main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Heaven is for Real

Discussion in 'Community' started by I Are The Internets, Apr 15, 2014.

1. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I don't claim to know more than they do, else I would have written up equations and stuff to back my stance up. That's just not my area of expertise. However, God created the universe, and I believe that He told us how it all works in the Bible. I think it's important to not only show the evidence, but also all the ways that evidence can be interpreted. If, after seeing all sides and reviewing the evidence, if you still say that the earth revolves around the sun, then fine. All the power to you. It's just like if I'm talking to someone from a different denomination, who worships the same God I do in a different way, a way that doesn't make sense to me. That's just between them and God. I can impart the way I see it, but I can't force my worldview on them.

2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    So where is your evidence that the sun revolves around the Earth?

And if you have none, then why do you take such an irrational stance about the nature of our solar system?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    He posted in in the stabbing thread.

How many threads must this conversation take over before you take it to the ****ing thunderdome? :p

4. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    THUNDERDOME THUNDERDOME

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  5. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Some of the evidence that convinced me I've posted. Others are out on the internet. One is a video demonstration of how the celestial sphere rotates around one axis, not two as would be expected if the earth were tilted 23.5° to the ecliptic, i.e. it rotated around the north-south axis every day, but it doesn't make a rotation around the 23.5° mark every year.

In the book of Acts, Peter says "We ought to obey God rather than men." If a number of gifted men say one thing about the universe, but the Bible, which I believe to be the inspired word of God, says another, I'm going to choose the Bible, because I believe God knows exactly how He created the universe.

6. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    So, willful ignorance. Got it.

7. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    If that's really all you took out of that, then yes. I know there's a deceiver running rampant, and I choose not to listen to him.

8. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    If you think there is a deceiver out there to convince you that the Earth revolving around the sun is a lie, then you are even more deluded than I thought. So sad.

9. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The Bible was written by men. ( Whether or not they were gifted writers of fiction is up to the reader to decide. )

10. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    True, isn't Peter a man? I guess you shouldn't obey him when he says to obey your god.

11. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Hey, if Satan can take earth out of its special place right in the center of the universe, that detracts from the glory of God, which is his first priority.

EDIT: The Bible has proven itself as more than just an ordinary book written by men many times over. The Infinity Bible Code that Al Neal discovered is proof enough, but there's so much more! It boggles the mind how many layers there are, and how well they all agree with one another.

12. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Based on what I've seen of your posting in this thread an others...no you don't. If it comes from the Bible you absolutely take it at face value and don't think for yourself.

13. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    And again, the Earth isn't the center of the universe. It isn't the center of our galaxy. It isn't even the center of our solar system. It must be tough being so wrong all the time.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh. Hell. [face_rofl]

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    That's not what "proven" means.

16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Which version of the Bible are you referring to?

17. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I guess you didn't get the joke and reference. That's alright, Star Trek V IS a pretty terrible, nigh unwatchable movie but one that still manages to have quotable lines.

Like for instance, when Kirk asks an alien entity pretending to be a god (if not The GOD) after the entity asks to be taken offworld in the Enterprise " Why does God need a starship?". So I ask you, why would a spiritual, "all-powerful" entity that's an aspect of your Creator need a damn horse, be it white, black or rainbow-multicolored?

CloneUncleOwen likes this.
  18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Wait... so the heliocentric model was created by Satan? Did I read that correctly?

19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008

Oh my god, this what be what divine revelation feels like.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  20. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Um, yah, I think that's pretty much what he posted.

21. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Welcome to last week. Satan is behind everything bad in the world. Heliocentrism? Satan. Fluoride? Satan. Restaurant getting your order wrong? Satan.

22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Somebody summon Arlol back here. He's got to meet this kid.

23. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006

24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Also, somebody call Michael Barkun and tell him he was spot on.

25. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    IT'S TIME FOR YOU ALL TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WAS RIGHT TO LOCK UP GALILEO AFTER ALL.

V-2 and anakinfansince1983 like this.