main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    6. What is your favorite SW book and favorite non SW book? Hmm...It would have to be an X-Wing book. They're all good. Probably SoA. :D Kenobi was well overdue. That was good. I'm a sucker for anything historical or historically based. The Odyssey, The Histories, etc.

7. So your an X-wing fan, who's your favorite pilot in the book series and why? Wedge of course. The quiet hero who can hang with the best, even Jedi. What's not to like. :p Tycho is also great. The last book really made me a fan of Piggy too.

8. What is your favorite non Star Wars movie? That's a hard one. The Avengers ranks right up there.

9. If you could buy any car what type of car would you buy? (year, model, color) A 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator. A nice navy blue with black or maybe white racing stripes. Yes please!!

10. What TV shows do you watch, which is your favorite? I have always been a fan of the Trek shows. DS9 was my favorite. ;) I've also enjoyed Stargate SG-1 , Stargate Atlantis, Babylon 5, and yes I know it could be corny at times, but I also was a fan of Highlander the series. Right now, I have been watching shows like Grimm, FaceOff, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D., Once Upon a Time and so on. I guess a good mixture of Sci-Fi and Fantasy with some other stuff too.

What else you got? :p

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    He's confident, I'll give him that........maybe too confident? :p LOL

3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    11. What appeals to you so much about Obi-Wan?
    12. Did you like the way he was portrayed as a younger Jedi and Padawan in the Prequel films?
    13. If you could have dinner with Obi-Wan Kenobi what would you ask him?
    14. What is your favorite memory in life? (SW or non SW, you chose)
    15. What would you be willing to give up in RL in order to fly a real live x-wing just once?

And now my portion of the test is over. Once CrazyOldHermit has answered these questions the floor is open!

4. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    11. What appeals to you so much about Obi-Wan? He is perhaps the most well rounded Jedi of all time. He isn't the most powerful, the best with a blade or Force powers, but he is more consistent and well rounded than any other I can think of. Soft-spoken most of the time until pushed and then he is not a man you want coming after you. All these things are great, but I suppose what appeals the most is he's willing to do whatever it takes to make things better and right. Fighting and trying to kill Vader (his best friend at that point), going into isolation to watch over Luke, all the while having little to no contact with other people for a very long time, sacrificing himself years later to give Luke and Leia a chance to escape. He didn't compromise his principles no matter how hard it was.

12. Did you like the way he was portrayed as a younger Jedi and Padawan in the Prequel films? I did like it. I think McGregor was perfect for the part. We got to see very little of Kenobi in the original trilogy and I think he did a great job in the Prequels with the portrayal and kept it consistent with what we already knew of him.

13. If you could have dinner with Obi-Wan Kenobi what would you ask him? You were checking Annileen out, weren't you? ;) Pass the nerf, please. :p Honestly, I don't know. I think I would be happy to just learn some life lessons from him.

14. What is your favorite memory in life? (SW or non SW, you chose) That would have to be two memories actually. My marriage and the birth of my son. Yeah, I'm a softie. :D

15. What would you be willing to give up in RL in order to fly a real live x-wing just once? Nothing really. I'm afraid of heights. [face_laugh]

Runjedirun likes this.
  5. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Okay, here's a question:

What's it like being e-bro to the awesomest person on JCF? :p

Less silly, are there other Jedi than Obi-wan you admire? Why?

CrazyOldHermit and Runjedirun like this.
  6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    My question? Do you miss our 'pilot RPG's '?

CrazyOldHermit and Runjedirun like this.
  7. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007

Well, it's .....awesome. :p[:D]

Luke would be one. Bringing back the Order was an enormous undertaking, and I think he's done a great job. Plus he's Luke.

Qui-Gon is another. Another Jedi who didn't compromise his convictions much to the chagrin of the Council.

Yoda. Dark Rendezvous made me appreciate him even more. He's like the silly old uncle who will pull your spinal column out if you're not careful. :pThe Jedi are his family and he loves them dearly. To see so much devastation throughout his life, and never lose his compassion and sense of humor is great.

8. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007

Yes. :_|

9. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I know what you mean about Annileen :p The direction things could have gone… oh well. Wedge is pretty awesome too.

Ah yes, questions...

Did you get to see all of Stargate Universe + thoughts?

If there was a 'spinoff' film on Kenobi, who would you feel be great for the role if they couldn't get Ewan back?

Runjedirun likes this.
  10. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007

I never did get to see any of Universe. One of many series I've missed.

I guess I could get used to someone other than Ewan, but they would need to be really careful about who they chose or it could be really horrible.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    All are welcome to continue asking CrazyOldHermit questions for the next several days. Interviews will continue with Adalia-Durron in about a week.

I will be absent from the internet beginning Sunday morning until Wednesday evening. So I figure it's best to start up again when I get back.

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    You'll be perfectly fine, Addie. :p

Not sure if I can ask more as I've already asked by two but I do want to add that for when you do get to see SGU, Hermit, to watch it all the way through. I know some gave up after 3 or 4 episodes because it isn't the same formula but there are concepts that appear later in the season and the way it develops are definitely worth seeing.

CrazyOldHermit likes this.
  14. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I liked the premise of Universe, the idea of a Stargate address for a specific location not based on the current point of origin, and Destiny's mission to figure out the background signal of the universe, but I couldn't keep watching it because it was too edgy.

