main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Believe whatever you want to believe.
    Those boys were treacherous but none of them could create life. Well Palpy did keep his spirit alive for DE so who knows?

2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Let's not bring logic into this thread.:p

purplerain and Darth_Downunder like this.
  3. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Please, you can't compare random names of planets to something as intriguing as "witches" or the "Nightsisters". No way you can drop those names without further explanation. That would be like dropping the term "midichlorians" into TPM without any further exposition about them.

Imagine that: "He has the highest concentration of midichlorians I've seen in a lifeform. It's possible he was conceived by them".

...& then no other mention. Audiences would be thinking "Wtf?" for the rest of the film.

4. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Everyone's reason for not liking something is always "The audience would be confused", In all honesty they probably wouldn't care. No one knew what jedi were, clone wars, Who darth vader was and many other things when ANH came out. Did people leave the theater outraged "I cant follow this plot!!"? nah. And im sure most still don't know what midichlorians are nor care. But i hope witches don't have much of a role, I find them extremely boring.

5. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Do you find Naga Sadow's sorcery interesting?

6. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Ancient sith stuff always interest me, Just something about talzin and the night sisters i don't like.

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    You didn't like Kruge?

8. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Ben did explain what the Jedi were & it was explored on screen. Vader was a character that we could observe. TCW was some "old war" in the past. Midichlorians were explained to Anakin being a proxy to the audience.
    The point is you can't name drop something as out there & strange in a new SW film as "witches" or Nightsisters without offering at least a similar explanation to the audience. For us fans it would be fine. To the average moviegoer it may frustrate & make them wonder if there was a movie in between that they missed.

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The Nightsisters were wiped out and should remain so. Even if Talzin or Asajj returned to Dathomir to restore their order, I can't imagine that they wouldn't be hunted down and killed by the Empire, anyway.

10. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    It's already been shown in the Star Wars saga that the reason for a war to be fought can be manipulated by someone with an agenda of their own. If that agenda were simply destruction, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for the perpetrator to once again stir up some justification for the parties involved to go into battle.

Dra--- likes this.
  11. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Whatever the case, I'm all for ancient Sith and their powers, whether it be the Corsair, amulets, and/or Sithspawn.
    Massassi!

Dra--- likes this.
  12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Also a nice possibility, even though I would like the villains to work together, form a rather unstable alliance.
    Unity gives strength and strength makes for a credible threat.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  13. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    Why can't the Nightsisters be "explained" or "explored on screen" or include "a character that we could observe" or be "explained ... to the audience" like in all these examples? With the proper storytelling, any and all of these can be done equally as quickly.

That said, though, I'd rather not see the Nightsisters in the ST. I don't know who I'm pulling for as the villain, but I'm willing to wait and see, and reserve judgment for when I do.

T-R- and Dra--- like this.
  14. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    I do believe that in TCW the night sister mother Talzin was defeated by Mace Windu or Ja Ja Binks lol but she was not killed. She could play a role along with Darth Maul who also lived come out in ST or Rebels most likely we shall see.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  15. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    I hope they kill off Darth Maul in Rebels and don't leave his fate open. It was bad enough that they brought him back. That's the only part of TCW I dislike thus far otherwise the rest is awesome. Hopefully the Inquisitor or Darth Vader give him a permanent dirt nap.

16. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    Yea I was not a big fan of Maul coming back but his story in TCW was not bad but Palpatine did leave him to use him later. I can only imagine he would be in Rebels and killed off there.

17. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I understood that. My reply was to Downunder's post as well. I just thought I'd include you in the fun....:cool:

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Keep in mind that when the apprentice kills the master, the apprentice replaces the master as the ultimate evil. Otherwise whoever started the Hundred-Year Darkness would be the ultimate evil.

19. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Absolutely, they can be. Just that some people seemed to think that they can just be mentioned & it can be assumed the audience will know about them already.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  20. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I don't think anybody thinks that. Only that it isn't difficult to catch the audience up on something that some of them already know about. Unless you're talking about the entirety of the EU, but that's a topic for another thread.

Dra---, Darth PJ, RobShanti and 2 others like this.
  21. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I agree - virtually anything can be explained within context. If the Nightsisters, or similar, were to appear... then I assume the writers would just provide some exposition as to their delineation from Sith and their general purpose/objective within the ST etc.

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

23. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I think I've discovered who the baddie will be....

[​IMG]

T-R-, Mystery Roach and Darkslayer like this.
  24. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I love the idea of the ghosts of Yoda and Palpatine giving opposite advice.

25. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Is it possible that Plagueis can reassemble the atoms that his body is made of?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.