main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    TrakNar, at least you will hopefully not be Store Trekking Across the Universe.

No worries, Goodwood, I figured it was something along those lines—people still do occasionally get that impression of us. :p

TrakNar likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Depends on which store I want to go to. Last night, it was Store Trekking Into Darkness Across the Universe. Earlier, it was just Store Trek Down the Street in the Rain.

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I just wish my store were in at least quasi-walking distance like yours! Back in California we Store Trekked down a very very steep hill and then back up again—it was fantastic resistance training. :) I even trekked down said steep hill while in labor, since the hospital was not too far from the store and we figured, why drive when it's perfectly walkable? But out here, we have to take a car even for those tiny errands. I kind of miss Store Trekking. :/

4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    The closest grocery store is about two miles away, with a recently-opened convenience store about a mile down the road. I can also walk into town (two miles down the road) and take the bus elsewhere. It's not a bad location, though a bike would make things easier.

5. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    My store is less than a few hundred meters from my condo.

The convenience store, that is. The grocery store is a couple of kilometers down the road.

6. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I can relate -- my current prescription is 3 years old -- I pick up my new glasses tomorrow -- my distance has not changed but my reading distance needed to be changed --- small print is a witch when you get over 40. Suddenly your arms are not long enough to make it readable. I litterally had a friend hold a menu at two feet for me - so I could read it.

7. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Well, they put the carpet into my and my roommate's room, and the hallway up to the living space. I have been moving stuff back into my room; today I'm going to pick up a completely new set of bedclothes, pillows and a comforter, in addition to an additional floor lamp (for some mad reason, my room isn't wired for a ceiling fixture at all, and the switch in the entrance instead controls a wall outlet. I've already got one floor lamp, and if I can find one just like it or similar enough, I've got a matching "daylight" CFL (compact fluorescent bulb) to have a two-lamp setup that'll turn off and on at the flick of the aforementioned switch.

Everything else in my room will be plugged into outlets that don't have such a screwball setup.

8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Mabel has perfected her cat flounder routine. I can roll over onto my side and she'll stay attached to me the entire time as she migrates from my stomach to my arm. She's like one of those weighted balls that you turn and the object inside stays upright.

Gemma likes this.
  9. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    I just noticed that today is TrakNar 's forums anniversary. Happy anniversary! If there were a "raising a glass of champagne" smiley, I would post one, but I can't seem to find one.

EDIT: "Mabels wobble but they don't fall down..." :D

Gemma likes this.
  10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Three years of no life!

And...

Action Mabel with kung-fu grip!

11. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    D'awwwwww! [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

'Grats, TrakNar! "Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube Mabel!"

12. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    I'm rooting for Hot Water Bottle/Lap Warmer Mabel, myself!

TrakNar likes this.
  13. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Gotta love Tumblr.

14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, so is this a real Tumblr publicity video? I'm guessing not, but it's not completely easy to tell. The only aspect of the video whose seriousness I could discern with any certainty was the See's Candies ad. :D

15. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Nah, it's a spoof piece highlighting the utter vapidness of Tumblr and other atrocities of humanity contained therein. ;)

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    This gave me a good laugh, though it may only make sense to other Pokefans.

[​IMG]

17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    À propos of absolutely nothing, I just noticed that this entire page of the thread is populated almost entirely by us three Gand-avatared ones. How very... Gandish we all are together!

Goodwood likes this.
  18. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Yes. We're just so Gand up in here with our Gand-ness. Gandulous!

Findswoman likes this.
  19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    We need more Gands for our takeover of TFN.

When the humans and mods are away, the Gands will play.

Findswoman likes this.
  20. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Ooryl will bust Zuckuss out of the hospital or die trying!

Findswoman and TrakNar like this.
  21. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oi! Mav is gone and I'm in the middle of writing drunken papers (it's not going well) and there is a Gand revolution. Should have seen it coming.

I went to that History Department social. Ate food, drank with my profs (they were surprised with the number of rums and cokes I could down) and had an all around fun time. No drunk fights this time, but we got to hear a lot of dirt since the majority of those in attendance are graduating in May. The have offered one of the candidates a job, but they were really disappointed with them all, so they are trying to get they guy who was here for one semester back. I'll be glad if they do, his lectures were really fun, but I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't work out.

22. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Briannakin At least you're not learning Drunken Boxing through a neural interface. ;)

23. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Why does that sound familiar...

We played Kick the Can and Sardines at youth today. In a word, entertaining.

24. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. no. I'm actually pretty much sober now. I have a super fast metabolism, so I don't know if that helps with my ability to consume large quantities of alcohol and be completely sober in 2 hours, but it comes in handy.

I would finish my stupid last essay now, but my brothers are having sleepovers, so there are 4 teenage boys down the hall. They are going skiing tomorrow, so I have the house to myself, so I think I shall finish it then. I've got 500 more words till I hit the low end of the required count, yet I've got like that in research alone left to fit in, plus my conclusion, so I figure I'm all good.

EDIT: I've heard of kick the can, but sardines? It sounds familiar, but I can't think of what it is.

25. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    #thematrixhasyou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.