main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    so in Corran Horn news, this happened.

[​IMG]

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I hate you.

Point Given and RC-1991 like this.
  3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    darthscott3457 likes this.
  5. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Well... not an official sequel, as I believe EA still has the copyright.

Of course, the irony is that Alpha Centauri was made by Sid Meier at a strange time when he wasn't in control of Civilization (and some rather awful Civ games were made).

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Since we are posting trailers for things that make us giddy

MUTANT Sweden's oldest S-F RPG is back!

Gorefiend likes this.
  7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    As a result of having seen the Civ trailer before I went to sleep last night my dreams were influenced by it.

I dreamt that Paradox released a game named INVADER SPACE KINGS and it was amazing.

I also dreamt that the young Han Solo spin-off movie had been released, and they got around having a new guy in the role (Matt Smith -- not sure what my brain was thinking) by using "it's an IU holothriller" as the framing device. And then Real!Han implied that all the prequels were just IU holothrillers too. Disney then announced (from the sky?!) Episode VII was a cover for the new Episode I and the entire cinema cheered.

Good sleep, all in all.

8. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Pfft, new prequel trilogy would contradict Luceno's books and my Jar Jar coloring book so no thanks.

In my dream last night I was Samwell Tarly who saved a fellow watchman from Tormund's raiding party. Yaayy!

A few days before seeing both Hobbit movies I dreamed of being in tje theater, waiting for what seemed like hours for the movie to start, and then waking up just as it begins. Not-yaayy. Hopefully it doesn't happen a third time.

Revanfan1 and DigitalMessiah like this.
  9. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007

This may also be of interest to certain individuals.

Lazy Storm Trooper and Gorefiend like this.
  10. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    YES, YES, YES!!

This game I will buy. I am guessing that each of the 8 factions will be geographical groups from Earth based along continents. North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, etc. Maybe create a Middle Eastern faction and potentially one from the Indian subcontinent & Southeast Asia.

I love the idea that you have the ability to either forge a brave new world or recreate the mistakes of the old. This game will be epic, mark me people!

--Adm. Nick

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    huh. I just had to look at the trailer after how excited Nick got for it, and... well, I dunno. Civ 5 was a huge letdown to me. But then maybe my patience for Civ games has worn out: I'm more interested in tightly historically bound games like the Paradox games or even the Total War games (with appropriate mods) than Civ these days, though I used to love Civs 2 through 4 back in the day (with 3 being my favorite).

I must admit it was a pretty trailer though. I generally shake my head at all the CGI trailers these days that tell us basically nothing besides the concept, but their whole futuristic buildings next to old monuments thing was awesome -- and, really, exactly like a late game of Civilization :p

Who knows, that may well be the next DLC? Except people on the forum will probably ask whether or not the Norse could raid other planets, because apparently this is important to them.

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    My first thought when I watched that trailer was "no real Earth cities? Jello's not gonna go for this."

13. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    This too is my greatest fear.

14. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

I actually hope they go for ideological factions like in Alpha Centauri, because it was one of many things that gave that game insane depth.

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Found Rebel Assault 2 The Hidden Empire for Playstation 1.
    Talk to me people, good buy? Bad buy? etc

16. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Oh great fun, though if you paid more then 5$ you got ripped off. :)

17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
  18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    It was $5 or so. Though it was a two parter thing. Bit confused by that. Also rating K to Adult? I've heard of that before but how does it relate to this game?

19. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    You got 2 games or two discs for one game?

Rated K? Hmm... well okay it has death and violence in it, but nothing excessive from what I recall.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Two discs. That's what I figured about the rating thing.

21. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    K to A is the old version of the E for Everyone rating. It's on some of the old N64 games I own, as well.

22. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Yeah Playstation version is 2 discs from what I recall, you get to switch at about mid game.

23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
  24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Ideological factions? In what sense?

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

25. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007

Here's some info regarding the game factions, plus some other info:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.