main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    8 year old's endevour to get the wooly mammoth named the Official State Fossil

Hey that's great. South Carolina responding to a little girl's interest in science and possibly having a positive impact on the scientific education of others.

---An 8-year-old South Carolina girl's dream of having the woolly mammoth become the official state fossil has been put on hold while lawmakers debate an amendment that gives God credit for creation of the prehistoric animal.
    That amendment was ruled out of order but senators this week will debate a new amendment that says the mammoth was "created on the sixth day along with the beasts of the field," Bryant said on Monday.
    "I just had a notion that we ought to consider acknowledging the creator as we acknowledge one of his creations," Bryant said.---

[​IMG]

2. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    And no women are likely to be any of those things, if this guy has his way. Plus, something tells me this guy hasn't actually researched the history of women in the arts. Or has anything but the most superficial knowledge about art and culture, actually. He sounds like an idiotic philistine to me.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This guy can't be serious. I'm just going to assume that it's a belated April Fool's prank.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    No no. It's a shell game.

5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Computers = 666

Nothing like The End Times to start the weekend. I just hope it doesn't happen too soon, Marvel says they have movies planned through 2028.

[​IMG]

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    s

Does that mean Roberton himself works for Satan given that he encourages people to buy his books and other 700 club/CBN/Regent University stuff and the like online?

7. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I recently had a creationist tell me "Computers aren't science, they're technology!" [face_plain]

8. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Interesting to see privacy experts starting to use religious paranoia this way... When I was with no2id there were discussions about it, but the consensus was that it's unethical and would ultimately weaken our position. I know there were some who said they'd still use it but they were the paranoid conspiracy lot and nobody listens to them anyway.

9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, dang it. I was totally going to not get the Mark of the Beast, but I've been buying from Amazon for years. Ol' Scratch really snuck that one up on me.

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Better to rule in PC products than serve Microsoft.

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  12. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

the white women on fox news are getting weirder looking all the time. like what is that? is she wincing in pain at the very mention of obamacare or is that just her face?

its a bit astonishing how quickly they've overshot their folksy ideal and wound up in nightmare territory. but then that's always been the problem with eugenics programs

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  14. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Let's just hope PETA doesn't get their wish in this case, on the grounds that the house is on land zoned for residential development, and not commercial.

(I played the Super NES version of Sim City, I know how this stuff works)

V-2 likes this.
  15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Doubtful. F&F consistently scores enormous ratings, and as the token conservative on The View, she probably didn't have much fun. Now she's among friends.

Aside from Steve Doocy, who is whack, its not a terrible group. Hasselbeck is certainly better than the insufferable shrill she replaced.

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well PETA seems to have good intentions, but why don't they just knock the whole house down?

17. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    You'd be crazy to knock it down. Just look at how much Jack The Ripper tours make. You're throwing future tourism money away.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    When I was in London in '04 I did the Jack the Ripper tour twice. :p

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, Jack the Ripper was never caught, and there are conspiracies out there that he never even existed.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like the conspiracy that he was King Edward VII myself.

21. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I enjoy the Sir William Gull take. It's one of those obviously false FREEMASONS!!!1! accusations, but it just made for such a great comic book.

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Not to mention a Hellraiser cenobite.

[​IMG]

24. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
  25. VadersLaMent