mandalorian Fenn Shysa (from one of my favorite Marvel comics) makes a cameo, and Luke battles black-armored stormtroopers - who were first seen in the late '70's/early '80's SW newspaper strip by Russ Manning...

JainaSoloYJK, Gilrod, T-R- and 3 others like this.
  22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    TBH, Shadows of Mindor will probably be safe, as it only takes place one year after ROTJ.

23. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    what about the jedi knight games that had luke in them

24. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Pity he didn't show this level of resistance against Palpatine ;)

25. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Mark usually Tweets pretty often, he hasen't posted anything since March 18th. Is it possible that he is already on set of SW EP 7?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.