main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Opening scene

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by STARBOB, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Luke: "All you have is version 2.5?"
    Luke's eyes burn red, becomes Darth Terloper, kills everyone.

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Lol.

3. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Opening scene more like the Falcon flying over Curuscant ....Tatooine will feature later .......

4. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I have a feeling that the openeing scene, like ANH and ROTS, will be an action/chase scene rather than a sedate one. I think that's probably the best way to start Ep VII i.e. with a bang.

5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm going to bet it starts in space with a star field in the background (maybe a planet) and a ship appears. :p

StoneRiver likes this.
  6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm going to say it will be an enemy fleet attacking a planet. But instead of showing who the new villains are, it'll be like how it was in TESB opening, where we don't get see anyone in the ships.

7. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    A large starcruiser, a design we haven't seen before but reminiscent of Banking Clan ships from The Clone Wars, glides across the screen. It is being attacked by multiple fighters and is followed by a smaller starcruiser.
    A transport ship departs the second starcruiser and flies towards the first ship's hanger, dodging the laser fire.
    The transport lands in the docking bay and large group of pirates emerge. The pirates are made up of various species including Gran, Nikto, Weequay, Dug, Rodian, a couple of new species and of course Human.
    The pirates quickly overpower the onboard security forces, killing most of them but also taking a few prisoners, and take over the ship.
    The fighters retreat into the hanger of the smaller starcruiser, and then both of the larger ships jump into hyperspace.
    WIPE

It's basically a reversal of the opening scene to ANH.

Immortiss likes this.
  8. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    i think it will start in space, and then a little piece of alderon goes by

9. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Just going from JJ's Star Trek movies start sequences, I'm picking it is going to be action packed

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Yeah, but I hope it's not too flashy and fast paced where my head hurts.

JJ has got a way of doing too much on screen, especially with lense flares, where it's too much to process in the first viewing.

11. Palpatine's P.A.

Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2014
    Black space for a few seconds; the roar of engines; Falcon appears being chased by another ship/ships; intense chase sequence for a couple of minutes, but we don't get to see who is inside; Falcon crash lands on mysterious new planet; tense few seconds of stillness; hatch opens from damaged ship; out come our new heroes one by one; then, out come familiar faces of Han Solo, Leia and C3PO. (Maybe Chewie too).

Luke plus R2D2 off somewhere else for the time being.

12. Airseven

Airseven Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2013
    That opening sounds rather anti-climactic. I hope we don't see anything of the sort.

13. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    If you think about it, Tatooine would be the perfect place to train Jedi. No distractions, lots of hardship and no galactic politics. It's the ultimate place for survivor/Jedi camp and would work very well.

14. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Tattoine will feature, no doubt.

I would love an opening shot, however, of a completely different place throwing us right into the middle of AN ONGOING story just as ANH did where the characters are not immediatley main players but over time become more and more central.

15. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    That would only be the first 2 minutes of the movie. Then Luke could look at Han and Leia startled and says I sense your twins are in danger.After we see the twins who are not in danger but Luke's statement would
    let us know the action is about to start. Then the first action sequence would be with the new heroes, but episode 7 would start out with the old gang, as I think it should.

16. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I think the movie will start on a day when not much is happening

17. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    That will be tomorrow.

18. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    That would be today.

19. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    If the movie then panned to the falcon, and it proceeded to keep making the jump to light speed, in the same direction for two hours - where would we be then?

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  20. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

Leias_Left_Bun and Darth Punk like this.
  21. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I would hope the opening scene introduces us to the villain, like ANH did.

In retrospect, when you distance yourself from what you've known for ages and try to view ANH like seeing it for the first time, it has a pretty "What the hell is going on here, who are these guys, who's THAT guy" opening scene, in a very positive way. I hope that Episode 7 starts off in a similarly dynamic and engaging fashion.

22. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    Even the opening of TESB had a slight air of mystery when you see the Star Destroyer launching the probe droids. What are those things? Where are they going? What are they doing? It's not as much of a buildup as ANH, but it does add to the mystery.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I love trying to view the opening of ANH from that perspective. Trying to imagine how audiences felt in '77... even though I was there, I don't recall exactly since I was only three. :D

Immortiss and The Hellhammer like this.
  24. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    I was seven and I was scared senseless every time I saw those ships racing across the screen, laser bolts going back and forth even though I knew they were coming. I suspect it was a rush of excitement at knowing what was coming, but still, I wish I could experience that sense of excitement and expectation that only a child can truly experience.

Trebor Sabreon and Immortiss like this.
  25. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

I'd prefer an action-packed beginning. Somebody trying to kill or capture Luke, or Han and Leia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.