main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update MOD Mod Squad Updates - 2014 End of the Year on Page 6

Discussion in 'Communications' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Jan 15, 2014.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Mod Squad Update for the month of March 2014

- Bazinga'd joined the MS family as the new Star Wars Community moderator.
    - We recently started discussing how to implement a new "warning" system to make sure regular users automatically know when they have been modded. The system is still in its early stages, but any new information about it will be published here.
    - Discussion on a new definition of "official continuity" for the 7SA forums took place. The changes have already been reflected by the informational threads (warning: link takes you to the spoiler forums).
    - Two new trophies were added to the system. There's an ongoing discussion on what to do with the points and titles: leave them as they are, rehaul them, or just do away with them. We'd be interested in knowing your opinion on the issue.
    - We are still working on updating the boards software towards Xenforo 1.2. We haven't been able to do much work on it, as our tech people have been or reduced time, but it's still coming. This reduced time has also affected any work on the truncated posts issue; we have no advances to report on that front.
    - The boards suffered some downtime on March 1st and March 18th. Resetting the server fixed the issues.
    - Discussion on the possibility of doing an April's Fools joke took place. It was unanimously decided that it wasn't worth the effort and, honestly, most of the times they are insulting towards our userbase.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Although doing away with them would be nice (because what exactly do they add to the experience here?), a massive rehaul could work, as that discussion could make the trophies more interesting, worthwhile, etc.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    LAJ edit - fixed date in MS Update header and subsequent quote..

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I rarely look at the trophy list, so I can't determine what two trophies these are. Which ones are they?

Points and titles: First preference is to overhaul them to make them more interesting and create more variety. Start by killing the ones for being around a certain number of years, because those will continue to be awarded even to people that have completely disappeared, thereby artificially inflating their point total and title years after they left (a person that joined in 1999, made five trollish posts, and left/was banned, would now have 375 points from tenure alone). Second preference, if an overhaul cannot be accomplished with sufficient variety, is to just do away with them and the trophies entirely.

Just as a note, don't forget the Tapatalk plugin while you're at it, as it being outdated is causing some push notifications to be delayed by hours or not come in at all. There's a thread here in Comms about that, but I'm too lazy to link to it at the moment because baseball. :p

Nice joke. You're obviously trying to trick us into thinking that there won't be one only to spring it on us tomorrow. I'M ON TO YOU!!! :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Who changed the Senate tag to "Blah blah who cares?"

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It was unanimously deemed redundant considering the recent reopening of the Senate Floor, so for now there's a placeholder name.

Ender Sai likes this.
  7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I don't know, but I love it, and think it should stay that way.

9. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    [​IMG]

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I figured that was the April Fool's joke. I liked it. :p

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Yeah I wasn't 100% sure since it wasn't 1 April in the US at the time.

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Poor kitty.

13. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    My kitty would literally kill me if I tried anything like that. I almost lost an eye to her. I was smelling her tummy and held her up and said 'pee-yew...smells like corn'. The cat gasped and took a swipe at my eye, missing my retina by millimeters. Still luv er.

I have made more Senate Floor posts in one day than I have in the collective time I've been on these boards. Senate Focus group actually delivers!

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Cool story Hansel.

15. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    I aim to please and am pleased to aim.

16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008

Mr. K likes this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    More like:

:cool:

GGrievous likes this.
  18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I tend to like the titles and trophies, though

a) that time recently when about ten trophies at once hit a lot of people simultaneously, might have devalued them;

b) there's a recent new user who I feel has pressed 'like' for every single drokking thing I post over the last few weeks, so when I got my most recent trophy, for 250 (or whatever) 'likes', I did feel that this person had devalued the significance of the event. Like someone spamming Amazon to increase feedback scores or and auction to increase the sale price.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I have amassed over 15,000 'likes' as a moderator. I am clearly not hostile enough with our user base.

20. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    15,410, sir ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    And I just gave you another one. Nyah.

jcgoble3 and Pensivia like this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  23. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    As did I...now I think I should log on with each of my socks and do the same[face_mischief]:p

Rainbow Knight Star and jcgoble3 like this.
  24. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    I really like the likes and trophies, as well as the titles and points. Hopefully the JCF staff can just rework the titles and points, rather than doing away with them.

Circular Logic likes this.
  25. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    What is it specifically about the titles & trophies that you like?