main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion 'Big Bang Theory' will mark Star Wars Day with special episode

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TiniTinyTony , Apr 3, 2014.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The stars of TV comedy "The Big Bang Theory" are set to celebrate Star Wars Day on May 4 with a very special episode.

Writers have teamed up with Lucasfilm special effects experts for a themed special that will air three days before the unofficial geek holiday. In the episode, the TV show's regulars will celebrate Star Wars Day, and TV veteran Bob Newhart will reprise his Emmy-winning role as Arthur Jeffries.

The Lucasfilm Industrial Light + Magic technicians will recreate Yoda's home planet Dagobah for the special episode. "The Big Bang Theory" creator Chuck Lorre says, "We were approached by the Lucasfilm people to do something to celebrate Star Wars Day, which was nice."

2. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I love Star Wars, I love The Big Bang Theory, and I celebrate Star Wars Day so I'll really love this episode. I plan on taking the day off of work to spend the day doing Star Wars things. One of those things will be to watch this episode on that day.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This is going to be awesome!

Legolas Skywalker likes this.
  4. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014
    As long as they don't make any "May the Fourth be with you" jokes, it should be alright.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My thoughts exactly. I'm as excited about this as I was about James Earl Jones and Carrie Fisher being on the show. And that episode was fantastic.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Doesn't this belong in Saga In Depth? [face_mischief]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    This should be awesome. :D They've done some really classic Star Trek stuff.

8. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I think you're making a joke, but I was wondering where to put this thread. If you're serious, please feel free to move it.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    It belongs in here, its on TV, but the joke was more about the setting... it reminds me of TESB.:)

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Agreed

11. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    They're also doing a Star Wars themed episode of The Goldbergs, with the characters in line for ROTJ

12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I don't watch "Big Bang" normally but I decided to DVR it. The Bob Newhart stuff was meh.

I did enjoy:
    Admiral Ackbar Snack Bar
    R2D-caf
    Cafe au Leia
    Chai Tea 3P0
    Attack of the Scones

"The toys were holding hands in a furnace!"

Death Star cake was awesome.

"You didn't miss anything, we just started over."
    "Son of a *****."

13. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I don't care for this show at all, so someone tell me what the jokes are after it airs.

cwustudent likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Penny knowing SW stuff was hilarious. That TS3 mention got me.

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  15. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Amusing episode. They've done better ones, but I loved the Star Wars foods and Penny's reactions where great.

16. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008

Guess what opened the episode...

17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Picture the cold open with no laugh track. It makes it better.

18. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Never was a fan of this show, put it on because of the SW tie in. Worst 30 minutes I've spent in quite some time.

FRAGWAGON, TKT and cwustudent like this.
  19. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Someone once made the statement that Big Bang Theory is the nerd equivilant of Blackface. I laughed harder at that than I did at any BBT episode.

Convor, TKT and cwustudent like this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You people quit hating what I like and go back to liking what I hate or something.

I've got this one on my DVR and may watch it tonight. I hope it's as good as the JEJ episode.

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Finally saw this episode. Not bad for a Star Wars themed episode. Got a lot of good references and they even mentioned Palpatine.

22. Palpatine77

Palpatine77 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2010
    Luckily I'm a fan of The Big Bang Theory, so I enjoyed the episode. Interesting that Lucasfilm approached them about doing a Star Wars-centric episode, I especially find it interesting considering how often the writers go to the Prequel-bashing well for jokes throughout the episode yet it still has Lucasfilm approval. At first blush I would think Lucasfilm would ask to browse over the script and politely ask to remove Prequel-bashing jokes (or at least so many Prequel-bashing jokes), but I guess at this point they're ok with it........

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  23. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    The gimmick worked in that I watched the show. It didn't work in that I still see it as OK at best.

24. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I like BBT but didn't really enjoy this episode. Jokes were meh and too much PT bashing although I should be used to that. Star Wars Day (for me) is annoying in general. When did an internet joke become a national thing like that?? Anyway, I celebrate Star Wars everyday. Its like telling your mother you love her only on Mothers Day.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't really love how Bob Newhart plays Professor Proton so unfortunately the Force-ghost stuff fell pretty flat with me. I identify with the anti-PT sentiment to an extent but I think Ep. I is way better than Ep. II so even that I didn't really agree with. Some of the one-liners made me chuckle but I'm one of those people who loves Star Wars but thinks "May the fourth be with you" being a thing is pretty dumb, so most of them didn't do anything for me. It was fine as a BBT episode but as a SW tribute it was a disappointment. The Death Star cake was cool.