main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Horn: Script expected in January

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diggs, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I read that he tried to get Kasdan to look at TPM script and he declined, saying that it was GL's thing then and not his. Or something like that. :confused:

dolphin and Dra--- like this.
  2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Reading between the lines on that I got the feeling he didn't want another situation like ROTJ. To be fair to GL, he also tried to get Darabont involved on TPM too and he also felt GL didn't need his help.

dolphin likes this.
  3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    So it wasn't like GL didn't want other opinions on the script, then. People were asked and refused.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Eh, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill didn't exactly have to do swordfighting training before they filmed "Star Wars". (Unless Mark did have swordfighting training for his 30 seconds with the lightsaber which probably happened, like, that day.) It's entirely possible that the lead that is still possibly being cast doesn't have to swordfight in the slightest. We're used to everyone having swordfighting training because we just came outta 3 movies full of Jedi.

5. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

Also, a film shoot doesn't film in the order of the movie (opening scenes shot first, ending coming last). That actor may not be needed until July/August

Darth Raiden and Dra--- like this.
  6. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  7. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Whoa, weird. Really good news though!

It also confirms that Michael Arndt's draft is still in the mix somewhat, just an earlier draft.

8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Man, could that guy shut up and actually let him answer a question. He kept trying to talk and the guy kept interrupting. :mad:

9. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    That was irritating me too.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Wow, they haven't announced the cast but are already shooting? Leak imminent.

I don't believe it. There be lightsaber fights in VII and the lead is a Jedi apprentice.

11. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Could be background plates. As soon as they've finalised cast they will announce all en masse I would guess.

12. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I hope the changes Abrams was supposed to be doing were true after all. The Ardnt story didn´t seem to be about a new Skywalker but about two new Solos. I have no problem with Han and Leia having a daughter as have been rumored, but I think Star Wars is about the Skywalker and a new trilogy should have a new Skywalker to deal with the new galactic menace.

I like to interpret the 3 new face thing as Luke´s son, Leia´s daughter and a third non-force user (probably the black actor we have been reading about). That would do it for me. I doubt any other combination would be better.

13. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    This is definitely news (@1:05).

I wonder if Arndt will get credit for doing the early draft. Does 33% of the final screenplay have to consist of words he actually typed?

Dra--- likes this.
  14. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Not shooting back to back Episodes.

15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Mr. Horn also mentioned 'We're up against it" or "Up against the wall." They've got to keep moving forward diligently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    And
    Darth_Bertie is not my sock account, I swear. :D

Anyway, I agree with everything you're saying here, especially about your take/hope for the make-up of the three new heroes.

If the reports we've been hearing are accurate, I'll be much happier with the version of the film we'll be getting. I'm particularly in favor of more screen time for Luke and a shift in the focal-point for the next-gen heroes from the Solos to Luke's son, and if the price to pay for getting the story I most want to see is having to wait an extra few months before the film hits theatres, then I'm okay with that.

I did notice in the video from the link that newdawn12 posted that Alan Horn cited "casting" as the "toughest part" about supervising the new SW. I wish the interviewer hadn't talked over Horn's response (I can't quite make out what Alan was saying there). Horn then quickly moved on to talk about the screenplay, but seemed to indicate that this particular issue is one which has been resolved and is now in the rearview mirror.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Nice, he sort of allayed many of the fears people had with just a few words. Most of the casting is finished, shooting has already begun, acknowledged Arndt's work on the script. Check, check, check. :D

Darkslayer, Immortiss, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  18. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Backs up Diggs rumor that the SP is supposed to be good.

In addition to bringing Arndt up, he also calls Kasdan co-writer.

Guess what, there's a movie being made and there are challenges. Not a surprise! :D

The most exciting part for me was his emphasis on a good screenplay. IMO, that's the most important single element.

19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    He mentioned one of Arndt's early drafts. It's not like there were no delays and problems. But now the train seems to be back on track and that's the only thing that really matters.

Dra--- likes this.
  20. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Yes but who's on the train, what kind of train is it, & where do the tracks lead? ;)

21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Into the chocolate wonderland of Willy Wonka.

22. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Is he going to say anything other than the screenplay is good?

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If only...

Darkslayer and Darth_Pevra like this.
  24. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013

LOL exactly.

Oh no this screenplay is pretty mediocre but we plan to get by on special effects, besides its a star wars movie. That **** will hit huge numbers regardless of what we throw up on the screen.

25. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

I believe that's a term in relation to the shooting schedule. Day 1 of Principal filming is around the corner. Something along those lines. I don't think it denotes adversity or refers to any specific challenges given the context.

fishtailsam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.