main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

[​IMG]

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Is this Jim Butcher's other series? I've read a few of those. They kinda lost me at one point but I can't remember which book I was on when that happened.

3. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    That was me, yes.

4. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    The current docket is GotG this August >>> Avengers: AoU next May >>> Ant-Man end of next July >>> Cap 3 in May 2016 (same release dates at Batman vs Superman, in fact). Aside from that, nothing's been confirmed, but apparently Kevin Feige has the entire plan put on the wall of his office that's plotted out until 2028. My guess is we get a Doctor Strange movie and one other movie (Black Widow? Black Panther? Wasp? Something even weirder?) and then another Avengers movie in late summer 2018. After that, who knows.

5. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
  6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, it's Butcher.

I've not actually read any of his other stuff. I'll probably be changing that, soon.

7. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    The lack of auction house is old school EQ. East Commons tunnel. I guess each faction needs an equivalent in ESO.

IIRC, GW2 allows multiple guilds too. Seems like whenever I play my EP char my DC guilds are more active and vice-versa.

Which faction are you? Race/class/build?

8. Kylun

Kylun Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2008
    I'm an Imperial in Daggerfall, a sword and board, heavy armor Templar type. Just playing around at the moment, really, figuring things out as I go. Recently starting playing with blacksmithing, too. I've always had a bit of a crafter in me.

I've also got a Nord 2h warrior and a dual-wielding Khajiit sitting around, haven't spent any time with them. Don't know when I'll get to them.

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You need to read Dresden Files.

s65horsey likes this.
  10. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I've had this said to me before. I'll get on it, sir!

11. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Oh, sure, jump to it when he tells you to read something. :p

s65horsey and Ulicus like this.
  12. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah but I take you for granted.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, it's the Dresden Files guy? I read one of his short stories in the Dangerous Women anthology that had the new GRRM short in it.

14. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I have a level 10 Imp DK with sword and board and heavy armor in DC. And I've been messing with a Breton Templar with Healing Staff and light armor in EP. I love the Explorer's Pack.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I've only read the first 5 but they've all been good, bagged 6 and 7 in the last couple of days.

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

New meme is best meme.

17. karilyan

karilyan Jedi Knight

Jan 8, 2014

I like this one better
    [​IMG]

18. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    GrandAdmiralJello
    You know, I don't see why an Imperial character in the Ebonheart Pact doesn't make sense. The primary reasons for the pact existing is mutual defense against two other large alliances and to thwart Molag Bal. The Nords probably want to restore the Empire -- that's essentially what happens, albeit I guess a Colovian guy with a Nord general who may or may not have slit his throat and taken over -- and I can't see why an Imperial wouldn't flee to Skyrim and be like "I need to raise a badass Nord army."

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That's not what the EP manifesto indicates though, which is my primary issue. I don't buy the mutual defense argument on that basis. That text suggests the defensive argument is merely pretextual.

20. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    When you get down to it, Tiber Septim is the greatest CKII player in history.

21. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    No he just hacked the game.

22. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
  23. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I really don't mind, especially since it will be in movie form.

I wonder when Star Trek will return to the small screen.

24. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    lol

I haven't seen the manifesto. Still, if you aren't really participating in PVP, then I don't really see a character in a faction as representing that faction so much as being either a native of the region, e.g. an Imperial that was living in Skyrim or Morrowind (somehow pre-Septim Empire I guess) or you were just dumped there out of Coldharbour and are going with the flow to stop Molag Bal, but not actually part of the military.

25. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    For the love of all please read the Dresden Files. I adore that series so much.

Jedi Ben likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.