main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Was just going to start a thread like this today - always curious about other people's levels of avoiding spoilers.

I'll watch all of the trailers and TV spots, buy and listen to the soundtrack (even read the soundtrack listing!), etc. But I'll look to avoid reviews, plot synopses, etc.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    If I recall correctly, some of the soundtracks for the PT essentially contained spoilers. For example, the TPM soundtrack has a track called "Qui-Gon's Noble End".

3. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Yeah, I was always a bit torn with the soundtracks after that. I actually think the Lucasfilm team took some grief over that particular track's title and I doubt we'd see that much info in a track title at this point. I just know I won't have the willpower to not listen to the new music once it's here, which is not that easy to do without also reading the track titles.

4. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Good. Gooooood. You have chosen the path of the Light Side!

Darkslayer and stormcloud8 like this.
  5. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    Once the full cast list and subtitle are released, I will bid the spoiler forum adieu. That's all I really want to know before the movie comes out.

Death_Jar_Jar and jaqen like this.
  6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Biggest obstacle in my life will be keeping my husband from telling me too much. I'd like as much of the plot as possible to be unknow until I get to the theater.

jaqen likes this.
  7. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008

I'm lucky enough to have a wife who doesn't care about SW (but supports my fandom), so no worries there for me.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This describes my wife too, exactly. Not that I'm trying to avoid spoilers anyway. :p

9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    In our house I'm the casual SW fan. There must not be any movie news today. Husband is busy trying to complete action figure and trading card collections.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So I'm gonna still try for "teaser, not trailer and beyond" for Ep. 7. I tested my theory in practice on the Cap 2 trailer, I had seen the teaser, thought it was awesome. Went to the movie theatre and there's the full-on Cap 2 trailer. Tricksy. So I basically closed my eyes / squinted and "heard it" (maybe peeked once in awhile) but didn't quite watch the full Cap 2 trailer. Is that a good theory for Ep. 7 (I'm fairly certain at some point during movie watching blockbuster season, there will be a full trailer playing at some point)? Or is that just crazy?

11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Ha, so I had a co-worker stop by my desk yesterday to ask a work question. He saw my SW thermous and started asking me about Episode VII rumors. I would love to be spoiler free, but it's going to be nearly impossible.

12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Spoilt rotten - you should see what I did to myself with game of thrones

13. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I'll do what I did when the TCW movie came out ( I wasn't into Star Wars when the prequels came out so they will be the first live action SW films I'll see in the cinema) watch all the trailers and clips multiple times and get general plot details but stay away from anything major that happens.

14. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I don't know how "far" I'll go at this point...basically I've never been spoiled for anything I was really excited for before , so maybe I'll try it once as an experiment. I have been lurking on and off in SA and then popped in there today with all the excitement and have to say I enjoyed it! I feel the dark side calling me:p

15. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Yeah, I really, really, really, want to stay mostly "spoiler free" for this movie. But I keep lurking around the SA forum, saying okay, "as soon as the cast is announced" I'll leave. "Okay, wait, maybe once they *officially* start filming, I'll stay clear of that place…." But I can already tell it's going to be tough. I'm like becoming this spoiler junkie who wants to go back to that neighborhood for just "one more fix." I may need an intervention. But seriously, once filming really starts I want to stay away from that forum.

Seriously.

I hope.

16. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    *brings out a pair of handcuffs and cuffs Yanksfan to a pole in 7NSA* Now, this is for your own good...

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm kind of in that position now, but, to be honest, this is a J.J. Abrams Bad Robot production. Almost all Major Spoilers (ie. KHHHAAAANNNNNN!!!) were revealed by the trades before shooting for Star Trek Into Darkness. (There was a paparazzi photo that leaked the first week and then the production got locked down really, really quickly) So I'm honestly guessing the spoiler forum during shooting will actually not be all that spoilery. Due to the mystery box and all. Post shooting and after the teaser hits, head for the hills!

Yanksfan likes this.
  18. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    That would actually be great. I'd love it if JJ managed to keep a tight lid on things. I think the "uncertain speculation" that goes on in a lot of threads is actually a lot of fun. :)

19. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Read the books?

Yanksfan and Darth Punk like this.
  20. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    at the end of season one I needed more, so i went through that wiki of fire of ice like erm wildfire, ruined everything, red wedding - knew that was coming two seasons before.

then monstered the books.

ironically, i heard people who read the books first, are getting arsey now, because the the tv show has spoilers yet to be in the books such as:

white walkers transforming human babies into them

anyway...

hodor

21. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

That's funny. I enjoy the Marvel cycle, but I never even think of being spoiled for those films. Cap 1 was my favorite non-Avengers movie of the cycle so far, and I walked into Cap 2 a couple weeks ago and hadn't read a single spoiler or even seen a single trailer. I didn't even realize that until I read your post.

I love watching movies unspoiled so much that I'll often watch films on Netflix without even reading the synopsis.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    There's an Episode VII?

Dang it NSA, WHY DID YOU SPOIL IT!!!

23. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I would really like to go spoiler free. But that's not my personality. I love that Christmas morning feeling. But I will fall to the dark side and spoil myself. I would rather enjoy this story unfolding over 18 months than 2 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I so wanted to go spoiler free, and actually have a life beyond the duration that I spent here once upon a time, but it was not to be.

...but I shall fight the urge to look up spoilers, I shall focus solely on my novel and I shall get this spoiler monkey off my back.

Having said that, I will probably be back tomorrow... 'tis Star Wars, after all :).

25. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    I'll probably leave the SA forum and avoid all new information once the first teaser and main new characters are revealed. I don't mind seeing those, posters, etc., but some people on forums are ridiculously good at theorizing what will happen in films. They slow down trailers, analyse every image, and then piece everything together. It's ridiculous.

jaqen, Darkslayer and BigAl6ft6 like this.