main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthTunick , Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Which is why he was a perfect choice to mod this forum.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    BATASTROPHE '14 - Day 3: "...and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a flying mouse...":

It was a quiet day inside wall manor. Almost too quiet. It was a particularly hot day which, historically, would have any of our residents in a constant state of agitation and movement about, as they attempt to reach lower, cooler floors of our their house. The removal nets have not been set up as the new front door has yet to be determined, so the only logical conclusion we can draw about their not seeming to be home is that they were taking advantage of the nice weather. It is perfectly logical, if you think about...
    [​IMG]
    If you have lived with bats, you would understand. While we spent the better part of our day in abject horror, wondering when the next random bit of noise or heavy thud would come from beyond the walls, this family of selfish batstards were out, all...

[​IMG]
    "Summer lovin'... havin' a blast..."

Meanwhile, we were all huddled in terror in the emotional prison that used to be our house. We finally resolved ourselves that we are in the throes of complete and utter bat-PTSD. Do bats live inside the walls of our house... or do we live inside the walls of theirs...? As midnight drew near, we settled in for bed, wondering if an entire day without bativity meant the removal crew had actually blocked them. And, then they came home. And, bats can hang far more than we can... they spent their night after a long wonderful day of frolicking sitting about engaged in a loud, lengthy discussion about everything they had seen and done while we had no choice but to listen. It's only sad that we couldn't understand a single word of what they said. But, it sounds like they had a great time.

3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    In obvious contrast with Chorus' housing issues, I've got some good news on that front. Apparently, in a few months we'll be moving to a new and much better apartment. Quite excited :D

4. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

oddly beautiful

5. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Chorus, hopefully your bat problem is resolved soon...but in the meantime reading your updates is so much fun. You ought to write a book about your experiences: 'Summer of the Bats' and 'Summer of the Bats' part 2! ;)

Meanwhile, here's an update on the housing situation out here; both inspection and appraisal have gone off without a hitch so there is now a 99% chance we'll be moving early next month. Bigger house and quieter neighborhood...but isolated and troublesome when it comes to little things like gas (we'd be on propane), a fence around the enormous yard, and Internet.

Time to start packing. [face_sigh]

6. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008

Congrats! But packing is the worst. Do not envy you there. My wife and I just renewed our lease for our current apartment, so we're staying put for a bit.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    David Tennant is 43!

8. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Congrats to him - he's totally outlived Elvis

9. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    A bat got stuck in my mothers house once. Apparently it flew inside via an opened window, landed on a vase, then went inside the vase and got stuck. She called me to get it out as she wouldn't go near it. Of course when I brought it outside and tipped the vase over so it could crawl out, I swear it flew into the air, circled around, and tried to kill me in a dive.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    BATASTROPHE '14 - Day 4: "Bat Appreciation Day"... No... really...

War! Our home is crumbling under attacks by the ruthless Bat Lord, Count Guano. There is lack of sleep on both sides. Noise is everywhere.

In a stunning move, I moved my entire drum kit into our bedroom and set it up facing the wall, with the kick drum directly up against the wall and began playing quads and fills while riding the crash cymbal bell in heavy repetition for a long, long time. In between extended speed metal metering, I would listen for Mr. Bat attempting to shuffle to a more restful location elsewhere... where I would greet him with merciless hand drummed hip hop beats on the wall. For 2 hours, I did everything I could possibly think of to make this house a place of unrivaled misery and discomfort for the bat family before they bother to procreate and then the real noise begins.
    [​IMG]
    After much bat-cursing being hurled toward me from the other side of the wall, I played the time equivalent of In A Gadda Da Vida on the drums and then opted for a more healthful alternative. I sat across from the wall and played a fun game of wall ball with myself, ricocheting a tennis ball off the wall in various spots. I considered getting out my bootknife and just randomly stabbing into the wall. And, then I took a break and decided to browse the interwebs. We are members of the Philadelphia Zoo and they regularly send out alerts with info. Today was "Bat Appreciation Day". [face_plain]

11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    All of this would make for a lovely episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

12. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    If you look anything like your picture, it may have been trying to snog you?

13. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Been raining here for three days straight... and I'm enjoying it, to be honest. I'm in the stay-at-home mood, reading and watching tons of stuff. A great cozy feeling.

14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Completed Rose to Time of the Doctor for Doctor Who.
    Time for The Unearthly Child and the 1st Doctor.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Unearthly Child is a great episode. The best of the Hartnell years is Dalek Invasion of Earth with Arkytoir/Susan's fate and what was a much more substantial budget to work with.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Watched the unaired pilot episode of AUC. Most interesting. Now to do the televised version. Sounds like its going to be one heck of a ride. Can't wait to see the 1st appearance/origin of the Daleks.

17. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    weekend plans, everyone? (aside from excommunicating bats from your homes, that is)

18. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Tomorrow: celebrating my dog's 6th birthday, complete with dog-friendly cake! :p
    Sunday: Celebrating Easter, complete with church services, baskets, and probably some kind of special dinner.

19. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I was supposed to join my family in Cyprus last Wednesday, but had to cancel because of work, so instead I get to stay home, and clean out the garage.

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

I'm going to my aunt's house later today to help color Easter eggs with my cousins... I'm not exactly thrilled about it. :p Beyond that, aside from doing JC stuff, my weekend's an open book.

Went mini golfing last night, and despite finishing last, I did notch my lowest score ever... 63! Weeeeeeeeeee.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  21. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    My fantasy football (soccerball to most of you) team needs a little open-heart surgery before the transfer deadline in 50mins. After that, it's bacon sandwich, cup of tea, and then over to the garage for some manual labour.

Straw poll - are all women pack rats or just the ones I know?

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Which football league?

23. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com

English Premier

Are you involved in any fantasy leagues/sports?

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I play a (daily) fantasy baseball game via MLB.com, but that's the extent of it.

[​IMG]

It's such a maddening game, because (obviously) there's always going to be hits on every day of the baseball schedule/season (162 games!), but it's so damn difficult to get a decent streak going. The longest I had was 27 in '07... haven't been able to reach that mark since, even with the new double-down rule (pick two players on a single day, and if they both get hits, the streak goes up 2 games) that was introduced last year. :p

GGrievous likes this.
  25. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Like that prize money. Might have to give it a spin, you know how us complete noobies clean up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.