main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    That would be completely out of character. If that happens, then my belief about Dave not understanding Anakin will grow.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    And if choking his pregnant wife and stabbing a bunch of kids who were asking him for help, did not "show the level of evil he had obtained"...nothing would.

GGrievous likes this.
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    You should re-watch the last hour of ROTS! :p

thedarkbeckons likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I should also swallow a test tube full of noroviruses.

5. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014

Right. She needed to die during TCW. Her dying in Rebels would just be like well "Duh" since Vader hates everyone.

GGrievous likes this.
  6. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    So he couldn't force himself to kill Luke but he will kill Ahsoka? Seems legit.

thedarkbeckons likes this.
  7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Agreed: Killing the deserter (Tano) would be easier to accept than the senseless slaughter of children.

I can see Vader blaming her for leaving him (It was Kenobi who said Anakin was loyal to people).

8. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Ahsoka didn't really betray him. She just acted like a complete moron as she ran away from him. If she had betrayed him, then it would've connected with Padme "betraying" Anakin in ROTS. For him to intentionally kill a love one is out of character.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Now there's a scenario in which I would not mind seeing their confrontation.

Vader saying something along the lines of "I did all I could to prove your innocence. How dare you abandon me afterwards!" just before the Force-choke.

Darkslayer likes this.
  10. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Luke is his son.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    anakinfansince1983 That would be great for fanfiction.net. :p

purplerain Right, but do you not understand his attachment issues? Anakin is attached to those who are close to him. His mom, his wife, his Padawan, and then his son. He lost all but saved the last one from death. Anakin killing Ahsoka makes no sense whatsoever.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If I wrote it, I would make it a comedy.

GGrievous likes this.
  13. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014

I think he would let her fight. To easy to just suffocate her though he would 100% blame her for abandoning him. I don't like it though. I would rather see her die by the hands of Maul or some other TCW villain. It would add more to the Anakin not able to save his loved girls(because apparently it is always the ladies that get him into trouble) motif and just enrage him even more.

cwustudent likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I see your point and I think that is where they will take her character but Dave may get his way.

15. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014

Yea I don't know. I would rather have Anakin lose someone he loved during a time when he was questioning everything and subsequently drives him to the dark side than Vader just raging because he wants to. I also don't think she would hide from Vader if she knew who he was. Knowing how head strong she is she never was one to shy away from taking on the likes of Ventress, Grievous etc. and he would not need to come looking for her. Now if she was killed like I mentioned before it would show Anakin blaming himself (not saving her) and resenting the Council for the way he feels that she was wronged. At the end of the Ahsoka Arc I don't think he blamed her for leaving so I don't think that would be fuel for Vader's eternal flame how Obi-wan became. With her dying before ROTS, which would have to be when she dies because there are no mentions of her, it would make more sense because knowing him he would be worried constantly and mentioning about her unless he knew she was safe. Just spit balling. I'm a fan of the tragic not the well he's Vader so we know she'd die by his hand.

16. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    GGrievous When it comes to Vader all that matters is his current state of mind....

While its true, Tano didn't betray Skywalker.... she did abandon him.

How Vader would twist that into personal-motivation does not concern me.
    [face_devil]

17. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Finished watching the Order 66 arc. I felt sad at what happened to Fives. Again it amazed me how well Palpatine deceived everyone and the last scene with him laughing I actually shivered at. I wonder what happened when Fives was in the medical center with Palpatine though. Also it was cool that the medical center was the same one Vader was brought to in ROTS.

18. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Yes, if there is one thing that you cannot deny is Sidious' cunning.

Anyway, the order 66 arc really did not appeal to me. Especially the fact that there was a chip in each clone.

All those monologues from members of the 501st about being ordered to kill the Jedi, men and women that they served under for almost 4 years are meaningless when you know that they were programmed to think the way they did.

I mean this quote now sounds meaningless.

"What I remember about the rise of the Empire is… is how quiet it was. During the waning hours of the Clone Wars, the 501st Legion was discreetly transferred back to Coruscant. It was a silent trip; we all knew what was about to happen, what we were about to do. Did we have any doubts? Any private traitorous thoughts? Perhaps, but no one said a word. Not on the flight back to Coruscant, not when Order 66 came down, and not when we marched into the Jedi Temple. Not a word."

Whoever member of the 501st said that, is as if a droid did.

19. thedarkbeckons

thedarkbeckons Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2013
    Hmm. You make some good points, however the one thing we aren't sure of at this juncture is exactly how the chip affects the clones' minds. We've seen a malfunction of the chip, resulting in one clone's execution of Order 66 ahead of the schedule Sidious had set in motion. The nature of the malfunction would suggest that Order 66 was the sole purpose of the chip, if it weren't for Tup's ranting and raving that "good soldiers follow orders." It seems fairly clear, at least in my own mind, that during and after Order 66 the chip essentially rewrote the clone's motivations and possibly even memories. Apart from wiping out the vast majority of the Jedi, the chip also likely served as a "reset" button within the army itself. Thus the new Emperor Palpatine could start anew, as it were, without all of the baggage and memories of good Jedi leadership.

20. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    The "good soldiers follow orders" by Tup is exactly what I mean. If a clone cannot recognize the fact that their commander is clearly a traitor for ordering clones to attack other clones, then how do we known if there is any validity in any troopers thoughts during Order 66?

21. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    All this chip talk has me rethinking the events on Umbara.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  23. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011
    Here's what I'm curious about: We're given insight into how a clone thinks before the order, but not specifically after (and given the current status of the EU I don't currently count its explanations). Are they still the same clones, just with a 'kill jedi' mentality? Do they realize what they have done? Or are they now completely obedient to the empire?

24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I see what you did there.

25. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Seemed legit when I wrote it.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.