main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is it tomorrow yet? (now with sideburns!)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Brain poop.

The Hellhammer and TKT like this.
  2. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I'm getting the feeling that when the news comes, it'll come in a boat load and will fry our brains.

Mystery Roach and Satipo like this.
  3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Are you basing this on the reaction to a glimpse of at-at foot?

Mystery Roach likes this.
  4. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    In the spirit of this thread, I'm currently watching Episode II on mute with the audio track of Episode I playing in the background. I thoroughly recommend it, it's hilariously surreal.

The synchronicity is quite intriguing, and Zam Wessell's dying words - 'hello, boyos' - made me lol.

Obi-Wan asking Captain Typho 'Are you an angel?' while they both awkwardly stare off into the distance is classic.

5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
  6. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    plaidphoenix likes this.
  7. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Sounds wonderful. Keep us posted with any other ditties like that.

TKT likes this.
  8. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Did somebody say t- oh wait nevermind

Palpatine2016 likes this.
  9. Lando Swarm

Aug 9, 2013
    It just cut to Obi-Wan surveying the racks of clone embryos on Kamino, upon which he commented:
    'I didn't actually come here to free slaves.' Lucas, I bow to your genius.

Padme to Anakin in the field on Naboo: 'Ani, it's bedtime! Come on, I'm not going to tell you again!'

Anakin trying to seduce Padme at the fireside by describing a series of podracing contestants and then farting is another fine dramatic moment.

The podrace section is quite strange, it comes off as Anakin having a PTSD fueled nightmare and awakening to uncontrollable flashbacks of engine noise and explosions.

10. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    WOW! I need to try that some time. Sounds hilarious. [face_laugh]

Darkslayer and TKT like this.
  11. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    Brilliant.

Darkslayer and TKT like this.
  12. Lando Swarm

Aug 9, 2013
    Due to the different pacing of the two films, there are quite a few slow paced dialogue scenes which are accompanied by a soundtrack of frantic space battles and lightsaber fights. It's as if the characters are standing helplessly by, paralyzed by confusion and terror, as a terrible conflict takes place just off screen.

Shmi Skywalker's dying speech was a fiery piece of political rhetoric, and strangely tragic - 'The Republic is not what it once was. The Senate is fully of greedy, squabbling delegates.'

With her dying breath, Shmi tells Anakin 'There is no interest in the common good.' Haunting.

'Master Qui-Gon, sir, I don't want to be a problem,' a shackled and slowly rotating Obi-Wan tells Count Dooku, as Dooku paces his private chamber. 'You won't be, Ani,' Dooku confidently assures his captive, proceeding to tell him about midichlorians.These two have a pretty twisted master-apprentice relationship.The climax of the scene comes when Dooku screams 'Weeesa going hoooooooome!' with great enthusiasm.

R2-D2's dramatic 'NOOOOOOOO!' as he arrived at the fallen body of C-3PO was quite touching. Thankfully R2 was able to reattach his head.

The celebration music at the end of TPM accompanied the scene of Anakin and Obi-Wan arguing about Padme having fallen out of the ship. The two of them singing 'lalalalala' at each other with expressions of rage and disgust on their faces was quite amusing.

And now TPM is in the credits, and the Dooku/Ani/Obi fight is happening to the tune of Duel of the Fates. An unexpected bonus.

Well, that was fun. I was able to appreciate the cinematography and sound design of II and I respectively in a new light. I'll watch the other 5 films in a similar fashion soon.

13. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I'm actually thinking about watching TPM with the ROTJ soundtrack now! :D

Mystery Roach, Palpatine2016 and TKT like this.
  14. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013

I'm not too hot with math but there is what, 30 possible audio/visual combinations possible with the saga as it currently stands?

EDIT: As a side note, I have a VAST collection of foreign films (mostly post-war Japanese films i.e; Ozu, Mizoguchi, Kurosawa etc. etc. all the greats) all spread over several terabytes on my computer(s) and from time to time dragged and dropped soft subtitles files from one film to another to a bizarre, uncanny, hilarious and sometimes disturbing effect. A very similar kind of amusement as what you have discovered and not unlike those endless waves of funny, angry "Der Untergang" Hitler re-subtitled clips.

TKT and The Hellhammer like this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Have you ever been blessed to sit through Attack of the Clones with the Spanish overdubs? Yoda's voice is unbelievable. My favorite moment in the entire franchise instantly became:
    "Maestro Yoda!"
    "Conde Dooku!"

leiamoody, Darkslayer, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  16. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    For ROTS, I have a similar fascination with switching to Spanish whenever the Sith appear onscreen...

Nerdgasm every time.

17. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Amazing
    How did you ever think to do this?

Kind of like watching new movies with the color turned all the way down, so they're black and white.

TKT likes this.
  18. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Anyone else think Karen Gillans hair will be used as a wig for Chewie? I hear male pattern baldness is a pretty bad problem among Wookies.

Darth Punk likes this.
  19. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Sometimes I think Christopher Nolan and JJ Abrams are in a non-stop battle to see who can out Mystery Box the other. Nolan might be winning since Interstellar comes out this year and we've barely gotten anything.

20. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    What if they're crossing over the 2 properties? Luke is just minding his own business on Tattooine and a giant wormhole opens up and Matthew McConaughey walks out, "Alriiiight, time to get my tan on."

T-R-, Darth Claire and Darkslayer like this.
  21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    My initial reaction: This is possibly my favorite post on this forum, I can't believe someone came up with a way to completely reinvent these movies that is this good!

My next reaction: JJ, LoOK WHAT YOU HAVE REDUCED US TOO!!!!!!!!!!

TKT and PrincessKenobi like this.
  22. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I now know how I am going to spend my Easter.

23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I am in tears.

TKT likes this.
  24. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I finally succumbed to looking into what JJ's mystery box is all about. Turns out, he has our best interests at heart. Has anyone seen this?

25. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I'm hoping for no news today. Since we have a four-day holiday it would be the perfect day to release bad news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkslayer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.