main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Roger! I will be quite busy the next few days and will be gone til the 28th starting Friday but I will try to get a post up before I leave.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Sounds good Sith!

[​IMG]

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Bravo, all I can think of is the nurse in the infirmary. As for that though, I thought I would let Grey respond and me before giving the troopers response / next steps

4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Got 400th post!! :)

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
  6. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Indeed. Congrats on the honor I did know existed until you told me so ;)

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    The political crisis is coming to an end, at least on a planetary scale. Now the political game between Imperial Center and the CSA capital would start, which I have plans to cover later in posts via NPCs. So, we can let it fade away I guess...if you or I come up with a interesting way to make a Imperial governor important on a galactic politics stage, let me know. Although I have a feeling that the Governor will become more important once Hilick Soal leaves the planet's orbit...for certain reasons. ;)

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Already? Holy molly, I remember back in the old game when we reached a 1,000 and it was a big deal. But 400 already!!!!! We're rolling folks! :cool:

I'm always interested as to how the rest of the boards view our game? I know Intervention carried a mixed non-player following (sometimes we were viewed as a solid game, others viewed us as isolationists from the rest of the boards). I just wonder how Echoes is perceived? Is the second installment game received more widely or are we still considered "that game" (isolationist)? The rest of the Staff knows how busy I am outside of the boards, so while I don't intentionally try to avoid the rest of the RPF, I tend to have little choice in the matter where my board time is spent, so I know sometimes I may---personally---come off as a isolationist Game Master, although by all means I don't try to. DRL predicts that for me.

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So I hope ya all liked the twist I just added. Just when you all think its going to be easy sailing to finish up the prologue. Don't you hate GMs? :p

10. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    I think for the public opinion it's harder to truly gauge it with our small, but lovely, community. :p

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Bravo I do need an update for the Nurse. Please.

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I will get an update tomorrow night after work! :) I was going to get one in tonight, but I met up with a good brother in Christ for dinner that I haven't seen in over a year. So it was one of those special night things.

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, nice twist, Bravo.

People appearing out of thin air never gets old.

I must admit to being excited to be in a scenario with these guys, since the wiki link provided mentioned the Infiltrator's role in the Alliance' Operation Cobolt, and I was recently reading the mission prep and debrief for that mission in West End Games' Rebel Alliance Sourcebook while looking up basic aerial manoeuvres for the Luck's Gamble.

Its all I can do not to ask for autographs.

Dice test, to see if I can have it mid-post, instead of always at the end.

Blah blah blah

Blah blah blah

Blah blah blah

Mmm. Nope.

EDIT: I will be concentrating on doing the Luck's Gamble tag, next.

EDIT #2: greyjedi125, Ayres is not in the apartment. He is on the Luck's Gamble with Mary, taking potshots at AT-ATs.

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo

Natalie is deluding herself. That context, the situation and crisis inside the garrison, the stormtrooper did the right thing. I'd have done it too, except I didn't want to.

4!

We rolled a 4? During the tests, it was a big number, but when it mattered, we rolled a four?!

I couldn't take it. I had to walk away and cook myself something.

15. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Great post, Sith-I-5! Unfortunately, Sydney can't aim worth ****. Ha ha!

Suddenly all the news reports about concussion missiles slamming into the spaceport down below fill my head. Uh oh!

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Man, this is going to prove how some things are all about timing. If Jedi_padawan_leigh had used the available time to get her charges onto the provided bus and over to the shelter, Oshi'd be fine, but now, the spaceport she is standing in, is about to be by a frakkin' concussion missile, and there is not a damn thing I can do about it.

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I guess I now know Ayers' true location. Sorry about that folks, please ignore any mistakes on my last post. Thanks Sith.

[face_sigh]

18. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Sith-I-5 I'm working on a post right now, sorry for my sudden absence, I've been battling sudden health problems that have hit me like a ton of bricks . Faints, panic attacks and light-headedness to name a few. Havent really be able to get access to a computer in the mean time, I'm really sorry.

EDIT: Posted

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, just get yourself better, and use available bannisters and hand supports, Jedi_padawan_leigh. Panic attacks, et al are no laughing matters.

Bravo, hope the spaceport did not feature heavily in the future plot...

20. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Thanks Sith-I-5 I'm on the mend so fingers crossed I'm my old self soon

Woah..that spaceport update! So a merc missile hit the port first? If so, that's gonna need one heck of an incident report form for Lasso to fill.

Question, did Lefty survive the bus accident?

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, the concussive impact from a concussion missile, is, I understand, from the speed which with the warhead hits, so it makes sense that it would overtake the wide-arsed AT-AT on the way down.

Yep, Lefty survived. His armour might not stop blaster bolts, but it would have helped him here.

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    JPL, prayers on the way!

Sith, I don't know yet, I'll let you know once I read the post!

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Darth Maximums!!!!! :eek:

And wait......what just happened.....Luke....Lasso....what the!??

*goes to re-read! :p

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Vehn, Greyjedi has brought to my attention, something about "modifiers". I have no idea what this entails, but it sounds like I have probably made an error of some sort, and Ayres is not actually a **** aim.

I'm not sure where this leaves us.

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    My two cents is this.

1) Dice rolls are perfectly fine, as long as they only affect your personal IC character(s) alone and the surrounding environment.

2) Dice rolls are perfectly fine affecting other IC characters, as long as there is prior consent by the other player(s).

3) In my personal opinion, I like the occasional dice roll. It added a surprising twist to the ATAT that I didn't see coming at all and I liked it.