main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Journal of A Very Married Talon Tantiss [DDC 2014] 2014 Journal Is Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    EmeraldJediFire if the GA funds the Jedi then they should be beholden to them. Even if the Jedi are funded independently they still would realistically need GA approval to perform military or police duties within the GA territory. I guess they could work as private security. The way the Jedi worked in the EU was unrealistic.

2. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Perhaps, I don't recall the old order lifting a finger if the republic wasn't concerned with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Yay!! I love the setting up of the anniversary party for L/M down the line, there!! And I love Marcus. He's a kid and an awesome ruler! LOL I love Talon, have I mentioned that before??

4. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks ginchy, Revanfan1, Briannakin, Nyota's Heart, Falcon, earlybird-obi-wan, Hazel and EmeraldJediFire for reading and taking the time to review!

Entry 27

After lunch my mom took Zylie and Valla out shopping and then to the spa. Ben and I went to the gym with my father and Marcus. I miss going to the gym. Ben and I have a makeshift workout area on the Vazy Princess with a pull-up bar, suspension straps and elastic resistance bands that allow us to use our own body weight for strength training. We also do a series of plyometric exercises to build our cardio endurance. It is an effective workout regimen, but I still prefer free weights.

My dad was grinning as he piled weights onto the bench press bar. “I bet Marcus can outshine you two now.” He smirked as he glanced over to my son. “While you two have been drifting around in space, Prince Marcus and I have been having a spirited bench press competition.” He gave me a wink. “He can almost out-lift me.”

I looked over to my young son. He was eleven years old but was as tall as an average sized man and his tight compression shirt outlined his growing muscles. Despite my father’s claim, I really doubt any of us could get close to bench-pressing more than my father, especially Marcus. Dad might be getting up in age, but he was genetically altered to be a muscular giant and age has not changed that fact at all.

“Should we start at one-hundred kilos?” My dad slipped another plate on the bar and then locked down the safety collars.

My son slid onto the bench without hesitation and prepared to lift as my dad stood behind the bench to spot.

“Isn’t that a bit much for a boy?” Ben asked sounding worried.

Marcus made a derisive snort before he lifted the bar with ease and completed fifteen repetitions. My dad gave me a smug/proud look as my son set the bar back down on the rack. Marcus sat up and had an identical facial expression as my father. I have to admit I was impressed. Ben and I could do one hundred kilograms effortlessly enough, but usually prepubescent children don’t build muscle mass easily.

That got me wondering if Marcus had hit puberty already. I know I underwent the uncomfortable transformation starting at eleven or twelve. I will always remember that awful day when my mother came into my room to wake me up only to discover that I had tented my sheets. I woke from a deep sleep, looked down and realizing what happened I spun onto my stomach in a painful attempt to hide my embarrassing pubescent development. Mom quickly exited my room and she must have immediately informed my father because soon after that horribly awkward moment my dad entered my room to give me ‘the talk’.

Dad is a trained soldier and Jedi who stared down death more than once during combat missions, but on that day he was all nervous and fidgety. In all honesty, it looked like he was going to have an aneurism. He was all flushed and sweaty as he started to mumble something about explaining how babies are made. That was the last thing I wanted to hear from my father. He looked extremely relieved when I told him I learned about sex in school. I bet he still thinks I meant in a classroom environment. HA! (Valin had smuggled some of his granddad’s skin-holozines into the Temple).

I remember my dad had chuckled and said, “Good, because I would probably have wimped out and simply explained my conception. ‘When an evil dark Jedi falls in love with some genetic material from a disembodied hand of another Force-user, they get together in a cloning tube and make a baby clone’.’

Stang! I hope I don’t have to give Marcus ‘the talk’. I would assume his stepfather or his tutors would explain the facts of life to him. I really don’t want to be the one to discuss the benefits of abstinence and waiting until one is in a committed relationship before having sex…especially since he probably did a holonet search on my name and knows all of the racy and mostly false sexual rumors about me.

I was pulled out of my musings when Ben punched me in the shoulder. “You're zoning out on me.” He motioned to the weightlifting bench. “Your dad added another hundred kilos and wants to see if you can lift it.”

I grimaced. That was about twenty kilos above my best press. I think my father knew it because he went and laid down on the bench and asked me to spot him. I sighed knowing my dad could always out-lift me. This was going to be a painful workout.

