main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    This, this, completely this.

2. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    I'm ashamed...riddled with spelling errors. I do not deserve your likes. I mean Or him sense she is in trouble like he did with his mom? Another kick in the nuts would be if she got captured and is being held on Tatooine.

cwustudent likes this.
  3. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    The only question that remains, of course, is how to kill Ahsoka. Probably ought to be Dooku, since Anakin has a particular hatred for the Count.

4. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014
    Yeah, but then if Dooku did it, that'd sort of feel like something Palpatine would've said in justification of Anakin executing the Count.

Darkslayer and Sable_Hart like this.
  5. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014

Maybe. But wouldn't he just go off and find him in a fit of rage instead of killing Dooku when Palpatine tells him too ROTS? I don't think Obi-wan would be able to reel him in if that were the case. I personally would like Maul to kill her. That would make more sense having Anakin crush him and why he would not be in ROTS.

cwustudent and Sable_Hart like this.
  6. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    I would actually like if Ahsoka was killed by Sidious. Obviously, no one would find out and the Jedi would suspect Dooku. But having Ahsoka die like that,without Anakin even knowing about it, only to find it out when he see her corpse, would make him feel extremely helpless...that he was unable to protect her.
    IMO this would fit well with Anakin hesitating killing the Count on the Invisible Hand, as he will not be sure if it was him who killed her. It would also fit well with him feeling overprotective with Padme. Like having lost already someone without being able to foresee their death, makes him even more paranoid of losing another person close to him. And especially since he saw it in his dreams that Padme would die in childbirth, he became overprotective in order to prevent something like that happening...again.

Sable_Hart and Vader'sGoodHand like this.
  7. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014

Maybe that is why he wants to keep Maul around.

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

Yeah, it bugged that we did not find out why Sidious allowed Maul to live. I seriously find no good reason to do so. Having a lackey to perform your deeds while being able to hide yourself from the spotlight is a fine reason, but Maul would just run the first time he was sent on a mission. Even if Sidious wanted Maul so that he could keep Dooku in check, if he decided to attempt to overthrow his master, Sidious is way too arrogant for that; not to mention that Dooku has no apprentice now...

9. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Good points. Still, if not Dooku, who is easily the person whom Anakin hates the most at this time, then it should probably be Sidious himself.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ahsoka didn't need a "special" death and she certainly didn't need to be killed by the Sith Master himself.

When I watched season 1, I imagined that she would go after Grievous alone again and that Anakin would sense she was in danger but would not get there until after Grievous killed her.

That was before the Dark Times, before TCW Wuss-Grievous, before the Snips Character Shield.

11. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014
    Scenario: Anakin sees Ahsoka at the top of a platform fighting with Darth Maul. Just as he runs up the stairs she gets run through with Maul's saber. Anakin just goes off. She is still alive like Qui-Gon some how was and Anakin runs over and holds her.
    "I'm so sorry" Anakin said (like he always says to her)
    "It's not your fault Anakin" she replies (no longer her master)
    She dies.
    Cut scene shows Sidious in the background watching Anakin cry(?) maybe and nothing that he is one step closer to the Dark side.

12. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    My only issue with Grievous killing Ahsoka is that, if Anakin found out about it, Grievous would probably be number one on his **** List; their interaction in ROTS is too cool for that sort of animosity. Like it or not, Ahsoka is special: not because she's the greatest Jedi ever or anything, but because of her close proximity to Anakin. She'd be of special interest to Palpatine in that he'd see another string to pull in guiding Anakin to the dark side. I could easily see him or Dooku killing Ahsoka for that reason.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That's a fair point. In my view there isn't much the show could do with Ahsoka's existence that doesn't retcon ROTS. Even as the show left her fate, the only reason "you ***holes expelled my Padawan!" didn't come up is because Ahsoka didn't exist yet when the film was made.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  14. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

Exactly. Anakin in ROTS was all like: "General Grievous, you are shorter than I expected". If Ahsoka was killed by Grievous, then: "I will make you pay for killing her" or something like that.

But, as AFS pointed out, the plot of Rots was written before TCW, so if Ahsoka were to get killed, it would be in a way that did not disrupt the movies and not the way around.

Darkslayer and SithStarSlayer like this.
  15. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014
    Hence Maul since he never shows up in ROTS but apparently gets left alive in TCW.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    What's the point of reviving Maul when you don't even use him in a meaningful way? He could've killed Ahsoka and Anakin could've then killed him in retaliation, Dave.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So I was watching the season 3 finale and realized in that Trandoshin room there is a old Kotor style mandolorian helmet.

18. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014

Dave: "Not my Ahsoka. SHE IS THE CHOSEN ONE!"

19. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Agreed. Skywalker would have force pushed him out the view-port, sans the pleasantries.

Anzeroth2112 and GGrievous like this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If Ashoka were to be killed then I think it would have had to have been by a TCW original so Anakin could finish them off without anything being questioned for ROTS.

21. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Just watched the first 2 episodes of Season 6/ The Lost Missions on the internet. Really impressed. The Tup storyline is really interesting and it's really amazing watching Palpatine manipulate everyone in particular I love that end shot of him smirking at his desk like at the end of Revival. My view on the Kaminoans have been changed completely now too. Before I thought that they knew nothing about Order 66 and it's purpose but now I realize that they were pretty cunning and heartless. It also reminds me of the mission on Battlefront 2 where the 501st fight rogue rebel Clones on Kamino which makes me wonder if they changed their views after they realized what they had contributed to. It was also cool seeing Trench again even if it makes me wonder how he survived. All in all great stuff and I'm excited for the rest of the season. I just have to resist watching the rest of the episodes all at once now. ;)

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Really? Nice eye.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I also think there was a crystal skull in there witch was probably a nod to Indy.

24. thedarkbeckons

thedarkbeckons Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2013

Ehhhh...I think of it this way. What if Anakin killed her AS DARTH VADER? It would truly show the depth of evil he had attained at the hand of Palpatine. (A possible Rebels story arc?)

Darkslayer and Anzeroth2112 like this.
  25. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014
    It's possible. Would be an intense scene. Check out the ahsoka in rebels thread. We had a very lengthy discussion about it

thedarkbeckons likes this.