main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darthfettus2015, Aug 20, 2013.

1. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Well, no, of course it didn't, but that wasn't my point. My point was that it has been either a major location in 5 of the 6 movies, and no one should be surprised that VII will return there.

2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    surprised and happy are two different feelings

3. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    Agreed. JJ and Disney are gonna pump the nostalgia hose. I'm guessing we'll be seeing the Cantina as well!

4. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    "Do you serve droids now, Wuher?"

5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Tatooine became more and more disappointing over time. It is a heavily featured planet, but without any depth. Pretty much all the beings on it are either good or evil and there are no shades of gray whatsoever. Furthermore, the planet never really changes.

Going there would probably be some waste of time especially if Abrams is only going there to ride the nostalgia horse.

I only want to see Tatooine if they made something more out of it, like the farmers taking charge after Jabba's death and civilizing it, for example. I also liked when in KotoR Czerka corporation took over as that created a new dynamic on this godforsaken sandhole.

Darth Punk likes this.
  6. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    As long as we finally see a Krayt Dragon, I'll be a happy camper.

7. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I believe Luke lives there now. As far as Tatooine, I'm pretty sure we'll see it yet again in the final film of this trilogy. It would be cool to see Luke serving some blue milk to his guests as an old man living on the Lars Homestead talking about the good old days with Biggs.

Now, you can probably guarantee we'll see the forrest moon of Endor as well. Why you may ask? For one, it's location is really close to Hollywood. But, I think the reason may be that something important crashed landed on Endor from the destroyed Death Star, and the villain wants to find it. Just a hunch, who knows?

Would you be upset, if we had to see the Ewoks again? Perhaps in Episode VIII

Planets we'll most likely see again throughout this trilogy.

Cloud City (set)
    Forrest moon of Endor (California)
    Dagobah (set)
    Coruscant (set)

Hoth being the only exception, they won't go there again.

8. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    No kidding. I always thought we'd get our chance with the prequels. A shame

9. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    reminds me of Bayformers

10. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I would love to see a Krayt Dragon as well, I hope they do it. They need some big creatures like the Rancor in ROTJ.

I would love to see another Rancor too.

11. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    How about a Terentatek?

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A flying Rancor!

purplerain likes this.
  13. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    No shades of gray? Han? Even Watto the slave owner is presented as a pretty gray character I'd say. There's lots of potential for gray on Tatooine.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Han wasn't a good character before he helped the rebels. He was a spice smuggler, remember? Of course he later turned around, but before he was just common scum, something that was even overlooked by GL when he made Greedo shoot first.

I would agree however that Tatooine has potential for depth, just that nobody ever did anything with that.

15. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Han was the very definition of a gray character. You said either good or evil and he most certainly wasn't evil.

16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Okay, fair enough, I guess he can count as a gray character. Even if ANH made a point that he was a really selfish person who only cares about reward.

Still, aside from him the black and white categories are still there (Watto sure doesn't count as gray).

How would you want to see Tatooine? The same place we visited the last couple times or different?

17. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Watto was more evil than Han, but he was still made to be vaguely sympathetic and even likable in an odd way.

I'd say some of both. Of the places to revisit, Jabba's (Rotta's?) palace would probably be at the top of my list, but I wouldn't mind exploring some other areas of the planet as well. As far as what I think they'll revisit though, nothing much would surprise me.

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Well, I think Tatooine has gotten more uninteresting with each visit. It was really cool and mysterious in ANH, then okay in ROTJ and it went downhill from there. Everything shown later just further (and needlessly) emphasized that it was a hellhole. Like when we were shown there were slaves, it wasn't really a surprise but pretty predictable. As was the Tusken torture of Anakin's mom. It's mystifying why the farmers don't organize themselves. But as they don't seem to give a ****, why should I?

19. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Hmm have I got enough time to make a tatooine evil-o-meter app. I hope zukerberg is still paying silly money for software companies in Dec 2015

20. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Mom, Dad, I'm moving to Tatooine to become a sand farmer. That right, there's big money in sand these days and that's where I'm going to make my fortune.

Lurknomore likes this.
  21. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i hope they at least show us something very different.

Lurknomore and Darth_Pevra like this.
  22. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I hope they film Tatooine in black and white

23. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It's not the time to abandon Tatooine, and since Mr. Lucas decided to make it home base I think it important that the ST return to it, too. As a sequel it has a great chance of being interesting. As interesting as the OT and PT. It seems it may have been difficult choices for GL in the PT as he needed Anakin to stay there and "not gotten involved". And I really get the impression that GL felt a great need to contrive something more than "that's your Uncle talking" to keep Anakin on the planet. Therefore, the slave and the device inside the body that explodes if you try to escape. That's pretty damn extreme. It's funny when you think about earlier impressions based on the viewing and limited knowledge from viewing ANH. I imagined Anakin was more like Biggs who had a falling out with his brother about the war and left the family farm. Their parents perhaps passed. And did anyone think that the good guys were fighting the clones and not with them? The Droid War would have been more apropos in hindsight. Although, the French and the Native Americans fought together and not against in the French and Indian War.:p Talk about a "certain point of view". Where are the British in that title? I guess they had the privilege of naming it here in the States, since the Seven Years' War was claimed by the other combatants.....rambling....[face_tired]

Dra--- and thejeditraitor like this.
  24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Do you know why TESB is considered the best Star Wars movie by some? It's because they didn't rehash anything from the previous films, and that includes not visiting the same places.

I'm sick of Tatooine now. They should visit newer worlds and stop making the Galaxy feel like a freakin solar system.

25. Maul95

Maul95 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2013
    I don't want to see too much Tatooine either, it's been really overused not only in the films but in the EU aswell.