main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was referring to the character intros. Sorry for any confusion.

2. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
    Ah, ok.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The clip was really good. Glad to see Tie Fighters again.
    Theme was interesting.

4. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Y'know, one thing I really like about the animation style, it's so similar to real life movements. I say that as I screencapped it, and just like in live action things, there are a bunch of screencaps that are just derp faced. lol

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Erik_B

Erik_B Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 11, 2014
    It might be supposed to work with a voice over. So you get the opening fanfare, then an announcer introduces this weeks story.

Cause the clone wars theme proper is only about 16 seconds, then drops to being backing for the announcer.

6. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    If they go the announcer route this time. Part of me doesn't feel it would work with this show. I mean, the announcer for the show was like a news correspondent recounting the latest efforts on the war front. I'm not sure a imperial news correspondent would be all up-playing rebel activities. Though that's just me. Personally I never liked the announcer thing.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I think the theme is awesome and will work without narration. Especially if it's a typical show theme song, where it shows random clips with each character doing awesome things. If it's the kind of thing like TCW's opening, where they change with every episode, then it might need narration. But if it's a true theme song a la Young Justice, it should be awesome.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  8. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Hey Revanfan1, where'd you get those Kanan and Hera renders in your avi? I haven't seen those.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I see your edit that you found it but I already pasted it into the box. :p

[​IMG]

10. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Lol, thanks anyway. :)

Am I the only one who really wants that book? Chopper saves the day. A book staring Chopper? I want that, hell yeah. :)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I know a girl who's 18 but still reads kids books like that. I may join her for this one. [face_laugh]

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I dunno, the "stickers inside" part is kind of a turnoff. :p

That said...I was cleaning out my kids' books and saved a TCW one called "Watch Out for Jabba the Hutt."

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I remember seeing that one in the store one time. I had a massive headache, my mom was getting groceries so we'd be there about an hour, so I read it. 'Course I was about 14 at the time, but still. :p

14. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Why? Stickers are awesome!

"Watch Out for Jabba the Hutt"? First thing that came to mind upon reading that title was that it's a warning about a sexual predator. lol. I'm weird, ignore me.

TKT and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Oh my god, check out this concept art of Hera. Wow, she looks just a bit silly. Look at the chunky little Twi'lek, haha.
    [​IMG]

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I like the vibe that clip gives. And cool to see how much of a fan Kiner is.

In other news, we have some of our first Rebels cosplay on our hands:

[​IMG]

17. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    That clip is great. I also hadn't seen any of the character introduction videos, so I just binged all of those. Needless to say, I'm super stoked for Rebels.

Dra--- likes this.
  18. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Here's a good cosplay pic of Sabine.
    [​IMG]
    I really wanna find all the cosplay pics of them from the con, but I've hit a wall.

19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Am I the only one who sees a difference in quality when looking at Kanan side by side with Hera. Her model looks much better and less cartoony compared to Kanan.... then again this is from the cover of a sticker book which doesn't help.

20. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I noticed that in the teaser trailer too. From an animation stand point, Hera's model looked the best out of the group IMO.

21. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    It's nice to be posting in this thread again for what seems like the longest time, since we have something new to actually discuss!

While there's admittedly only so much one can glean from a single clip lasting less than a minute, I could say that I very much enjoyed the animation style they're taking with Rebels. It's distinct enough from TCW, generally more smoother-looking, but still appears to have the same sort of animation quality that I very much appreciated from the later seasons of TCW. Also, the clip was rather light-hearted and humorous, even though the crew was obviously in the midst of a dangerous battle for their lives. It's very much evocative of the OT, particularly ANH, as has been noted time and time again by the show's producers. Hera looks like she'll be a very likeable character, with plenty of wit but at the same time serving her role as the crew's glue very well. I admit that I found Chopper quite enjoyable in this clip too, far moreso than in the introductory video we got of him first. I can't wait to see more clips, though, especially of the other key characters of the Ghost.

In short, I'm just happy to see some new stuff to discuss with Rebels and most definitely enjoyed the all-too-brief clip!

Also, the new Rebels theme opening sounds good, evocative of the main theme but still quite distinctive, and I like it leagues more than the opener for TCW. I guess we have a bit of an answer to this thread now (nice to have the Search function working again, when it wasn't working I ragequitted the boards for a little while, j/k :p).

22. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    That clip was very good! It had that nice OT fastpaced story/humor, but it didn't go into "Yipee! Got one!" Hera doesn't make a big deal over the fact she got a TIE fighter, she moves on and keeps on flying/fighting.

Also, Chopper was pretty funny. I hope we get clips of some of the other characters during Star Wars Weekends and maybe even a screening of an episode at Comic-Con (I'm mostly hoping this since I will be there. [face_whistling])

All around, this has increased my hope/love for this show even more. The theme sounds great. It has it's own feel, yet that kick of Star Wars at the end. It's great to know we will have a theme. TV shows are lacking in those now adays.

Revanfan1 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  23. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    I hope they show more too, we know something will be shown on May 4th, or it's been implied something will anyway. lol

But yeah, I don't know if you've ever been to the main Comic-Con before, but really, don't go into it completely believing you'll get into the screening, if there is one. Those panels and screenings at comic con get packed so fast, you'd have to get on line 10 hours before hand to be sure to get in. Or at least that was my experience the year I went. Now I stick to smaller cons.

Revanfan1 and credar like this.
  24. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I've been going to Comic-Con for 4 years now (This being my 5th year.) I have gotten the system down. Knowing that this is Star Wars and a big new show, I have an idea of which rooms it will probably be in. I also usually end up hoping in a panel or two before, more if they interest me. Last year, I literally spent all day in Ballroom 20 on Friday. I was 3 rows from the front by the end of the day. Plus, it is a semi-tradition to show the pilot of a new show at Comic-Con, though even if they aren't, it still will probably be a good (hypothetical) panel.

Don't worry SabineFett. I got this covered.
    [​IMG]

25. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    Re: the character models on the book cover, I don't really care what they look like standing still, to be honest. The product I care about is the show, in which they will be moving. Maybe throwing the Rebels models up on the screen and examining them as still images will reveal that there are some disparities. But I want them to be the models that will make good animation first. good still images decidedly second. If that means fudging some details that look "off" in the stills, so be it. Lots of characters made for animation look strange in still images: no neck, eyes/ears visible or hidden at odd angles, huge Pac-Man mouths, etc. Even flesh-and-blood actors can look derpy in a promotional image or screencap.

If they work when animated by pros and imbued with voices, that's all I care about.

Revanfan1 likes this.