main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Heaven is for Real

Discussion in 'Community' started by I Are The Internets, Apr 15, 2014.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012

Don't know if this'll be a classic like that Kevin Sorbo film that came out a month ago. The kid in this one looks ****ing terrifying.

My question is: should I double feature this with God is Not Dead? What say you PRENNTACULAR and Rogue_Ten?

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    prenn we have to see this.

i mean that ******* book. and they're making a movie out of it

i cant wait til they make a movie out of the sequel

[​IMG]

PRENNTACULAR and gambit420 like this.
  3. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    I read most of the book in less than a day; I still have thirty pages left, though. It is truly an amazing tale, because there's no logical way a 3-year-old child could know the things he tells his parents about, unless he actually experienced them. Colton's father Todd details many times in the book, that his son mentioned many things to them which neither parent had ever told him about.

4. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    ooooooorrrrrrrr they could be lying

5. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    You'd have to provide evidence which supports that, and from the book alone, I didn't see any.

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Probably because they were lying.

Edit: I mean, believe what you want to believe, but don't contend there's "no logical way" the events of the book could have an alternate explanation.

7. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    Read the book yourself, then try to tell me there's another option.

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    The other option is he's lying, because it's a book. I don't really no how else to spell this out for you. Unless you're contending that no one has ever lied in book form, in which case... good luck with that.

9. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    If you're going to objectively claim someone is lying, then you have to provide evidence for that. Saying he did it just to get a book published is ridiculous, because tons of books are published honestly every day.

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Baron Munchausen would've loved you to pieces.

11. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    There is another possibility. It may have indeed been real as far as the boy perceived it through his senses and spirit may have even been involved but it's highly unlikely it was a sound one.

12. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    That's not how it works.

13. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I felt the exact same way about The Amityville Horror after having read it. Who would ever publish a book based on a story they had simply made up?

14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  15. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

16. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Let me try: no parents would ever exploit their own child for financial gain. So the story must be true.

17. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    star wars actually did occur a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away ya know.

PROVE TO ME IT DIDNT

V-2, TX-20 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  18. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I've heard about this story a few times in passing before, but never really looked into it until I heard about the trailer for the movie. What doesn't make sense to me is why the child came back except to declare the glory of God. This really speaks volumes to me because on Sunday the pastor was talking about the resurrection of Lazarus. Heaven would be beautiful, there'd be no sorrow, no pain, just the glory of the Father. No one would leave that willingly, so this child, Colton, was brought back to tell this story of heaven, to further God's kingdom. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. :)

Moviefan2k4 likes this.
  19. Moviefan2k4

Dec 29, 2009
    Regardless of the subject, there's a difference between "proof" in general and "proving to me". People can provide rational evidence like crazy, but we can't force someone to believe it.

V-2 likes this.
  20. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    My favorite part of this book was when the kid says that Jesus "shoots power" down to pastors while they are preaching. Honorable mention goes to Jesus' rainbow-colored horse.

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Except your counterarguments to my point, which was that "the possibility the author was lying cannot be ruled out," consisted mostly of refusing to acknowledge the existence of this dichotomy. Which, I think, is somewhat telling.

22. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    ...Jesus rides a WHITE horse, not rainbow. Pure white.

Okay, sure. Someone could argue until they're blue in the face that he's lying through his teeth in the book, and consequently, the movie. God knows if he is or he isn't, but based on what I've heard, I think Colton really saw heaven. Everything I've heard so far matches what I've read of heaven in Scripture.

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Not in the book it isn't. Sounds like you're doubting the infallible word of this totally not lying author.

24. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

cant wait til this kid grows up and out of the shadow of his abusive parents and does a marjoe or a jonathan krohn

25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Based on a "true story". lol.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.