main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    I think she 's more in a stabby revenge mood... :3 blaster is appreciated though.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh, he likes knives and blades. He will enjoy watching that then. [face_devil]

[​IMG]

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay, I just decided, as Masha and Taab are separating from Sunri, I will update the salon pod pair as a block, and Sunri, separately.

I do love, and continue to be amazed by, how the turning up of Hillick's war fleet, and the detonation of the VicStars, completely ****** up the reception that I was anticipating the three having to face.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  4. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    XD hang in there. I'm surprised it went in the direction it did at all.

5. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
  6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Character sheets have been updated / added to the Quick Reference. :)

Master Selkath and Heavy Isotope like this.
  7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Vehn, I am tagging you via your visible name, and the account number, as you stipulated, so I don't know what else I can do.

It seems to work for other people.

I'm sure your avatar name used to be longer, Liam Vehn(?), so I will ask the Comms technical issue thread if there is any part of the account that remembers the old names when someone has changed it, and if the taggy thing is referring to that part.

Great post. As you may have noted on Rocketjocks a page or two ago, I want to use the dice option to determine our success of hitting the AT-AT. There was a System vs Roleplaying thread on the Resources forum, with fans of the dicey sith way of RPing, versus freeform.

I don't understand most of that stuff, but something must have stuck. I want to try the dice thing to decide the result of this missile strike. Roughly, splitting the total possible count into thirds, so out of a hypothetical 12-sided die, points 1-4, total miss; 5-8 hit, target affected, eg. intact but misses the spaceport; 9-12 variations on KABLOOEY, I suppose.

Bravo, thanks for update. Will check them out.

8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Sounds good. Yeah, I see the tag working in your post, and it works for other people who tag me, so not sure what's going on there. Maybe something that's just a forum issue. No problems.

The dice will add an extra layer of suspense and chance to the entire encounter. Should be good anyway it turns out...:cool:

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Did you happen to notice what Sydney's "backdrop" was when he made the shot? Eg. if we get a low dice roll, and the missile misses, it'll go on to hit whatever is beyond, be it the spaceport terminal, landing areas, docking ports, fields, etc.

Also, can you check if Ayres was around to hear Taab's gang being sent to that Dock 29?

10. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I didn't include anything in my post about a "backdrop" but to be honest given the trajectory of the AT-AT, well, if we miss its not going to look good for those below. Plan on spaceport terminal if there's a low dice roll.

As far as Taab, Ayres was in the Gamble's cockpit the entire time so hope that provides an answer to that question for you. Some great writing, people, keep it up.

11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I was hoping for a school or baby milk factory or some such to be behind the target area.... :p

[​IMG]

Vehn and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  12. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I could edit my post...[face_laugh]

13. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Hope y'all don't mind me dropping in here, but since this is where it's relevant, I want to repost what I put in Comms about this issue and add something else.

To quote my response in Comms: "You have to use the at-sign method by typing @Sith-I-5 to generate an alert. Typing [USER=709637]Sith-I-5[/USER] will not generate an alert, even if you use his real username. This is because the at-sign method is converted to BBCode upon saving, and if BBCode was capable of generating alerts, then every edit to or quote of the post would produce another alert, which would get quite annoying after a while."

So, to be clearer, here is a tag for Vehn, who will not get a tag alert for this post because I typed in raw BBCode to produce the tag. If BBCode did generate alerts, then Vehn would get a tag alert for this post, even if I did not type a tag for him earlier in this paragraph, because I quoted a post that tagged him, which would be rather annoying for him if the post was quoted several times. Make sense?

And to add to what I said in Comms, if a user has changed names, the current name is the one that must be used with the at-sign method. So Vehn should be tagged as Vehn, not Liam_Vehn (his former name).

Bravo likes this.
  14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay, I am confused.

Are you saying that it is impossible to type in raw BBCode and generate a tag alert that others can see?

Okay, do you remember that Ayres met up with the Mercs in a bar? Lasso assigned Taab and Sunri to accompany Masha to the Dock 29 napkin invite, while seated in the same establishment. What I am asking, is if Sydney was in there, and overheard.

16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    That is indeed the case. It's by design because, as jcg mentions, if that were not the case you'd get a new alert every time a post with a tag was so much as sneezed at. You absolutely have to use the rich text @username method to actually send an alert.

Bravo likes this.
  17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, that will save a few seconds.

Thank you to everyone who have helped.

And those who led me down the [user=] tag route in the first place, I won't hold it against you. :p

Bravo likes this.
  18. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Sith-I-5, yes, Ayres overheard that little tidbit.

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay, here's an idea.

Testing, testing, 123: Vehn

20. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    All clear on my end. We're reading you five by five! :cool: Thanks!

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all, heads up. Sith-I-5 asked me a great question and I wanted to clarify.

Safe Zone Two-Two-A is the villa and lake.

22. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    Bardan_Jusik, you can assume Atin will find a speedy hovervan among all the landing Imperial troops and try to contact us.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  23. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    FYI, Jason Lasso does not know of Hilick Soal's presence over Craci Prime. Sith-I-5 altered me to that mistake the other night. So please omit that information from Lasso's last IC post. :)

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Have I missed anyone's tags for either Bravo or Intervention that I have not answered in the last two weeks?

Sith, do you want me to reply to the Governor's tag from a few weeks ago or do we want to drop that side story and move on? Its your call. :) I know I haven't answered that tag yet.

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    If and when you are ready to take the Governor up to the Darkest Night, then we can continue with that side story and tag, but if you have no plans to address that, we can let it all fade away.

Bardan_Jusik, Heavy Isotope, I have drawn a pic representing the Dep S' hangar bay. When it is on Photobucket, and thus usable here, I will update your situations.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.