main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It might be possible for people who enjoyed TCW to also enjoy Rebels.

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Anyone know if Disney will make the Eps available on iTunes or DVD ever? And before you ask, yes I saw them on Netflix, but I like the 2 formats I mentioned better.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I dunno if its possible for people who really enjoyed TCW to really enjoy Rebels. Gotta watch it first. For those of us who really enjoyed TCW that sets the bar pretty high. I hope I'll love Rebels as well and I'll finally get another action cartoon to watch.

Ya know, one of the thing I admire about Filoni is how connected he is with the fans. That's very unique. I get the sense that while he did occasionally troll fans they were going hate some at the end of the day he is very fan oriented, will give fans service, and want to please use. He may be far more invested in Rebels because the OT is more his thing. But I think Filoni is just the kind of guy whose always going to leave fans with the hope and he's delivered on some occasions. I think that's where alot of the hope TCW could be completed sooner and in animation form comes from. I think this was what makes it worth campaigning.

I agree that it does look like the PT era is getting shelved for a while in favor of OT in the ramp up for the ST and because yeah that's the best card to draw if you want to make alot of many and build up the audience for the ST.The pendulum will swing back someday because for the kids who grew up with the PT that's what's going to be nostalgic when they hit their late 30s, 40s.. TCW will eventually be nostalgic was well, not just to SW fans but to kids who just happen grow up with it much like how I'm nostalgic of the old Nickelodeon Tomorrow People show but have never bothered with anything else carrying that title including the other. Don't care.

Disney seems to be finally waking up to nostalgia with a few of there new project including what looks like a Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers movie that's going to be like a knife twisted in my childhood I'm sure. Maybe TCW won't sit on the shelf forever.

hlc88 and Watto like this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This. I may have missed some discussion, but I didn't realize "TCW vs. Rebels" was really even a thing. Seems kind of silly to be drawing lines at this point, IMO.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I agree its to early for verse battles. But there is nothing wrong with me stating that for me Rebels has alot of live up to. Its also going to probably end up battling Nostalgia blindness with TCW. That's where TCW came first and there for its automatically better just like TCW battled it with the Genndy Clone Wars. Really these shows may turn out to be battles to oranges. Just because they are both action cartoon, with one of the same guys working on them, both with Star Wars titles doesn't mean TCW and Rebels will end up having alot in common.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, there's definitely nothing wrong with you stating that Rebels has a lot to live up to. I may not have always loved TCW, but that is definitely true... Rebels does have a lot to live up to. I was more agreeing with anakinfansince1983 than I was disagreeing with you. ;)

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    This. I said it a year ago when we were pushing #SaveTheCloneWars, and many folks said "don't bother asking for anything, TCW is cancelled." Well, we got the Yoda arc completed which wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the campaign, Filoni and team confirmed this. They released this arc, the other Lost Missions, and the entire series on Netflix because we proved there is a passionate fanbase and that TCW deserves a chance for a continued life on Netflix. Filoni is not shutting the door on this because there is a chance for more episodes, and for TCW characters to show up again. There is also a chance as TaradosGon noted that we may have to wait a while for more TCW characters to show up in content... or we may not get anything before the apocalypse. But as a huge fan of the show I'd prefer to be optimistic, keep telling friends and family to check it out on Netflix, and hope for some future episodes/arcs/movies in TCW universe. Why not put out some positive energy? It worked before.

In the meantime, we have an extra long story arc called "Rebels" to look forward to and it should be really cool. So no bad vibes from me on that one, I look forward to seeing the good stuff Filoni and crew continue to produce.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

That will be a thing for many of us for sure!

9. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    No, it isn't! Bring it on:

Champion!
    There once was a show about clones.
    Lucas made it, but now Disney owns.
    We got Fisto and Mace,
    Ani in Clovis' face,
    "But where was my guy!?!" Tikkes-fan moans.

Contender!
    Rebels is now in the works.
    Zeb seems cool, and I like Chopper's quirks.
    Bring on Hera, Sabine,
    "Ezra"? What might have been...
    But, all told, a fine bunch of young Turks.

EDIT: Yes, I made SW limericks at 3:30am. Insomnia: it's not pretty, kids!

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Epic rhymes!

I can be like that... TIKKEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssss....
    Thanks for the shout-out... :p

TIKKES FOREVER!!!!!

11. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

This! They have acknowledged that the fans passion for the show helped give us more episodes. And they have also very recently acknowledged that Disney and Kennedy are behind TCW whereas before they probably were not since they did not know how good the show was. Now they do. Yes, we have Rebels coming, but TCW does deserve a continued life on Netflix... We may have to wait for a while but there are positive signs that point to it that the show could be continued and gone back to, later on. There is no harm in letting them know our continued interest. I for one would rather they knew then not say something. A few fans words could change a decision. There have clearly been more talks about the show's future, otherwise Filoni would not have implicated as such.

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    To be completely honest I would be very surprised if I like Rebels as much as TCW. Based on everything we know the show will be of infinitely smaller scope. TCW made my eyes bulge of out of my head and my jaw hit the floor enough times to fill a WOT...almost entirely in ways that will be completely off the table of possibility for Rebels. I'm really looking forward to it and I think it can be a great show, but I just don't see it doing as much with saga characters, the Jedi/Sith rivalry, the nature of the Force, and big unanswered questions of the saga as TCW so for me that will basically make it impossible for it to be as good. But I could be wrong, and no one will be happier than me if they surprise me and wind up showing, for example, more about Sith and/or Jedi training and overall Force philosophy or more "third party" Force users than TCW.

QuangoFett, Seerow, hlc88 and 2 others like this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm actually hoping Rebels avoids "nature of the Force" and "big unanswered questions" episodes.

I did enjoy the large scope in early seasons of TCW, with a different prequel-era character getting the focus in each episode. But if Rebels has good character development and character interaction, I'm fine with a narrower focus. And speaking only for myself, I won't ask "Why the hell are they on Lothal again?" the way I asked "Why the hell are they on Felucia again?", because I'm going into this expecting them to be on Lothal again.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The galaxy is more than just Jedi vs. Sith. Show that! The galaxy is not at full out war but is on the verge of it. I'll be ticked if it is like TCW. Events are happening, yes but it shouldn't be TCW level events. Lothal will probably be the main base so to speak. Felucia, once would be fine. Don't over do it on any known planet.
    The KOTOR comics is sort of what I'm expecting.

podjazd and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Interesting new interview with Filoni on the "Wolfpack podcast" i got this link from Jedinews.co.uk. He goes into a lot more of the "beyond Season 6" questions that Jimmy Mac did not ask him:

"...we talk about the latest Season of Star Wars The Clone Wars, and take a look back at past seasons. Dave tells us a lot of great answers to questions the Star Wars community have been wondering about, such as "How would Ahsoka and Bo Katan work together? And "Is Barriss Offee still alive? We also talk a little bit about the upcoming Star Wars Rebels, and Star Wars Weekends..."

16. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Indeed. It reminds me of Transformers fans who refused to give Prime a chance because Transformers Animated got cancelled.

It's almost like a lot of TCW fans want SWR to fail. I also get a sense that some PT fans want the ST to fail. As if that'll somehow validate their opinions or something. It's a really petty attitude to have and I wish those fans would stop.

17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I agree, i don't like that attitude. Is it because if those shows/movies are successful, people feel they won't return to the Clone wars characters/material?

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't know that that's it, although I personally feel that era's market has been over saturated.

I think it goes back to the decade-long PT/OT rivalry, with the trilogies having different tones and many aspects of TCW taking more of the PT's tone. Plus we got the Disney buyout and the sense that Abrams wants to return to the OT's style with the ST.

The initial word about Rebels is that it purports to be more along the OT's style.

So I think, in some circles, it could be seen as a victory for TCW/PT/Lucas in his later career if SWR doesn't do as well.

Just my theory, and I hope I'm wrong.

19. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I beg to differ. I have a hard time believing in some fan conspiracy.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  20. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't think many want any future ventures to fail. I think some are wary of what's likely to come because of how they perceive prior experiences with the franchise.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    As I'm sure you will agree, there is no monolithic box labelled "fans."

I won't speak for Heero_Yuy but it's possible that he's going by fan commentary that he's read, as I have. And "some fans want SWR to fail" is not the same as "all fans want SWR to fail."

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    When I was a kid I hated Star Trek on principle without having watched any of it because I perceived a rivalry between it any my precious Star Wars for Force knows what reason. I didn't wind up giving it a shot till I was 17 or 18.

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Who said anything about a, "fan conspiracy?" As AFS said, I'm drawing conclusions based on what I've read in this forum and others at TF.N that indicates a bitterness in some. Whether it's brought on be fears that the PT is being swept under the rug or perhaps it's fears for the EU. Whatever the reason, it comes off as rather childish. Especially when you haven't seen the SWR or ST yet.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    While I don't think TCW fans want Rebels to fail (some of them might maybe), I do think they might not give it as fair a shot as they did with TCW since it isn't TCW.

25. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I'm going to have to make time to listen to this...