main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Casting Rumors 2.0 - Nothing but casting rumors... or else.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mavjade , Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Come one they pull these rumors out of thier butt every week. Anyone with an ounce of brain knows thier full of you know what. It's what makes it so funny. No matter how many times they put out fake crap. Peeps coming back for more.

I mean a least sites like LR get things right every ounce in a while. What's Jedi News track record. Like 0 for 100. [face_laugh]

TheBBP likes this.
  2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Can we stop reposting that same pic please? I still remember what she looks like 2 posts down.:rolleyes:

darkmarc likes this.
  3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I would admit their track record is not great, but none of this would be an exact science and to be fair, he said the source was untested, hence he didn't post it to their site. Also, he's called time on the speculation himself.

4. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    She's turning into the new Solo. I just hope she has a part unlike Ksenia.

Then why did he even tweet it. Maybe, because he wants some hits. Saying well I didn't post it on my site,but hey I tweet out the rumor. Doesn't excatly excuse him,sorry.

5. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    True but at least the Solo gifs where funny... for a time.

But we'll just agree to disagree with Solo being in the film, I've now seen all her works and say Rachel Hard-Wood and Ksenia Solo is the better actress by far (and won awards for acting). Hard to say if a first time actress is better or worse though since no one has seen anything she's done. Anyways of the young women we've seen rumored I actually found Ksenia one of the best and most suited for a Star Wars role.

T-R- and Momotaros like this.
  6. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    I agree it is starting to get annoying,but it will eventually pass when the new flavor of the month (aka next rumored cast member) pops up.

Ryus likes this.
  7. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Very true... makes me wonder what fake rumors we'll get May the 4th assuming its not tomorrow then. After all what better day to post the next batch of fake rumors...

Momotaros likes this.
  8. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    By the way thier was news today. Not about VII,but about a guy in a hockey mask. Does that count as an anouncement? [face_laugh]

Yeah, not looking forward to that day. We will either get fresh new fake rumors or the day will go by with no news and more peeps bitching about the movie being doomed.

Ryus likes this.
  9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well, weren't we supposed to get new infos now?

10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  11. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    I actually briefly met Ksenia Solo at London Comic Con last October. I can certainly say she'd suit the role of Han's daughter. IMO, her or Moretz are my top choices, they have the perfect personalities for it.

I also think that we won't have to put up with these rumors for much longer. I suspect news will drop next month in the 150th Star Wars Insider and later in many of the big cinema magazines that went to see the set, like Total Film.
    Additionally, I think they'll have a panel at San Diego comic con, where they'll drop the initial teaser.

The first full trailer will be at Celebration Anaheim methinks.

Ryus likes this.
  12. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    I'm not trying to get off topic nor defend them, but I too follow the person on Twitter and I just think he randomly picked a date for fun.

Ryus and HegoDamask like this.
  13. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Any truth to the rumor that Ahmed Best is coming back, or is that just a joke?

Assuming any truth to it, for the character he played to be an older, much wiser version, that might be a good thing.

On the other hand if that rumor is just a joke, that's okay by me, too.

14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    New perspective:

Those waiting impatiently for casting news (like myself) need to think about those in the military waiting to come home, those waiting a diagnosis that may be good or bad news, those waiting to hear about a job after losing theirs, those waiting to hear about a loved one who is missing or ill, etc......kinda does make ya wonder why so many of us seem to be so impatient about who is going to be in a movie.

Me? Guilty as charged but the above certainly makes you realize how very very small it is.

15. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Achievement Unlocked:

THREAD KILLER!

16. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Star Wars is something of an escape from our worries or the issues (some of which you alluded to) that we are all dealing with in our daily lives. I recognize how trivial SW is in the grand scheme of things, but it still is important to me, and I don't post here 24/7.

17. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Jobertus is right....SW is about escaping the issues of our daily lives....and it sounds like waiting for SW is part of the same healing for some....

RobShanti and Darthsuggs like this.
  18. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Even Latino Review does not even tease an untested source. Jedi News is attention-whorring. Nothing more.

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Well, it's better than saying she's freakin Obi-Wan's daughter, no?

20. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I think Ksenia would be great as Han and Leia's daughter as well. Went on youtube and watched some interviews with her. Not only is she cute but has a great sense of humour.

21. Palpatine's P.A.

Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2014
    Ahmed Best coming back? Must be a joke. Bringing back the character Jar Jar when it is not necessary would be the biggest own goal in the history of film making

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR and T-R- like this.
  22. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Perhaps he will play Jar Jar's son - Jo Jo.

[face_laugh]

23. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Congrats guys, we've gone 532 days since Episode VII was announced without a single cast member. High fives all around.

MAL_SOLO and JediGirl_Angelina like this.
  24. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    R2 is a cast member

Ryus likes this.
  25. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.