main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Actually this thread is for pointing out derp. I don't think anyone has said that all conservatives or Christians agree with the derp that is posted.

In fact, conservatives or Christians stepping in and arguing against the derp is helpful, as Rogue1-and-a-half has done. My parents are Christians but are not anti-science nor did they teach my sister or me to submit to men. The derp posted was not "all Christians believe that the Earth is 6000 years old." It was "Look, this idiot is deliberately ignoring established science." Or, "Look, another sexist ******* with a Y chromosome posting derp about women in order to compensate for very small genitals." Not "all men or all Christian men are sexist."

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    This was the best part:

[face_laugh] Irony much?

What a giant jackass.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Aristotelian logic is also deeply, deeply flawed as a result of its syllogism and predicate constructions, but for some reason I doubt John C. Wright is particularly familiar with the modern field of philosophical and mathematical logic.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I read the whole effing essay. Where's my promotion?

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    It's a shell game. You'll never get that promotion.

6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Do I get a cookie at least?

A pat on the back?

High five?

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Stoning is the legal in Colorado, but I don't think that's what they have in mind.

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I take it 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone.' has been edited out of their Bible. I mean the Bible has a lot more to say about adultery than homosexuality and yet when an adulteress was caught in the act and brought to Jesus he didn't have her stoned but showed her love and mercy, despite the Law of Moses prescribing such punishment.

So if they feel that Jesus would apply literal application of Old Testament law on sinners... either they are ignorant or are deliberately interpreting the Bible to fit their own bigotry

That church knows not the love of God, they are not servants of Christ.

10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    ^hence it's really a double form of derpitous maximus.

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    [​IMG]

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

=D=

13. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    That joke must be 200 years old at least.

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Arkansas state rep:"If slavery was so God-aweful why didn't Jesus or Paul condemn it?"

If slavery were so God-awful, why didn’t Jesus or Paul condemn it, why was it in the Constitution and why wasn’t there a war before 1861?
    The South has always stood by the Constitution and limited government. When one attacks the Confederate Battle Flag, he is certainly denouncing these principles of government as well as Christianity.
    His other letters call Abraham Lincoln a Marxist and celebrate the Confederate flag as “a symbol of Christian liberty vs. the new world order.”
    I think the first comment in the commenst section says it best:
    "If slavery were so God-awful, why didn’t Jesus or Paul condemn it"?

A good question, actually. The obvious answer is that the Bible got the single easiest moral question wrong, and therefore should not be relied upon for moral guidance. =D=

The good news is that the GOP of the state are pulling all funding from this guy.

timmoishere likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Hahahaha oh you wacky racist southerners!

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Some of us are sane. But it can get painful to live down here. I would never live anywhere in rural/small town North Carolina again nor would I move further south.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  17. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    The slavery of the south did not exist when Jesus and Paul walked the earth. And when Paul did talk about slavery(almost always being bondservants who were paid a wage and/or willingly entered into a servant contract with their master) he commanded that the master behave justly and fairly and not to forget their servants were also their equals as brothers and sisters in Christ. And also that the 'masters' should remember their own Master in heaven will be watching them in how they treat their servants.

There are no words capable of expressing just how disgusted I am at this idiocy.

Mar17swgirl and VadersLaMent like this.
  18. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009

And 350 years in the future:

[​IMG]

"I see Mr. Data has been reading Leviticus again, Number One."

V-2, Juliet316 and VadersLaMent like this.
  19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Actually over 300 years :-B

CloneUncleOwen likes this.
  20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I've seen that sign before. That time it warned black women that white homo demons, released by Obama, of course, was going to take their men.

Somebody needs to give him the following tract:

[​IMG]

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  23. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    And while MSNBC was airing the GM Congressional hearings (and CNN was covering the missing plane, but what else is new for CNN these days?), what was FOX covering? BENGHAZI!

*TWITCH*

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Well let's check in on that GOP outreach initiative.

White men are superior to everyone who is not white and not male

Oh damn flarbagarble. :oops:

---"Family background has the most decisive effect on student achievement, contributing to a large performance gap between children from economically disadvantaged families and those from middle class homes," ----

Hmm. That doesn't sound so bad. Let's see what else is said.

---"No woman has been a significant original thinker in any of the world's great philosophical traditions," he wrote. "Women have produced a smaller number of important visual artists, and none that is clearly in the first rank. No female composer is even close to the first rank. Social restrictions undoubtedly damped down women’s contributions in all of the arts, but the pattern of accomplishment that did break through is strikingly consistent with what we know about the respective strengths of male and female cognitive repertoires."
    Murray's 2008 book that Abbott cites, Real Education, argues that students with lower IQ's are not as educable as smarter children and should be siphoned off to vocational programs instead of sent to college. He estimates that only 10 to 20 percent of young adults are capable of doing college-level work. ---

[​IMG]