main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY SWN14 Rehearsals

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Wild Sidewalker, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    The list of dueling Jedi and Sith at the top of this thread has just been updated. Please check the list and try to start partnering up

quigonschuel likes this.
  2. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    We are still on for this Saturday evening (4/12) at Holy Ghost, yes?

3. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Yes, dueling practice is the Saturday, 6 - 9, at Holy Ghost School. We have two extras, the Fairchilds, who will be in attendance so if anyone has an extra lightsaber (Jedi or Sith) they are willing to let them use to train with if not also use in the show it would be appreciated if you would bring it this Saturday.

4. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm working on the 12th and 26th of April, 10th, and 24th of May so far...

5. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    Don't forget to list me as a Sith :)

6. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Really? So noted.

7. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Please note that if you participated in any way for filming on Saturday or intend to be in the live show, I will bring a copy of the cast and crew list for the credits to rehearsals; it is the responsibility of people to check that they are given credit for what they did or will do and that their name is spelled as they wish it to appear.

8. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    S

Should we post it here or somewhere else?

9. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    I'd rather not post a potentially error filled document here. If someone had a role and won't be coming to any rehearsals for the live show, please message me with what you've done and will do for SWN14 along with how you want your name spelled.

10. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    How are you planning to write the credits? I believe we just had our names listed last time without, for ex., BPS 'as Luke Skywalker'. Correct me if I'm wrong. This would include everyone who participated without singling anyone particular character. Listing people with SW characters would make the list very large and potentially unwieldy. Also, do we actually know what us 'tertiary characters' are doing in the live show? That has often been changeable at the last minute due to out of towners being worked into the event.
    Just my 2 cents.

11. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm sure you watch movies, but I don't know if you ever sat through all of the credits at the end; they are "unwieldy". They are exhaustive and long because they give credit where credit is due.

For out-of-towners, repeat performers will get credit anticipating their reliability and new out-of-towners will get a "generic" credit in the "special thanks" section. As to how things could change from what was planned to what actually occurs after the film credits have been set to disc, that's life.

I didn't see a credits listing the last two years; I'm told they haven't been done but I've done no personal research to confirm or disprove that. Regardless of how credits have or haven't been done in the past, I think we should still create credits as is traditional for performance works such as this and, again, it is important to give credit where credit is due.

12. Lee Solara

Lee Solara North Ridge Secretary star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    I'm hoping this is not to late. I have all of the items I was looking for to put together a generic sixth costume. I just need to do some sewing. I would love to have the opportunity to battle on the field , if there is a need for me. I learn quickly. I am able to make almost all of the practice times.

13. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    . We did have credits 4 years ago on who played what characters and had a program with cast listed as well as rolling credits on screen at end of year although the last 3 years there were no credits listed of who played what characters. Although there has been many non north ridge people that have asked who was playing what character.

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  14. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Me and the boys will be there this Saturday, albeit a little late. William will be finishing up his confirmation retreat Sat. afternoon at about 5:30p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. CapturedJedi

CapturedJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 12, 2011
    Unavailable this Sat so Biz just work on the dbl kick, manatee roll,five for fighting and drunkenmaster technique.

16. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    I will try to be there Saturday, if I can make it, I will be pretty late as well - working until 6:45, and it takes about 45 minutes to get there from work.

17. Lee Solara

Lee Solara North Ridge Secretary star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    I would like to come to the rehearsal on Saturday. I do not have a saber yet, but am in the process of ordering parts. What can I bring to practice with? Will a collapsible toy saber work until I have mine done? Or something else. Thank you.

18. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Never fear....Steve's lightsaber rental is at your service if people need a saber to use

19. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    I ask that anyone who has spare lightsabers they are willing to allow others to borrow to please bring them Saturday. Thank you!

20. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    As my Consular is still being attended to by Dr. Duffie, this would be greatly appreciated!

21. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I should be able to attend this Saturday. I will have a 10 month old in tow, however, so perhaps I should mainly come as a second set of eyes for those who would like them as well as work on choosing a partner.

I will also state that I will not be in attendance on 5/12, or 5/26. The 26th is Carly's first birthday party, and we will likely still be hosting family by rehearsal time.

22. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    Is that Steve's "Rent-A-Wrecker" saber supply?

23. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I finally received parts for Jonathan's saber, however, I was down and out sick for the past two days. I plan on working on his and your sabers tonight to have them ready for tomorrow.

24. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Last minute change of plans.
    One or both of us will be at rehearsal. Norma committed elsewhere, so we'll study for her since she will be fighting one or both of us.

25. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2012
    Starting April 26th I will be able to go to each and every rehearsal.