15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm back! Adalia-Durron you're up!

1. What brought you to the EUC?
    2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?
    3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII?
    4. What is it that makes Kyp Durron so special that you took his last name in creating your screen name?
    5. Since coming here I have seen many of the costumes you have designed. What was the first costume you every made? And what's your favorite costume design to date?

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome back!

I was a member of a SW Fan Club here and it 'broke down' due to infighting....I missed the interaction with fellow SW Fans and started looking on line... the rest is history!

I was 11 years old in May 1977 when I lined up with a friend and her mother in the city for 3 hours to see the most anticipated movie ever!!!! I saw it five more times over the coming weeks......it's was in my blood then.

Kyp Durron! Like DERR!?!?!?! :p:rolleyes:

He's a Rebel, a real one with no real cause anymore! He locks horns with the establishment and isn't afraid too do so! And he a bit roguish looking.....and what red blooded woman doesn't need a rogue in her life? ;)

My first costume? How far back are we going? I made Magenta from Rocky Horror at 15......Made a Prince and Princess for my husbands 21st? Started making my own dance costumes around 16....SW Costume? I made Padme's Parade gown 15 years ago, before that I made my first set of Jedi Robes.....so you gotta be more specific with that one ;)

Next?

17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

I meant first ever. So it sounds like Magenta from Rocky Horror was your first. You have been making costumes for a long time! That's awesome :)

You want more? I got more ;)
    5b. To date what is your favorite of all the costumes you have made?
    6. What is your favorite scene in a SW movie?
    7. What is your favorite EU book?
    8. What is your favorite non SW movie?
    9. What is your absolute favorite chocolate bar/candy?
    10. What are some Australian sterotypes of Americans? (for example to you think we eat hot dogs and apple pie all day everyday?)

18. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Honestly, I already feel like I know way too much about this "Adalia-Durron"...and I have no one to blame, but myself. :(

:D

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

I love my X Wing, its one I look forward to wearing. But I made a costume of 'water' for my daughter when she was 5, loved that one!

Tatooine Sunset.....and any X Wing scene! :D

Courtship of Princess Leia for some sick reason.....but do love Starfighters..that book rocked!

Robin Hood - Men in Tights! :p

Tropical Pineapple Cream - Cadbury of course.

Loud? And lots of fried food in eateries. When I was there it was difficult in tourist areas to find fresh fruit and vegetables, especially in Orlando. When we hit Washington I found a sandwich place that had all fresh food and I stood in line with the people at lunch time to have a ham salad sandwich!! I will remember that sandwich for the rest of my life, it was awesome! I did find most Americans very friendly, especially when they heard our accents. ;)

20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    This is very interesting. I especially love your answer to # 10. I often find myself at sit down restaurants just so I can have a salad. Fast food joints have salads come and go but I'm nervous to eat anything at those places. I am entirely too picky :p

Here's your last set of questions Adalia-Durron after this others get a turn to ask you some :)

11. What would you be willing to give up in RL in order to fly a real live x-wing just once?
    12. If you were to have dinner with Kyp Durron what questions would you ask him?
    13. I know you love your pets, would you consider having an Ewok if you could?
    14. If Kyp Durron is in Episode VII who would you want to play his role?
    15. What got you interested in Archery, how often do you shoot?

Thanks so much for volunteering :)

21. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    You are a quite a gifted asker of questions Runner. Well done. =D=

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    My husband? Can I do that? Oh, ok....my SW Collection! :D

Ummmm......can I say that here? How about 'Come up to my place, let me show my etchings....' ;)

Ewoks are smart, too smart....so no. It'd be like having a 5 year old around forever...

[​IMG]
    Taylor Kitsch [face_love] [face_love]

My dad used to shoot, both my brothers were state champions, but as a teenager I thought it was very 'so not me!'. Then three years ago (30 years later) my son was looking for a sport and asked me about Archery. It was then I mentioned his Uncles were state champions in their teens and his Grand Father over saw the arrangements for the Archery for the 2000 Sydney Olympics. H was so excited then! So I took him down to Dad's old club and signed him up for the training course. After a year of watching him (as he was under 12 at that point), I thought..."I can do this! Would give me a reason to be here!!" So I did the training course!! Every Saturday when I can, in the Summer, some Tuesday nights as well. Wish I could shoot more, but safety and health regulations say you can't shoot in the back yard ;)\

No problem, it's been fun! Now, who wants to know what? :D

23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Was learning fletching or whatever the make thy own bow stuff worthy of your time? And would you recommend it and archery to others as a good repast?

Follow up question: What Star Wars critter would you like as a pet if you could have one? P.S. Kyp doesn't count :p

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Would Kyp be counted as a critter? :confused: Ah, disregard that question.

If there was any place in this and out of this world that you could go to visit/live, where would you pick?

What are you looking forward to in regards to the future of Star Wars?

Runjedirun likes this.
  25. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Same as Hermit, what's it like being e-mum to the awesomest person on the JCF? :p

You've been both a Jedi and a Sith, who do you admire most from each (in-universe) group? Why?

If there was one thing you could change in the EU, what would it be?

Ooh, another: what's your best memory from being a mod?

Sent from my X-wing via R2-J6

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.