main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. OdRevus

OdRevus Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2008
    REALLY dig the possibilities that could span from the Tri-War idea.

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
  3. Losaand-Vreste

Losaand-Vreste Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2014
    Well, considering the interest in The Triple War, I shall make an OOC/Discussion thread for it.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Please don't, actually; OOC threads are not allowed until the game in question is up and running.

5. OdRevus

May 16, 2008
    This is not so much asking if anyone would be interested in joining, but more a matter of if anyone would be interested in starting a new RP that seems like it would require some brain cells to play. I'd be happy to co-GM, or just help with concept building, but ultimately I know I wouldn't be able to handle a full on GM position.

I'd love to start something in the realm of A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones), the Fallout video games, or even Star Wars if the concept was interesting enough. I've also been toying with the idea of an RP about supers, but that's something I know requires very intricate planning or else it gets really stupid REALLY fast.

Ultimately, I'd love to join an already existing one, some of them look pretty interesting, but I like to be informed about what I'm jumping into in that case and most of them here carry a LOT of baggage that I'm not so sure I could catch up on. I'm just trying to get back into writing outside of lyrics.

6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So for ASOIAF there's War of Kings, which is about as close as you can get since GRRM's fan fiction policy would require me to lock any games outright set in that universe. For the others you might have to get the ball rolling yourself.

OdRevus likes this.
  7. OdRevus

May 16, 2008
    Is War of Kings cool to join at this point? It seemed to be pretty far advanced into whatever plot you all were working towards. Haha, I had no idea that he had imposed such a policy on his stuff. Glad you let me know!

8. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    I did mention a while back about starting up a game set in Middle-earth. I am now in a position to start working on the storyline to it. Before I start, though, I would like to know what kind of game people would be interested in playing.

There are three time frames I am looking at and they are all in the Third Age:

• 2270 - 2941 The game could cover the time from when Erebor was taken by Smaug to the Hobbit. (Ridiculously long time-frame, I know, but there are lots of things which happen to the dwarves during that time and I thought it would be interesting to do it.)
    • Events during and after the Hobbit (this one, I think might be the least interesting to do because it would probably follow too closely to the book/film.
    • During the War of the Ring - we are familiar with what happens with the Fellowship, Rohan and Gondor. I recently found out that there was war in the area around Dale and Erebor and thought it would make a good game because it wasn't touched upon much in the book (it is mentioned in the appendices, but other than that, it's not touched upon. (And it will leave it open, I think to the most types of characters people would be able to play.)
    To keep things interesting, the game would have to be AU.

Would people want to play original characters or canon, or a mixture of both? It is important for me to know that because I want to know if the canons who die in the book are alive or not.

I did get a copy of The One Ring source book a few weeks ago, and I am thinking of using it to base character creation, etc, on. However, it is a dice system but it's not a d20 one so I will only be using it for inspiration. (You can get pdfs of it, but it is quite expensive for people to get hold of, even the pdf - I got the physical book)

9. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    There has been new players joining War of Kings recently OdRevus Why not private message the GM spycoder9 ? :) I'm sure he can help you out

OdRevus likes this.
  10. OdRevus

May 16, 2008
    We're shooting messages back and forth as I type this. Thank you! ;)

11. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Hope to see you soon. :)

OdRevus likes this.
  12. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I second Isotope. :)

OdRevus likes this.
  13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Triple it OdRevs ;)

I am a simple Dwarf, any of those era's would be good by me for a Middle Earth RP

OdRevus likes this.
  14. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    I love the Dwarves but I have an elf character I want to use. :p

15. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    I'm sure we can fit an elf character in. If we do option 3, there would be plenty of scope for characters other than dwarves.The other races which could be done are:

There are two races of men - Bardings (which are the men of Dale)
    - Beornings and Woodmen (Their leader is (or was) Beorn, according to the source book. They may or may not have the ability to shape-shift. I shall have to look that up.

The Elves of Mirkwood

Hobbits. (I'm not sure what a hobbit would be doing Dale, but it would make for an interesting back ground character.

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  16. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    So, I recently gave this idea of doing one more game some thought and one genre especially grabbed my attention lately . . . not that it is so unlike what I co-GMed last . . . but anyway:

Would anybody be interested in a contemporary set conspiracy-thriller game? Ordinary people confronted with some dangerous, reality-altering secrets about . . . their everydays life?

Winged_Jedi likes this.
  17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It would depend on the conspiracy, I guess. For most of them - yeah, sure. But I am burned out on lizard people. :p

18. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Well, it is not much of a conspiracy-mystery, if I shout out the conspiracy before it begins, is it? But I can assure you, you can leave the lizard-people up there without any spoiler warning. I want to do fiction, not a game about well known realities of our world and it's rulers. :p

Ramza likes this.
  19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Wait. . .there are lizard men? :eek:

I guess I have recovered enough from my last journey.

20. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I would be very interested. Surprise!

21. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Hey, LT. Good to see you back.

22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Put down one more in the "interested, but maybe sort of depends on the particular setting/conspiracy" list.

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Hey Sirak! Great to see you about. . .might you be looking for interest as well? [face_batting]

24. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Constantly lurking ... I was always a Player and therefore ... I would like to play in something, before I GM something ... but sooner or later I might play with a few ideas here and hope you have a look then, Mitth :)

25. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I have been pushing back and forth ideas for a while now, wondering what game I could do to end my run as a GM and retire to gaming. My Star Wars Timetravel game kinda fell apart when they got confused what is Star Wars nowadays. Other ideas I had never came thorugh. Now recently I have one which doesn't let me go . . . it is non-StarWars and hell this might be the wrong place for it, but then again people thought the same about my last three games . . .

A pychological horror-game set entirely inside an Asylum. The Game probably called ASYLUM. 4-6 players who are all inmates (and probably one who is a Doctor, actually; maybe one guard, too). I won't spoil much about the game, only that it will be a wild ride.

Anyone interested?