main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    You did not agree with EF!!!

2. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I want to see more of this.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Inty -- if you could, for future arguments, could you let me know what you actually think a primary magic-using character would do to Dane in particular, when no direct spells would have any effect on him?

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i pretty much see things the same way as inty, for the same reasons.

for parasite, i just don't know what war machine is going to do to hurt him that isn't going to just... basically feed him.

5. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I think my work is done here.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'll get you more on this, for sure. Just not when I'm between my fifth and sixth conference call for the day.

Can someone post matches?

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Match Day Four

Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) (1) vs.Riders of the Storm (heels) (3)
    Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim) (3) vs. The Replacement Killers (dp4m) (1)
    Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi) (3) vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch) (1)
    The Marvel Mashers (DLotE) (1) vs.Poor Communication Kills (EF) (3)
    Born Ready (whiteeagle) (2) vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1) (2)

Starting Point: Main Lobby, First Floor

[​IMG]

How about lucky number 7 and a good old FORE!

Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) vs.Riders of the Storm (heels)

Superboy / Red Devil vs. Holocaust
    Xavin / Hulkling vs. Mandarin

Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim) vs. The Replacement Killers (dp4m)

Geo-Force (forfeit) vs. MODOK (Prep)
    Skaar vs. Ares

Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi)vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch)

Sebastian Shaw vs. Deadpool/Taskmaster (forfeit)
    Ghost Rider vs. Ms. Marvel

The Marvel Mashers (DLotE) vs.Poor Communication Kills (EF)

Cyclops/Jean Grey vs. Hellstorm
    Atlas trumped with Human Torch vs. Metamorpho (prepared)

Born Ready (whiteeagle)vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)

Noh-Varr vs. Gorilla Grodd (prepared)
    Storm/Iceman vs. Maxima

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It's 3 - 1 Chimmers, not 2 - 1, I believe.

EDIT: PS, I'll trade you an OSU championship to reverse my matches?

9. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    In this case, it's not that I see a magic-user hurting Dane. It's that the way I'm viewing descriptions and scans, I don'tsee post AvX Illyana as a magic-user. The way I'm reading it (and, if I'm reading it wrong and you or someone else wants to show me good proof, I can look at that match again) is that she's now able to funnel her connection with Limbo into pure energy projections - not wholly magical in nature. She's not casting a spell, she's funneling energy and using it.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Um, I don't think I've seen a single entry for her with an update to her powers that way. It's all still listed as magic. The only additional non-magical ability she has is a near-immunity to TP.

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I always read it as magic as well. Although I hadn't really begun to research that match.

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm quoting a summary here, emphasis mine

Magik has undergone an upgrade. She has been shown to be able to conjure and project powerful blasts of energy from her Limbo dimension as an extension of her powers rather than her magic.

Again, haven't read AvX, so relying on trusted summary sites

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I'll get some good stuff up for the Ghost Rider vs. Ms. Marvel match later today.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

That's even worse, since the Ebony Blade would then reflect the beams (zee: Zeus scan) rather than absorb... :p

Also, re: Ares v Skaar: they've already tussled. Skaar is like Khan -- "intelligent but not experienced"...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Those scans are nice but they don't show much of anything. Plus you forgot to post the scan where Skaar ends the fight.

I hadn't asked before but does Skaar have his Old-Strong powers for the draft? I think it was taken from him by SS to keep him under control but I am not sure currently.Also unsure what his peak is considered. He knocked Juggernaut into space. I'm not sure if that is a good feat anymore since several people seem to be doing it now. Still pretty impressive strength feat for Skaar methinks.

Judges, friends my compatriots?

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I don't know about the oldpower, but I read the Juggs issue although it was awhile ago and I can't recall EXACTLY how he did it but it was more due to brains than brawns. He did, IIRC, prove he could tangle with Juggs at least for awhile before that.

17. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    He used his old power to do that to juggernaut.

I would assume that he should get the old power in this draft, he still has it in comics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Leans, why not?

Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) vs.Riders of the Storm (heels)

Superboy / Red Devil vs. Holocaust
    Holocaust. Don't even bother.

Xavin / Hulkling vs. Mandarin
    Probably Mandarin

Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim) vs. The Replacement Killers (dp4m)

Geo-Force (forfeit) vs. MODOK (Prep)
    Skaar vs. Ares
    Skaar. I just don't get the Ares-love although I would've voted him over Ms. Marvel.

Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi)vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch)

Sebastian Shaw vs. Deadpool/Taskmaster (forfeit)

Speaking of which... Ghost Rider

The Marvel Mashers (DLotE) vs.Poor Communication Kills (EF)

Cyclops/Jean Grey vs. Hellstorm
    Probably Hellstorm? Iono, Jean has some power.

Atlas trumped with Human Torch vs. Metamorpho (prepared)
    Kind of leaning Metamorpho here. Kind of. Atlas will be hard to beat. But it will be hard for Atlas to beat him too...

Born Ready (whiteeagle)vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)

Noh-Varr vs. Gorilla Grodd (prepared)
    Grodd

Storm/Iceman vs. Maxima
    Leaning Maxima, but Storm has impressive TP resistance and good offensive power. She would probably need Iceman to help though, and I'm not sure he'd be able to with the TP and such.

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012

I said I'd get something good up for this battle, but I thought about it, and it seems quite straight forward to me. I've been watching season two of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes recently. She's cool and quite powerful, one of the most powerful on the team actually, but her power isn't near what Ghost Rider is capable of. This is the guy who got destroyed by the Hulk, then came back to life even stronger. He just doesn't die. Ms. Marvel could try blasting him and doing all that, but it's not really gonna hurt him, as he's been able to withstand much worse. She's fast, so might be able to dodge some of his hell fire, although even Thor hasn't been able to dodge it before. Then there's his penance stare, which could make this fight end quite quickly.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The Ares love is he's a Greek god (which is a whole other deal than Asgardians) who is a master of all fighting forms ever invented and just under the top-tier strength guys (Hercules is the only Greek pantheon stronger than he is, though if prepped that's taken care of too)? And he's got an adamantium axe by default?

PS - he is also explicitly not susceptible to gas!

21. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Everyone is susceptible to gas. Just got done watching The Avengers before work, now I am all amped up to go save the world. Or cook peoples food, whatever comes first.

22. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Seen Cap 2 yet? It's pretty sweet. Did something I've never (to my knowledge) done before. Watched a movie in theatres (Cap) and then watched a movie at someone's house (Frozen).

Let it go has been in my head since I've watched it, and I've listened to 3 different versions.

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the best movie ever, even better than The Avengers. I'm not the only one to say that, as the critics have too. I'm really looking forward to Spider-Man, X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy, they all look great.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Don't know if this will sway any judges, but more in the realm of "comp fights" and the fact that Ares is way more experienced...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Stalemating? He whooped that arse.