When I finally dragged myself to my bedroom later that day I felt like I had been trampled by a herd of banthas. I promised myself that my next outing would be to the spa for a therapeutic massage. Girl's night out sounds much more relaxing than guy's night out.

Falcon and Revanfan1 like this.
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    HA! I can just see Mark trying to give "the talk". Great update

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Love the update. I am trying to imagine Talon giving 'the talk' and it doesn't go well. [face_laugh]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Zylie's all relaxed and Talon's all worn out from his guys-night. [face_laugh] Overall, the visit seems to be going well. :)

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    fun update with the exercises and 'the talk'

9. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001

Poor kid. That sounds very plausible for his situation and I would bet that Talon wishes he could help. And can’t, because of course he can hardly be seen around the palace in case someone notices the family resemblance. I liked the political issues that Marcus brought up. It’s interesting that he has some uncertainty about how Indupar relates to the GA and whether they can form their own Force-using order without stepping on toes. Thinking so far ahead at such an early age is impressive, but it makes me glad he at least has been able to see his grandparents. That’s a lot of responsibility and a lot of worry. I hope he does get this Indupar Jedi thing off the ground and it doesn’t crash and burn in some horrifying way (no Sun Crusher incidents.) It would be neat to see.

Someday, I want to find or make a family tree program that actually works for fanfic/science fiction/fantasy. One that allows for categories of relationship like “the guy who cloned this character from someone’s severed hand”, “evil twin from an alternate dimension”, “ghost of Sith Lord parent’s Jedi Master.” The normal stuff. ;)

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_rofl] I love Mark's version of 'the talk'. Marcus is growing up so quickly! And seems like he's a chip off his grandfather's block.

Nyota's Heart and Jedi_Lover like this.
  11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Haha!! Loved Mark's idea of 'the talk'.

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I was surprised that my children's school doesn't do sex education. I said to my sons' "I guess somebody should explain it to you. We should sit down and have a talk." Their eyes filled with panic. "You don't need to tell us! Please don't talk about sex!" :p

I am not sure if Talon is going to do that or not. I assume the royal tutors would cover biology.

Yeah, it is going well. I like having Mark and Talon back together.

Thanks for reading!

I think Luke in the profics did all that stupid stuff because he was rushing to get the Jedi back. In this AU he went slower. He started off searching for Jedi in Mark's Journal, but eventually he decided to concentrate on the handful of recruits he had and then brought them on to help teach others. It helped that the Temple was not on Yavin IV.
    That sounds like an interesting project. :p

I think most can argue that Marcus is the closest thing to a Gary Stu I have written. I just think a boy who learns he is not the rightful heir to the throne is more apt to try to endear himself to the populace. If he is like King Joffrey in Game of Thrones, everybody would want to oust him. It doesn't matter if it is near impossible in the Indupar culture to dethrone a sitting monarch. The people would find a way. If he ingratiates himself with his people he is less likely to be the target of assassins.

Mark would have chickened out, I know it. [face_laugh]

I should have an update up tonight.

Thanks for reading!

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Just a little mush.

ENTRY 28

I wanted to shower and fall into bed, but I knew if I did I'd wake up as stiff as a board. Instead I spent the next hour doing Echani stretching exercises in an effort to prevent the cramping of my overexerted muscles. I always found the Echani system of stretching far superior to anything else taught at the Temple. The Echani were near-humans from the planet Eshan. They were a warrior race that considered unarmed combat as an art form and a means of self-expression. There are few Echani Masters around, but I did learn the stretching exercises from an old instructional holovid.

While I was doing my stretches Zylie returned from her ‘girls’ night out’ looking happy and relaxed. She was carrying some shopping bags and I assumed her and Valla probably spent most of this month’s trading profits.

She smiled when she saw me doing the plow’i pose which is where I lay on my back with my arms at my side and then lift my feet off the floor and bring them back in an 180 degree angle over my head until my toes touch the ground. The end result is I am bent in half with my butt pointed at the ceiling. She put down her shopping bags and took the opportunity to grab my buttocks and make some suggestive remarks.

I flip back over so I was lying prone on the ground, still tired from my workout. She sat down next to me and smirked. “Did your elderly father beat you and Ben in every event in the gym?”

