main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Cave, and places that are strong with the Force

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Barth, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014
    Would be good for Luke to go to Mustafar? Maybe that place would be strong in the force for him considering his Mother died there and his Father fully completed his turn to the dark side.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Padme actually died on Polis Massa, which is where Luke and Leia were born.

3. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    :-B

EHT likes this.
  4. RyanForder

Mar 3, 2014
    Maybe they can go to a planet half way between both? [face_laugh]

Dra--- likes this.
  5. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Which may be an even more interesting place to visit.

6. RyanForder

Mar 3, 2014

Isn't Polis Massa just an asteroid?

7. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    And Anakin's turn was completed in Palpatine's office.

So I would say aside from a winter like we're having and a need for some warmth, Mustafar is out. :)

Is Aerosmith doing the soundtrack to Episode 7?

8. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I think asteroids are beautiful.

run_luke_run and Dra--- like this.
  9. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Yes

10. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    I think it would be great to know why certain places are strong with the Force, and why certain places are strong with the dark side of the Force. People had speculated, and in HtoE it was speculated by Luke that the cave acted as a "negative charge" to Yoda's "positive charge" of Force power, thus allowing Yoda to stay undetected by the Emperor. That also raises the question, with Ben staying on Tatooine, was there are dark side area or thing that made Ben and Luke hidden from the Emperor? That would be a really cool thing to hear about when we explore Tatooine in Episode VII.

purplerain likes this.
  11. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Maybe the Rakata left something behind that draws people to Tatooine. ;)

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I agree. They made the mystery of the Force too weird and not as simple as it once was. The whole learning how to retain your identity after death conflicts with the events in the OT, as well. How the hell did Anakin learn it then? I mean, did Obi-Wan go through the same trials as Yoda did, too? And why didn't Qui-Gon want Mace and the others to learn it, too? Pretty selfish, if you ask me.

The Force, whether it be the light or dark side, should be in everything and everywhere, anyway. Hence the cave and the dark side manifestation that lured Luke to it. The dark side should always be tempting believers of the Force, no matter where they are, and in any way that it deems.

Ryus likes this.
  13. run_luke_run

Feb 18, 2004
    The more mysterious the Force remains, the better. The more questions you have than answers, the better.

That said...

I would suggest that when you are actually created by the force, you don't have to learn. Anakin is Half-human, Half Force. That let's you skip this step.

Watch the Clone Wars final season. Under your nose, the answers are.

The Force is neither light or dark. Force users choose to use it for good or evil.

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yoda and Ben do talk about "the dark side of the Force" a lot though.

"Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force"
    "That cave ... is strong with the dark side of the Force. A domain of evil it is."
    "The dark side clouds everything"

and so forth.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  15. run_luke_run

Feb 18, 2004
    We talk about evil in our own world as if it's a "thing" to, when really evil is a choice/course of action(s) made by a person.

I love the ambiguity and where discussion like this leads, though. I don't necessarily think I am correct...it's merely my interpretation.

Sarge likes this.
  16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    An EU interpretation that has very little to do with the movies. We saw the dark side's influence in Anakin, who was clearly controlled by it, and the cave.

purplerain likes this.
  17. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    What I never completely understood was how a place could be strong with the Dark Side of the Force. If evil were done there, how does it transfer to the place itself? Has this ever been addressed?

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Everything is connected to the force. An strong evil being will influence other beings close to it, the plants and animals.

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup. In the EU, that influence can be conveyed various ways- most usually, by the strong evil being dying there. A similar "dark spot" forms in orbit above Endor after Palpatine's death.

Two Dark Jedi Masters die on Dagobah at different times in the EU.

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Now I wonder, if at these places, it is possible to divine something from the life of the deceased, to see some of his/her life.
    Could make for a very cool, mystical scene.

Darth Punk and Iron_lord like this.
  21. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014

I like the Mortis story from TCW and connected it with the Dawn of the Jedi comic because the Mortis connected with the pyramids that picked up force users around the galaxy. The force users were settled on Tython and trained in the force light and dark sides. The balance in the force was disturbed with the Rakata invaded Tython and for thousand of years the balance was off. The prophecy of the chosen one to bring balance ties into the TCW Mortis trilogy and Anakin of course he does not stay and we think the son died but.... you saw Anakin impale him with his lightsaber. The only way to kill the father,son and daugther was with a special sword and a mystery person shows up in EU" Fate of the Jedi" series while Luke is fighting Abeloth. I think this was the son coming back to finish what he started with Anakin but with Luke who can help complete the prophecy his father failed to.

I think the Mortis does not have to be a major idea in the next trilogy but it can be that place where Luke goes to full fill the prophecy and bring balance to the force instead of him getting killed off. I can see the son being that major threat for Luke along with the Sith planet Kesh with its sith army threating the galaxy.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Given his tattoos (and a few other clues) - it seemed to me that he was intended to be Krayt from LoTF.

Ryus likes this.
  23. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    A "special sword"?

I remember when that used to mean lightsaber... [face_waiting]

Thanks for giving me another reminder of why I dislike the Mortis trilogy and why it should have nothing to do with the Sequal Trilogy. General audiences, imho, will react very negativly to aspects of the force being the villain and not actual characters from our plain of exsistance. Aspects of the force should be reserved to the roles of mentors and decievers. Its just a far more relatable story to know the enemy is a living, breathing character and not a luminious being who can transform into a giant bat at will... :rolleyes:

Iron_Lord is correct though that the tattooed man was meant to be Darth Kryat from the Star Wars Legacy comics.

plaidphoenix and Iron_lord like this.
  24. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm not sure if a being like Son would be best way to do this, but it makes perfect sense for the dark side itself to be the villain of the ST. The Sith were destroyed at the end of ROTJ, so the logical next step to improving the galaxy is destroying the dark side itself.

Perhaps the dark side itself could take the form of a Palpatine ghost?

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    According to Lucas, "They both need to be there".

Trying to destroy The Dark Side may not in fact be good for life as a whole.

Bob Octa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.