main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012

I'm not saying that anything should be off limits, just that it's odd that the vast, vast majority of speculation is either Plagueis, because of a single name drop, or a student of Luke's, because it fits the pattern. I'd think that, if anything, the big bad wouldn't be an evil Force user because we've had six films with that setup.

To add my own speculation, I have the feeling the villain could be someone/some thing that would try to wipe out Force users (or the Force in general) given the damage their conflicts cause to the galaxy at large. Something different for the franchise, that can tie into the generational story that all but writes itself.

purplerain likes this.
  2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Who's the Baddie? "A new kind of threat." Talk about a complete lack of imagination.:p

3. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Some here think that "it isn't Star Wars" unless you rehash every single location and plot point.

The interesting thing about Plagueis is that when TPM was first released, many belieed Sidious to be Palpatine's future master.
    I love this idea. It's Force-users who always fall to the dark side and it was a Force-user who was behind the Invasion of Naboo, the Clone Wars, and the rise of the Empire.

To those who think non-Force-users aren't a threat to Force-users, Vader's comment about underestimating the power of The Force wasn't about destructive power.

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013

Immortiss and plaidphoenix like this.
  5. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    I'm a bit perplexed with regards to the principal villain of the new trilogy. It probably won't be some kind of non-force wielding enemy given that would move the series further into Star Trek territory, but I can't see 'Dark Jedi' really making the cut as engaging enemies throughout. Darth Plagueis seems feasible.

Darkslayer and Immortiss like this.
  6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I'd love to see a non Force sensitive secondary villain kick some serious ass, either in an Imperial commander sort of role or just... plain punching people and stuff. In fact, any kind of Mandalorian / Trooper type of character beating the everliving crap out of a Force user is something I always enjoy, for some reason.

Oh and Arch Stanton Welcome to the boards :)

7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Welcome to the boards.

I'm not opposed to Plagueis, but I think muun's look stoopid

8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    There was a rather scary looking 3D render of Plagueis floating around here. I had a hard time imagining a Muun not looking silly, but that render really shows it can be done.

EDIT -- In fact, here is the said render. Found by Darth Chiznuk , not known who made the render itself.

[​IMG]

9. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Maybe they can draw some inspiration for a main villain from Exorcist III.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  10. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013

11. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Plagueis may have changed the shape of his body since Palpatine "killed" him. Maybe they'll even ditch the idea that he was ever a Muun and instead reveal that he was a member of Yoda's species.

12. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008

Fate Of The Jedi were the latest novels in the Luke Skywalker era. Nightsisters were captured by a lost tribe of sith inhabiting a planet and assimilated in their culture.

13. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Could the villain be Moraband itself? Could Moraband be a living being that has lured people (and aliens) to the dark side throughout the millenia?

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, like a giant evil potato. [face_devil]

15. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Nightmare fuel. With sour cream and chives.

16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    And bacon bits. Evil bacon bits.

17. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Bacon bits are the new midichlorians

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    His bacon bits count is off the charts.

19. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Don't give Disney any ideas! :p

[​IMG]

On a serious note though it's not a bad concept, where else were you wanting to go with that?

plaidphoenix and Dra--- like this.
  20. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Maybe Moraband has a plan to turn every living being to the dark side and the ST will end with Moraband's destruction?

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Honestly that would be cool. Almost NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, would see that coming.

purplerain and Dra--- like this.
  22. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    uh Plegious is dead. How could he be the villian?? Or did we switch to rebels now?

23. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Take it away Immortiss

24. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    There are 12,900 posts in this thread. Approx 12,000 of them will provide a clear & thorough explanation of Plagueis for you ;)

25. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    The irony of this statement is that before TPM was released, even Vader and Palpatine were referred to as "Dark Jedi". However, I believe you are referring to fallen Jedi and I agree that they would be lame.
    My favorite Star Trek moment is the Battle of Yavin and my favorite Star Trek characters are the Stormtroopers. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.