main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthTunick , Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm sure. Well, all the more reason to get the job done within the next month and a half.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I will attempt to discover their new entrance tomorrow. Update #1 will follow. Batastrophe '14 is officially underway. [face_dancing] [face_plain]

DarthTunick and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Ooh good, I like the new name. What was it last year, Batpocalypse '13?

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes. If I remember correctly. My memory is not what it once was due to not sleeping for 3 straight months last year.

EHT likes this.
  5. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I had flying squirrels in my last house, which is probably almost as bad as bats.

6. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Oh, no! :( Prayers that the bats find a better place to take up residence soon! [:D]

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I guess it wouldn't really be spring without the bats taking up residence again. :p

In all seriousness, I wish you the best of luck in getting rid of them!

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

It's the only way to enjoy them! :D

Now, bats in a microwave...

9. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Peeps and jellybeans are the only Easter candies I can still have, but I'll only eat Peeps if they're melted into goo...

Well, I saw a lunar eclipse for the first time in my life. :cool: Another thing to cross off the bucket list. Goodnight!

DarthTunick likes this.
  10. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I saw it just as the last sliver was disappearing, but as soon as the blood moon appeared the clouds got too thick to see through and they've been that way ever since. I was hoping to see more of it but at least I caught a glimpse.

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I watched a handful of minutes of the game, but my undivided attention was focused on this:
    [​IMG]

13. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    a guy with a hand for a foot, yeah i'd focus on that too

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    ...and a completely different colored leg than the rest of his body. #biologyproblems

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Anyone doing anything exciting for Easter?

16. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Nursing a hangover from the night before? Does that count?

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I'll be preoccupied with resurrection. Both Jesus' and a family of formerly displaced bats.

Speaking of which...
    BATASTROPHE '14 - Day One: Meet the Neighbors:
    At approximately 20:00 last evening, our lodgers returned from their diaspora and got down to business making themselves at home. In my home. Again.

My wife disrupted my happy evening of 76ers' domination and Star Wars chatroom moderation to inform me of a great disturbance in the Force walls. After spending the previous summer living with the equivalent of a nearly-nonstop exorcism taking place in the wall above our headboard, our ceiling, and the wall between our bedroom and bathroom due to government legislation (passed by people who were clearly out of their minds and elected by incompetents) which prevents removal of bats between 1 June and 1 September for varying reasons... and paying thousands of dollars for our soffet and roof to be sealed... we were planning a pleasant summer of actually being able to sleep, only to be thwarted by the prophecy I had been warned with on a consistent basis as a child... we would be tuning in again... same bat-time... same bat-channel...

I can only assume that, on Day One, it was Mr. Bat or possibly Pop-Pop Bat who arrived to represent the family during settlement. There was no chirping, because the kids have not arrived and did not require being homeschooled all day long nor hollered at to go to sleep all night long. Instead, either Mr. Bat or his bat-in-law spent the night (what I can only assume from the racket was) moving the family piano to and fro looking for the perfect placement for it while dragging crates of their family heirlooms from behind my headboard to the wall adjoining the bathroom. I am quite sure he hung dozens of family photos or other framed art on the walls and has yet to discover those 'command' "no nailing required" wall hooks, so he simply did the old fashioned way until approximately 3 in the morning. There must be a fair amount of remodeling being done as there was a nearly non-stop amount of what I can only imagine was the wall being scraped and scratched to replace the wallpaper or paint or whatever they furbished their residence with last year.

The call is in to the removal squad. If they fail to get this done by the legislative handcuffing date, I have decided to host a reggae dancehall in our house on a daily basis with air-horn cans being fired off in rapid succession. Big ups, bats! Gwaan mek wi mek fi haffi dead!

18. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Hopefully you'll be able to resolve that... permanently, this time.

Also, I already see that I'm just going to love the new "Is it tomorrow yet" thread. The repository of all 7SA madness.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It was a staff decision that, since the animals can't help themselves from peeing and crapping all over the place, we needed to drop some newspaper in the corner. Go mad, lads & lasses... a thread with padded walls has been provided.

EHT and The Hellhammer like this.
  20. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
  21. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    is there some kind of high frequency sound device that you could drive the bats out with?

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Bats. Just like last summer. And, sonic devices do not work at all... aside from infuriating all dogs within 6,500 feet.

23. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    what are bats natural predators? snakes? birds of prey? DarthTunick seems to eat most things?

EHT, The Hellhammer and fishtailsam like this.
  24. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    interesting...

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Owls. I may shove some poor old owl into my walls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.