main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Crime in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Punk , Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Crime, and criminal elements have always been a recurring feature in Star Wars. There are criminal organisations like The Hutt's, and individual scoundrels like Han, and with crimes themselves ranging from trespassing to infanticide and genocide.

Is there any crime that's too heinous to feature in Episode VII? Does crime even have to feature? Does anybody have a crime or criminal they'd like to see (or not) in the upcoming film?

Note: obviously, be mindful not to make light of crimes of certain sexual, and violent natures, a quick refresher of the rules can be found here:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/rules-of-the-jedi-council-forums.27141421/

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    That is a layer of the Star Wars universe I've always found very interesting and would really enjoy to see it play a part in the ST. I'm pretty sure some sort of criminals or criminal overlords will be featured, and personally I would love a visit to Nal Hutta and/or Nar Shaddaa. A Hutt crimelord who maybe helps our heroes for his own ends?

However, I'm also pretty sure that any sort of criminal orginzations or individuals in ST will play a supporting role. I am very much hoping that they explore the gritty underworld in a live action series at one point, as was indicated they were planning to do.

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I don't think we'll see sexual violence in the new SW.

4. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Darth_Pevra Total agreement. It doesn't need it, I wouldn't want it

5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I do love the criminal underworld aspect of the Star Wars universe, but I think with Boba Fett and Han Solo stand alone films likely, we'll see the primary focus on it there and not in Ep. VII.

Darth Punk likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Breaking News: Episode VII to revolve around who pick-pocketed Luke's lightsaber! :p

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    We will see something along the lines of the Black Sun organization or some other spin off of the Hutt's cartel

Dra--- likes this.
  8. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    This is why I'm so upset that "Star Wars 1313" wasn't released. I felt like it was going to be probably one of the biggest "Crime" oriented stories told in the Star Wars universe in awhile. It's going to be interesting to see what Crime elements are introduced in the ST as well as the animated series "Rebels".

[​IMG]

HL&S and my kind of scum like this.
  9. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    "You pawned... a Skywalker lightsaber? It was priceless."
    "Not on Nar Shaddaa it ain't. On Nar Shaddaa I got 250 credits for it."

10. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I'd really like to see something take place in the lower levels of Coruscant, maybe have Luke having a running battle through the underworld and various petty criminals getting in his way.

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'll start by saying I'm one of those fans who likes to think that Boba Fett survived the Sarlacc, and if this is something the films make true for us, then I could see him maybe having some small part to play in the new trilogy (though if history holds, maybe not until Episode VIII). I'll also submit that by the time of the ST, I think the guy should have moved quite beyond bounty hunting.

With this I mind, I've said before that I'd like to see Boba show up in the ST in a minor role, maybe as leader of the Mandalorians, maybe as a kind of crime kingpin.

Either way, I'd have Han approach Fett, extend an olive branch and convince his former enemy to contribute resources in the fight against whatever menace the story gives us.

Even without Fett in the picture, though, just showing Han (and/or Lando) reaching back through the years and touching on his criminal past to help the good guys of today in some way sounds good to me.

12. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I'd love to see Boba Fett again, but I'm pretty sure there would be quite a lot of people crying "Fanservice!" ...which I don't actually get since basically the entire ST is one huge fanservice to begin with, hah... and nothing wrong with pleasing the fans. If such a thing is indeed possible.

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yeah, I know, right?

"Fanservice"? Aw, hell, as long as the character/storyline/picture is quality, who really cares? I mean, if you don't enjoy the character to begin with? That's one thing. I can see someone saying "I don't like x,y or z, so I'm not pining to see them."

Or if the execution is found wanting? That's obviously a legit gripe.

But to say "Oh, they're only in the movie because people like them"? Well, so what? What's so wrong with including a character just because some fans want to see him or her?

Again, just make it work.

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well we already had two corrupt governments as The Big Bad (or really just one that was "reorganized" into another one) maybe the overriding galaxy-running threat in the ST is crime has become rampant across all the worlds and the heroes have to restore the republic one planet at a time. Basically Luke is like Robocop. On a galatic scale. He even already has a mechanical hand!

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Criminal Underworld better be seen in the ST in some fashion.

purplerain likes this.
  16. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    What I don't understand is how Jabba got to be so powerful... "Hey you! Do things for me! Or I'll get this other guy to hurt you!". What's stopping them from just taking all his money and walking out the door... It's not like he could give chase, or physically harm them in any way. Unless Hutt's have some mental Jedi mind tricks of their own.

17. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I think it's the clan setup that creates the fear that gets more mobile crooks to do their bidding. In my opinion, they're like very ruthless and unethical businessmen, and if you cross them, they put a hit on you.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  18. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    I think Hutts, in general, are more agile and powerful then how Jabba is portrayed, at least in ROTJ where he's slothful and basically gone to pot. I mean, in ANH, he's moving around pretty easily on his own, so it's not unfair to think that in their prime, Hutts can in fact slap people around if they have to.

19. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    What I would like to see is Black Sun crime element. Maybe a Black Sun Vigo like General Grievous before the armor. (I forgot what his species was)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Force Smuggler likes this.
  20. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I'm being slightly pedantic, but in ANH Jabba was human

21. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    I guess it's a question of which version of ANH you're looking at.

Darth Punk likes this.
  22. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003

A form of sexual abuse is implied with the slave girls. That's as far as Star Wars should ever probably go.

Immortiss, Mystery Roach and Dra--- like this.
  23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think the closest we saw to sexual violence was Jabba licking slave Leia. But I don't think even something like that would fly past today's censors.

Mystery Roach and plaidphoenix like this.
  24. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Movies are fan service.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  25. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    To which another smuggler says, "Please, I got a cargo hold full of Skywalker lightsabers. I got blue blades, green blades, even a yellow blade..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.