I rolled over to my side. “No, Ben can outdo us all when it comes to pull-ups, I beat everybody in the rope-battling exercises and Marcus is a champion wind sprinter.” I hesitated and gave her a sheepish look. “But with just about everything else dad surpassed us. Did you have fun with mom and Valla?”

She gave me a devastating smile. “It was fabulous. Your mom knows all the great places to shop and the spa was wonderful. You’re mom likes going there because they also do pedi and manicures, but I found out that if we just wanted to have a massage we could have stayed right here at the palace. She told me the Palace has a number of masseuses and masseurs available to guests. She said your father partakes in deep muscle massages and the masseuse comes right to his quarters.”

I chuckled. I had a hard time picturing my father as the massage type. “I may avail myself to that service. I haven’t been this sore in a long time.”

“My poor baby.” She leaned down and gave me a gentle kiss on the lips and then pulled back with a grimace. “Eww…you need a shower.” She stood and went to the ‘fresher. “I’ll run us a nice hot bubble bath. I need to wash off the massage oils from the spa. I smell like a wide assortment of organic flowers. It is supposed to be holistic and give off a euphoric aroma, but I think it smells like bad aftershave.”

I finished up my stretching routine and then joined Zylie. The Palace ‘freshers are huge with walk-in tubs big enough to hold six people if one was so inclined. Zylie was already in the bath with her elbows propped up on an interior shelf and her legs floating out in front of her. Through the bubbles I could get a tantalizing peak at her gorgeous body. I quickly shrugged off my gym clothes and joined her.

“I could get used to living like this.” She moved her foot out to touch my leg from where I sat across from her.

That comment encouraged me to bring up a subject that I was reluctant to discuss earlier. “When Marcus is crowned it may be possible to stay here. He said once he’s king it would be near impossible to oust him, even if his paternity is discovered.” I moved across the large tub until I sat next to Zylie, my body pressing against hers. “Would you like to settle down on Indupar and live? I could get a job organizing and training the Indupar Knights…or whatever he decides to call them.”

Deep down I was hoping she would say yes, but at the same time I knew it meant giving up her position in the family business. It would also necessitate me leaving the Jedi, just as my father did years ago.

Her eyebrows rose in surprise. “You’d leave the Jedi Knights?”

“Yes,” I said after a short pause. “It’s not like I am turning to the darkside and becoming Sith. I would be joining another group of Knights. The bad thing is I really doubt Ben would leave the Jedi to join us. You would be away from your sister and leave her with the duties of running the family business.”

She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “It’s tempting, but no…not now.” Zylie gave me an apologetic look. “Our parents spent so much money on that freighter just so we could stay together. I don’t want to abandon my sister and my family business right when we expanded.” She put her hand on my chest and gazed into my eyes. “I know how much your son means to you. Maybe we can work out a compromise. You can spend time with him while Valla and I do trade runs.”

I shook my head. “I don’t want to be away from you.” I reached around her waist and pulled her closer to me. “Hey, this is not something we have to decide now. Maybe sometime in the future settling down on a planet is something we can consider…when we have kids of our own.”

I could feel her shock through the Force. “You’re thinking of children already? I thought having a son might put that issue on the back burner.”

I nuzzled her neck. “I love my son, but I want children with you Zylie.” A disturbing thought hit me and I pulled away to look into her eyes. “You do want kids…don’t you?” I held my breath waiting for her answer while I mentally kicked myself for never seriously discussing this subject with her earlier.

“Of course I do.” She leaned in and kissed my lips gently. “I always knew how much family meant to you. You’re a big softly like your father.”

I smiled at the compliment. My father is the ultimate family man. It didn't surprise me at all when he came to Indupar to help train his grandson. “I’m not saying I want to have kids right now, but a couple years down the line…I would like to have the conversation.”

She smirked. “Until then can we practice the baby making process?”

I slow sensual smile split my face. “Oh, I would like that.”

And I did!

There’s an old saying, ‘Perfection comes with practice.’ We did a lot of practicing that night. When it’s time to make children I’ll be ready.

