main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Promo for next week's episode:

GenAntilles likes this.
  2. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm surprised no one mentioned Black Widow dumping all of SHIELD's secrets online. Hand and Coulson didn't seem to know or care about that fact.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's likely that with everything else going on with HYDRA actually attacking and taking over SHIELD, that perhaps they didn't know about it yet. Or if they do know, they thing HYDRA did it. Perhaps it'll be addressed in next week's ep?

4. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    He killed 3 SHIELD agents in cold blood... but he didn't say "hail hydra". Thank god, I wouldn't be able to forgive him after that.

5. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well only one of them was a named character so it's one SHIELD agent and two red shirts no one will mention again. :p

But what I meant is, he may not be Hydra but is instead just loyal to Garret.

Though after reading interviews with the writers... it seems Ward is and has been Hydra the whole time.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm not so sure. The preview for next week, including Garret saying "Welcome to Hydra" seems to indicate that Ward only 'just' made his choice at the end of this episode

But then again, it's writing team that has the guiding hand of Joss Whedon. Misdirection is always the name of the game. Just not as stupidly and blindly as Abrams does.

7. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I saw some article tonight where the writers or whoever said that Ward specifically got involved with May as she was the most obvious threat on the bus and thus he wanted to compromise her and he became Skye's SO and got close to her as she was an unknown.

But who knows.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Haven't read the interview yet (I think I know which one your taking about because it came across one of my RSS feeds, but haven't read it yet), and going by just the preview, but like you said, 'who knows?'

9. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    maybe its me but the whole Hydra reveal in the movie was better if they had revealed it in the episode before this at the very end. Would have made the movie fun.

Spoilers!

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They probably didn't know about it yet/it probably hadn't happened yet- at least not until the last couple scenes when they were more focused on securing prisoners/bases than recovering intel.

12. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    So was Hand actually good?

13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Yup

14. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    On the question of Hand:

Whedon: We needed both that reveal to break hearts, but also to have real consequences. Unfortunately, her character suffered the consequences.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Because lol puns- "Something about this whole situation doesn't SITWELL with me. "

16. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    And we get another special guest star for the season finale who looks to be more than just a cameo...
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/2...-enlists-another-special-guest-star#/slide/14

don't forget 'I'll give it my best shot Vic' :p

But I more meant he's made his profile into the Hydra insignia and it's all Hydra themed now.

17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I think it is possible that
    Ward is a triple agent. He was a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who was recruited by Garret, but opted to play the role of HYDRA mole. That's what he and Coulson were talking about. Thus it was a set up to find out Garret's real goal, something they wouldn't get with S.H.I.E.L.D. in disarray now. As to Hand, sure it seems like she's dead, but didn't Nick Fury just fake his death? There's even a reference to Fury being a hard man to kill, while the Bus was being shot up.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh damn! Called it!

I think this is the third time I have said "This is the best episode yet" so imo this means the show is getting better.

Bill Paxton's very casual "Hail Hydra" was funny.

I don't think Garret is the Clairvoyant and I don't think Ward is Hydra. Garret is the bad guy to be sure, but when Coulson talked to him while Garret was being walked away in slo-mo I bet Coulson was telling him to infiltrate. This of course would mean that Ward had to shoot 3 innocent SHIELD agents to get inside.

EDIT: Oops. Looks like I got beat to that theory. I just finished the episode and jumped to posting.

laurethiel1138 and Juliet316 like this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Wow what the heck...this last episode really left my head spinning. First this person's a traitor, then that person's a traitor...then at the very last moment...Ward?? Is this a Joss Whedon thing?

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's a Joss Whedon thing.

22. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm guessing the whole thing is going to be some elaborate death-faking plan. Either that or they're just going down this road whole hog.

23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's something. Oh, for those of you who have On Demand, you can watch "Assembling A Universe" until the 22nd.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Following on from Juliet's link above (which doesn't seem to work, but going to that site and then jumping to the Bear blog works), I'm digging the vlog entries he's done on the music for the show- outside of maybe the Main/Coulson Theme, the individual character themes really aren't all that noticeable on the show, so it's nice to have some of them highlighted here where they function better as stand-alone reference pieces.

(you have to dig through some of the BTS/vlog humor on occasion)

Pilot: Main Theme/Coulson's Theme

(supposedly a Centipede Theme was introduced here too but I don';t think it's in the video)

0-8-4/Agents Theme:

(supposedly a Skye Theme and tesseract Theme was introduced here too but I don't think it's in the video)

Eye-Spy/Akela Theme:

Girl in the Flower Dress:

FZZT/Fitz Simmons Theme

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The Hub/The Hub Theme:

Seems that is the last episode commentaryt by bear with video so far.

Juliet316 likes this.