main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    What is your name? What is your quest? What...is your favorite color?

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    What SW couple do you like the best? ;)

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    What elements must a story have for you to really enjoy it or find it worthy of your time? Do you have a genre you are most drawn to write in? If so, why is that?

4. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Fernando. To determine if either an African or European swallow could actually fly while carrying a coconut. Green.

A nerfherder and a princess should never be compatible, but they just work for me. :D

The most important elements are the most basic: good plot, spelling/grammar, interesting characters, etc. I could find a story about a wooden chair in a white room interesting if the writer pays attention to the basics of storytelling.

I tend to write in the drama genre with an emphasis on slice of life glimpses into characters' lives, and most of my fiction has some kind of supernatural/mystical theme interwoven into the story. Drama is my preferred genre because that has the most narrative potential. Slice of life glimpses are a compact but incisive method for understanding a character. The supernatural/mysticism element comes from my long-standing interest in those areas.

Ewok Poet, Goodwood and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What pastime do you find most relaxing?

6. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Coke or Pepsi?

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Where do you most like to go out to eat?

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Or Dr. Pepper? ;)

Findswoman likes this.
  9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

Or even RC? :D

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, Random Comments [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

11. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    Listening to music, unless I get inspired by something and then have to go write down the idea and there goes my relaxation.

Pepsi when I was a kid, Coke in my later years. Although the old school Pepsi with the sugar cane flavoring is still nice to have on occasion.

I do like RC, but Dr. Pepper does weird things to my stomach, which already has its own share of weird problems. :p

Any Italian restaurant that isn't Olive Garden or the Macaroni Grill. There aren't too many places like that around the city anymore, except Little Italy. The closest place to me isn't an Italian restaurant in particular, but does make incredible cheese ravioli.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  12. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    What do you think about crossover fiction?

13. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    I'm for it, but only if the fandoms being crossed complement each other. For example, crossing Tron with Harry Potter just cannot work for me because there are too many differences between the universes to make a convincing crossover. (This is just a random example). The best crossover fics I ever read were short pieces where Han and Kara Thrace have a one-night stand. Shoehorning the BSG universe into the GFFA kind of comes off a bit not-terribly-convincing, but the pairing of Han and Kara worked perfectly because they are similar characters with complementary backgrounds and personalities that makes the crossover scenario believable.

The fics I'm referring to are the following: Five Reasons Why Han Quit the Academy and its counterpart, written as a response/remix to the original: Four Ways to Survive a New World. Both pieces are rated "R", in case that might be a concern.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Would you be willing to jump out of a perfectly good airplane (skydiving)?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Are you an only child, and if not, which (first, middle, youngest)?

16. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    If you could meet one historical figure, talk with him/her for a day, who would it be and why?

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  17. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    No, because I suffer from, as it was called in an old Warner Brothers cartoon, "heightrophobia".

I'm technically the youngest of my father's four children, but also could be considered an only child since I'm the sole offspring of my father's second marriage.

I really can't choose one person. I have too many historical interests that would make a choice of one person just awful.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  18. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Which five historical persons would you most want to spend a day and have dinner with?

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Whic time & place historically are you most interested in, and why?

20. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Related to Goodwood's and JediMaster_Jen's questions above: any deceased family members you wish you could meet?

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite style of music & band/artist?

22. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    Fine, choices shall be made (tough crowd around here ;)):

1. James Moody, Titanic's Sixth Officer
    2. Jack Phillips, Titanic's Senior Wireless Operator
    3. Harold Bride, Titanic's Junior Wireless Operator
    4. George Mallory, early Mount Everest climber
    5. Andrew "Sandy" Irvine, another early Mount Everest climber

Probably during the 1920;s in Paris, because of the burgeoning literary scene that was going on during that period of time.

I'm curious about my great-grandmother on my mother's side. She died in 1961 and was half-German, half-Dutch and came over to the US with her parents around the age of 10. We've tried looking on Ancestry.com to find *anything* about her, but have only come up with the basics.

I'd like to ask some of the maternal relatives about their choices of first names. There were some...interesting choices we've come across (Gillie, Leona, etc.).

Current favorite: electronic music. Favorite artists include the Pet Shop Boys, Steely Dan, Billy Joel, Talking Heads, Madonna, Miles Davis.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  23. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Is this the right room for an argument?

24. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    I told you once.

In the vein of this particular sketch, may I present this Star Wars/Monty Python mashup?

Ewok Poet and Goodwood like this.
  25. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Returning to serious questions (btw I'm also highly interested in the Titanic)... ;)

What hitherto unexplored/underexplored era of the Expanded Universe would you most like to see covered, and how?

leiamoody and Nyota's Heart like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.