main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Casting Rumors 2.0 - Nothing but casting rumors... or else.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mavjade , Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    No, just bat flavoured edible Yoda's

No that's probably the after party.

Nonetheless, this all sounds rather promising

Fivemorrows it is then...

2. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Most of all I just want to see that girls fingernails so I know I was right. #priorities

3. LordGarthNader

LordGarthNader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012

[​IMG]

4. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    LordGarthNader likes this.
  5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Yes. Why do you ask..zzzzzzzzzzzz

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Juke Skywalker and Darth Punk like this.
  6. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I doubt they expect a roomful of execs to all stay quiet. My guess is this breakfast gives the execs a few-hours head start on the news before an afternoon release of some sort to the public.

Darth Chiznuk and Lurknomore like this.
  7. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Can JJ fly a chopper?

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  8. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Oh no...

I hope Chewie can duck.

9. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012

I tend to believe it too, but I've just been hurt so many times in the past. :_|

10. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I´m surprised people is not debating this. This can really be the day:

• Disney will host a Star Wars executive breakfast this Thursday, April 24th.
    • George Lucas will be in attendance.
    • Classic cast members will be in attendance (we have no names).
    • The VIP event will be for about 100 people.
    • The menu will be Star Wars themed (edible characters, Yoda was mentioned).
    • Only top executives from Disney are attending.

11. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    That's my question as well. Too many of these dates have come and gone with zero announcements for me to bite hook, line and sinker on this until it comes from more official channels.

If this is true, I can't imagine what other purpose it could have but to reveal some heretofore unconfirmed details; casting, shooting locations, title (though I highly doubt the latter). Lucas is really only a figurehead at this point, and not someone who ever relished these sorts of corporate get-togethers even when he had a stake in it. I can't imagine him showing up to something like this unless it were to announce something major. He has several billion reasons not to need a free breakfast.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  12. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I've been reading that site a while they are pretty good about just reporting and not making outlandish claims or posting spy reports. Waiting for some kind of confirmation either from another site or the images they promise we'll know soon enough if this is legit but thought it was worth sharing. If this isn't the big announce the only other things I can think of are announcing new attractions, lands, or even separate Disney theme parks. The other thing is there were rumors earlier that all 6 movies would be back in theaters and Jedinews posted Amazon doing preorders for all 6 movies in 3D on bluray today. Maybe some combo of all of these things could be announced we'll see, hurry up proof.
    EDIT: They posted what look like guides for the caterers to plate the food hah hope they have more than that soon.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Who knows for sure, but looks like a good bet as any so far, so fingers crossed. At some point they will make announcements, and that moment only gets more likely as we get closer to filming. It's in everyone's interests to make a big deal of this at some point, but pinch of salt as ever, as there's no point getting hopes too high in case this isn't the day.

14. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    What is weird of thar report is the fact that they talk about Lucas and not JJ. Although it's probably because JJ is filming and Lucas is the perfect ambassador.

15. SnaggletoothPaste

SnaggletoothPaste Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 19, 2002
    We may not find out anything about Ep.7 or the cast, but I guess we now know what rich people eat for breakfast...:p

16. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Also, I guess these days there's nothing to stop them doing some kind of video message/ link up to London if they wanted to. Of course, they may not want to, or this may just be a nice breakfast for George and the Disney mob with no announcements of any kind.

EDIT: that's assuming the report is legit of course - I agree with others that that site is not into running stuff unless they have good reason to, but something about those pics seems off to me (maybe that's good reason to believe them though).

17. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I bet we'll at least get a nice picture of the old cast members and hopefully Mark with a beard(fingers crossed). While this secrecy is a pain right now, when the movie is coming out it will be a blessing. We'll get a few trailers but nothing spoilerish. I want to go in the theatre as fresh as possible and if there are as little leaks as possible the better. I am incapable of staying off the internet and waiting, I'm just hardwired to want to know everything.

Satipo likes this.
  18. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013

19. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    This breakfast thing seems legit.But keep your expectations low guys,how many times in the last year have we thought "THIS IS IT".

20. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Uncle George and the OT cast are importante enough to justify higher expectations than with other events like Disney financial results.

21. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Maybe, but it's probably wiser at this stage to keep expectations grounded.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  22. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Indeed. Far too many dates have been hyped up as D-Day of announcements of any sort. Still I hope we do get something :)

Satipo likes this.
  23. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Thursday: "Welcome everyone. I hope you all enjoyed your breakfast. So down to business. I'm pleased to announce Episode VII..."My Left Foot, an AT-AT's Story!"

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  24. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Yeah I believe we will get the OT actors announcement,but don't be shocked if that is it,maybe even just the big 3 with no Tony Daniels or Peter Mayhew.People expecting them to give us alot all at once obviously don't know how Lucasfilm does things.

25. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

STARRING: One Eroding AT-AT foot, R2-D2, maybe Chewbacca, and a wig of long red locks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.