main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've been watching this on Hulu and I'm on season three. The Jeff/Annie stuff has already started.

I'm not big on 'ships but the show is getting better all the time.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Community has always been good about ships, giving them a proper balance against the rest of the show's elements. Even Jeff/Dean has gone in a variety of directions. :p

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    [​IMG]
    I love Nasa picture of the day.

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    That's...spooky, honestly. [face_laugh]

MercenaryAce likes this.
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    On that note, I should be getting my hands on an iPad soon and will be able to read the color version of Age of Bronze.

AdmiralNick22 -- at Philly for the first time in 15 years and BB-62 is right outside my hotel! Beautiful!

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oho? Hadn't realised Shanower had decided to both colour it and release in web form. My personal view is his art looks better in B&W, but if a colour web version gets it a bigger audience so be it!

EDIT: Doubt the web version will have the bibliography the trades have too.

Regardless of however you read it, hope you enjoy it.

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I want so badly to say "that's no moon," but I can't because it is a moon, specifically our moon. "That's our moon" doesn't sound right. Aaaarrrrgh tempting joke... ruined. D:

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I don't know if he colors it or whomever is distributing it. I don't mind black and white but i hate clutter so I prefer to purchase digitally whenever possible. Sadly AoB is only purchase able via iPad so I haven't been able to do so until now.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    One thing: Don't rush through the eps too quick, I've no idea when the Betrayal 3C trade will come out.

10. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004

Now that you've said it I recall the AoA Nightcrawler stuff in more detail.

I didn't know Dark Beast had shown up at the end of Astonishing X-Men.

I think the character of Dark Beast has been overused for some time, so I hope it's not him, but I also don't really see the real Henry McCoy as being behind everything either.

PAD's X-Factor is, unsurprisingly, very good and it'll be interesting to see where he takes those characters. The latest X-Force is yet another attempt to make Cable work as well as putting into canon another mass loss of life disaster that gets blamed on mutants as the driving force behind these characters being together. I liked the Dennis Hopeless version of the team better, and I'm about to drop it if it doesn't go anywhere soon.

Between real life controversies and weak storylines I'm about to drop Wood's X-Men, but Bendis has been doing a solid job, and Deadpool has indeed become a surprisingly strong character in the Marvel U as well as his own books.

It took me a bit to warm up to Uncanny Avengers, but I'm quite enjoying it, along with Hickman's Avengers work. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

There's not much from DC that even makes me raise an eyebrow...I'll get Snyder and Tomasi's Batbooks in trade when they come out, but that's it.

The bulk of my comic reading is Image and Dark Horse at the moment.

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't really see the similarity

12. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
  13. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    *Cue BB theme--Smacks fist to hand* "For them." =D=

14. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Yes, Jeff/Dean has gone in a lot of directions. Most of them creepy. At least recently it got a lot better, and their interaction in Advanced Advanced Dungeons and Dragons was hilarious.

@ the Nasa Picture: Our moon is defenseless, they have no weapons!

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Finished Dresden Files Book 6..... Oh hell, now that's a family bombshell all right, in more ways than one. Great stuff. The series is a masterclass in combining ongoing storylines with an episodic structure.

16. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
  17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    You know it's a slow night when the highlight of your evening is the part where a drunk insists you look like She-Ra.

s65horsey, RC-1991, Revanfan1 and 4 others like this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    So I just got back from a wedding that I decided to attend at the last second, despite never having met the supposed relative who was getting married. Nobody died though, so the Dothraki would have considered it a dull affair.

(the groom totally wore a sword though, which was kind of awesome)

s65horsey, Ulicus and Revanfan1 like this.
  19. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hope it was enjoyable, GrandAdmiralJello. Always fun to have an excuse to get all dolled up (at least IMHO). :)

Was the groom a Marine, or was the sword more of a costuming thing? (And I wonder whether a Marine bride would wear a sword at her wedding, with a wedding dress? That would be rather awesome.)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I want to wear a lightsaber on my belt to my wedding. The fiancé in this fiction may have something to say about that, though.

21. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Such as, perhaps, "...or are you just happy to see me"? ;)

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Don't be too sure about that or that your fictitious scenario will remain merely fiction!

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Neither. Traditional type of thing.

And yeah, I don't know what marine brides do. I know men in the services wear uniforms -- I would think that a sword would go better with a uniform, but I'm not sure if I've ever heard of a bride in uniform since the dress tends to be a very popular part of the whole wedding business.

And I certainly agree that it's fun getting dressed up, but sometimes it gets old when it happens all the time.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    One of my friends who went to the Naval Academy recently got married, and while he was in uniform, his wife (also from the Academy) wore a regular wedding dress. I'll have to dig through FB pics, but I don't think he wore a sword, though IIRC they got a military sendoff from guys in full regalia, swords included.

25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Well, sure, though given how many decades it's been since the "dressing for dinner" era ended, what is it that causes dressing up to "happen all the time" for you? Just lots of special events happening all at once, or is it required by your everyday line of work? (Just out of curiosity. :) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.