Falcon, Revanfan1 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Dawww that was a very mushy post :)

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    perfect mush and fun with the Echani exercises and talk about settling and children

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved the joint bubble bath :) And the serious talk. I can understand both Talon's wish to settle down on Indupar and also Zylie's desire to be part of the family business for a bit longer. Happy they both want kids together. :D

SQUEElicious line:

There’s an old saying, ‘Perfection comes with practice.’ We did a lot of practicing that night. When it’s time to make children I’ll be ready. Yowsa! [face_dancing]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
  18. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Very mushy post [face_love]

nicely done :)

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks. They're newlyweds, so I figure they will be all sappy for a few more years.

Thanks. I think the Tantiss men like having kids. In fact they all have children at this time.

Thanks! The freighter cost a ton of money and the business expanded. I think Zylie would feel obligated to stay for a while.

Thanks!

Thank you. I'm glad you like it.

Thanks everybody for reading this diary challenge! [:D]

Entry 29

Marcus wanted to show off his Jedi fighting skills so the next day he arranged for everybody to watch one of his training sessions. We all took seats in the observation bleachers of the training room where Marcus would spar with my father. He wanted to use the real lightsabers, but Zylie said she would be too nervous to watch if he did...so he grudgingly agreed to utilize the practice weapons.

My dad and son were both wearing loosing fitting sweatpants and tight compression shirts. They faced each other on the padded floor of the sparring chamber with deactivated practice lightsabers held loosely in hand. My father quickly ignited his saber and made a high arcing swing targeting the top of Marcus’ head. I shivered as I remembered the first time I saw that move. I was on my first Jedi combat mission with my father when he cleaved a terrorist in half—head to groin—with one swipe of his lightsaber. Of course this wouldn’t happen with a practice saber, but a strike to the head would hurt immensely and give Marcus a wicked headache for days. Fortunately the boy activated the bluish blade of his practice saber and blocked my father’s attack before parrying with a strike of his own.

As they fenced it was apparent that my dad had a distinct advantage when it came to height and reach. Marcus was very tall for his age, standing over 1.7 meters in height, but he was dwarfed by my father’s 2.15-meter stature. My dad easily had a twenty-centimeter reach advantage over my son. Still, I must say I was thoroughly impressed with my boy’s performance. He had been studying with my father for a little over two years but he fought like a fourth year Jedi apprentice. After about fifteen minutes of sparing my father signaled for a cease of hostilities. They put away the sabers and I thought the performance was over, but they had only just begun. My dad looked at me and said, “Let me show you what we have learned from the Teräs Käsi trainer."

I knew they had brought in a martial arts champion from Corellia to train them in the art of Teräs Käsi, which translates to Steel Hands in Basic. It is an unarmed, hand-to-hand combat discipline. The two donned gloves to cushion the knuckles, a padded helmet, along with foot, chest and groin protection. As my giant of a father circled around my son I started to get nervous. Practice sabers were one thing, but there is no way my much smaller son could match my father’s brute strength.

The two stood across from each other and then without a spoken command they moved into a fighting stance. My dad attacked first, moving faster than I thought possible for an old man. He threw a right jab at my son’s head which Marcus deflected with an open hand block and then followed up with a spinning back fist that my father narrowly avoided. The two exchanged a number of kicks and punches making Zylie and Valla cringe at every attack. My son had a flair for the spinning kicks with half or full body rotation. My father, with his height advantage liked to target Marcus’ head either with a crescent or hook kick. Most of their unarmed attacks were avoided but a few landed true and only the padding of the combatants’ protective gear prevented serious injury.

My father let loose a combination of kicks that drove Marcus back leaving the boy out of breath and flushed from exertion. He then performed a powerful roundhouse kick aimed at my son’s head. The boy quickly ducked down low and got in as close as possible to my dad, avoiding the kick and taking away his reach advantage. My dad bent over to grab Marcus, but before he could get his hands on him Marcus slammed his fist into my dad’s padded groin protection…hard.

“Ohhh,” I groaned and both Ben and I instinctively brought our hands over our crotches in a subconscious gesture of commiseration. That had to hurt.

Marcus scurried away and circled around to attack my father from behind, but it wasn’t necessary. My dad was already on his knees, cradling his groin in his hands while he tried to catch his breath. “I hate it when you do that.” He managed to croak out.

Marcus went over to my dad and helped him onto his feet. “You’re the one who told me that I would have to get close, attack quickly and hit hard in order to beat a larger opponent.”

My dad took a couple deep breaths. “I didn’t say to punch me in the family jewels every time.”

