main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social *** ~ e-Adoption - Get help from an experienced member ~ *** - New Coordinator announced!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I pledge myself to the teachings of any Master capable of training me in the arts of the RPG.

(No actually, the instructions on the RPG page confused me quite a bit, so one-on-one work would probably be best for me to learn that area.)

2. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
  3. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
  4. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    PM me whenever, if I don't respond right away, I'll get back to you soon :)

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
  6. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    It is for me, thanks Skiara :)

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
  8. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Hey Skiara!

I would be willing to take someone on as my first opportunity to give back to the program since receiving so much.

Let me know when you have a good match. :p

Pensivia likes this.
  9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's cool, Ananta Chetan! :)
    I'll add you to the list of free oldbies. You're from the US? And which boards are your top three?

Beside of waiting... don't hesitate to ask interested newbies yourself. Sometimes the best teams come from a usual welcoming-post (and a following chat). :)

10. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'll keep an eye on this thread, once I've sufficiently reacquainted myself with the boards I may make myself available.

11. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    From the States but living in India since 2001. Time zone concerns aren't such an issue though since I have the most time for TFN in the morning here which is of course US evening hours. I spread my attention here between the EUC, SWC, PT, CT and SW TV pretty evenly. Addie was my Oldbie Guide, as you may remember. ;)

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    India? Then I can add you to the asia & oceania area. :D
    ...and I take EUC, SWC and PT as your three fav boards. :)

Yep, I remember. She did a good work! :)

Aztek, that's cool. Take your time and when you feel comfortable again, let me know. :)

Jedi-Aztek likes this.
  13. batcowl

batcowl Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2014
    Someone adopt me, please ^:)^

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Batcowl! :) What are you interested in the most? What lead you to this forum? Please, tell us a bit about yourself. This way we get to know you and the chances are higher to find a master who fits to you.

Or you take a look at the first page. There you can find some free masters. You can send them a private message or tag them by adding a '@' infront of their name in a post.

:)

15. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Greetings Batcowl and Welcome to the boards! I also reside in the East, though originate from the West, and recently decided to volunteer for the first time to be (or try to be:p ) a guide for a new member. Can you share something about your current SW-fandom and interests? :)

batcowl

16. tnek89

tnek89 Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2014
    May I also be adopted?! I'm interested in RPs and Versus battles and debates mostly, but open to everything :).

17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Any news about batcowl, Ananta Chetan? If not, tnek89 is looking for a nice adopter. :)

18. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Nope. It looks like she has vanished and not logged-on since she sent that last message above before I replied.

Yes, if tnek89 is willing, we could give it a try and test the waters for potential harmony. tnek89 If you wish, you can scroll-up to read my previous message on this page which describes my background and interests here at TFN. :)

19. tnek89

tnek89 Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2014
    That would be wonderful!!!! Thank you so much!

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Great!! :D

Then... congrats on your first padawan, Ananta! Good luck Tnek89! :D
    As usual... if any questions come up, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm just a PM far away. :)

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  21. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Skiara You are such a wonderful matchmaker my friend. ;)

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's just experience. ;)

23. Lunarcat

Lunarcat Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2014
    Hello!

I'm very new here, and this place is pretty different from the last forums I frequented, I'll probably need some help getting around and figuring things out. Finding the lay of the land.

In other words, I'm happy to be someone's padawaan! [:D]Promise I'll be good!

Thank you!

Oh and I don't have 20 posts yet so I can't pm people, is that going to be a problem?

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Lunarcat! :)

It's cool that you signed up and I hope you'll find a master soon. I've added you to the list on the first page, but it's a lot faster to go ahead and ask the oldbies yourself. You can even tag them (=add a '@' infront of their name, like I did with yours in this post). Then they show up and post here usually. :)

But... what make you think that you need 20 posts before being able to pm someone? That rule isn't active anymore for months already. Where have you read about it? I need to know, so I can fix that post/information. Thanks! :)

25. Lunarcat

Lunarcat Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2014
    Oh! I read about it on the... you know I don't even remember where.:confused: I think it was on the directory for the fanfiction threads? Not sure, sorry! But thank you for helping me set things strait!

Okay cool! I'll ask some Oldbies then! Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.