“If you know I’m going there, I would think you would protect yourself better.” Marcus turned to an aide standing in the corner of the room. “Get some ice for Master Tantiss.” The man gave a quick nod and ran to a first aid kit and returned with a chemical ice bag. He activated it and handed it to my father who shoved it down his trousers.

“Aren’t you wearing a cup?” Marcus asked looking concerned and guilty over hurting his grandfather.

“Yes,” my dad said through clenched teeth. “But during all those kicks it shifted and when you punched me…things got pinched.”

Marcus’ eyes went wide and he brought a hand up covering his mouth. I wasn’t sure if he was masking a gasp of horror or a chuckle at my father’s misfortune. “Sorry.”

“I’m getting too old for this. Why don’t you fight Talon or Ben?”

“No thanks,” I said quickly. “I’m still in the Honeymoon phase of my marriage and I don’t need anything pinched off.” That comment got a chuckle from Ben and the ladies.

Valla reached over and kissed Ben. “I concur. I think the Grand Master would like grandchildren in the future.”

Ben blushed but remained silent. I am sure Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara will soon start nagging Ben about grandkids. Ha!

My mother ran up to my father and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Come to our quarters. I think I have something to make you feel better.”

I gave an involuntary shudder. I sure hope mom is talking about a bacta patch, but by the besotted grin on my father’s face I doubt that’s what she had in mind. Zylie leaned into my side and whispered in my ear. “I hope we are that much in love when we are their age.” That put a smile on my face.

“I hope so too,” I said softly before giving her a gentle kiss on the lips.

“Oh stop it,” Marcus complained. “It’s bad enough that I have to watch your parents act like that all the time.”

I chuckled. “One day you’ll find a girl and it’ll be your mother admonishing you for your public displays of affection.”

The Prince removed his helmet and gave me a sad smile. “I have to find a girl first. The Queen keeps me on a tight leash. I sometimes fantasize about changing into commoner’s clothing and sneaking out of the palace to play with regular children.”

I shook my head. “Don’t do that. You’ll give your mother a heart attack.”

He pulled off his gloves and protective gear and threw them on the ground. An aide in a blue palace uniform ran up and retrieved the gear almost immediately. Marcus sighed deeply. “Right now security on me is high. When I become King I won’t be able to go to the ‘fresher without a royal escort.”

I laughed at the imagery. “Hopefully it won’t be that bad.”

“Yeah,” Marcus said sarcastically. “We can all hope.” He looked down at his sweat-drenched shirt. “I need to clean up. If you need anything just ask any guard or porter, they will be able to assist you.” He turned to Valla and Zylie and gave them a slight bow. “Ladies.” He then spun on a heel and walked out of the training room with guards following in step behind him.

I never thought I would feel sorry for a pampered prince, but I do. I wouldn’t want people following me around all my life.

Maybe when he becomes king things won’t be as bad as he imagined…maybe.

Falcon likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Ouch...poor Mark!

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes ouch for Mark and royals (and leaders like presidents) are living a difficult life.
    Action packed update with fun

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ouch. I would never do that to my grandfather! I'm sorry, I personally think that was a nasty thing to do on Marcus' part.

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, I agree. That was fun and humorous on the one hand but Marcus' plight is definitely a mixed blessing. :p

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I doubt your grandfather is a giant that would try to kick your head off. :p Before I wrote this I researched the best ways to fight a person who is much bigger than you. It recommended getting in close and attacking the eyes, throat or groin. It is important to do a disabling blow because you are in danger of getting snatched up and put into a submission hold. So get in fast, hit hard and get out. Since the eyes and throat were unprotected Marcus would avoid those attacks because he truly could hurt Mark. He decided to go for the groin because Mark should be wearing a cup and then over that would be chest and groin padding. Theoretically you could punch someone there and not hurt them. When I trained in Taekwando I discovered my male counterparts would avoid wearing a protective cup because it would shift too much and they didn't want to get things pinched. I found this out because I had a bad habit of kicking them in the groin since most of them were over a foot taller than me and in Taekwondo you can only kick to the torso or head, not the thighs, knees or shins. I would try to kick the person's chest or stomach and often fall short. :p It truly was done accidentally.

25. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    awesome. I wish I could write fighting scenes like that...even if its just sparring; the groin shot had me cringing. But I loved the overall banter between mark and marcus

Revanfan1 likes this.