main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Casting Rumors 2.0 - Nothing but casting rumors... or else.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mavjade , Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Don't forget the ingenue: aquamarine nail polish!

2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014

Unless, and this is baseless speculation, one of the reasons announcements have not been made so far is that they have been waiting to announce everyone in one go.

Lurknomore likes this.
  3. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I think your right Satipo but haven gone to Lucasfilm Panels/Conventions/Events since 1997 I've been disappointed more then get what was expected.I do hope we get the big whoop-dee-do with everyone but I will not be surprised if it's just a morsel.

Satipo likes this.
  4. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    No, I agree with you, just throwing ideas out there for debate. But still, at some point we have to get something, right?

Redfivee likes this.
  5. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I was just going to get really excited about it and then I remembered that on May the 4th last year on these very boards everyone was like 'oh, they just HAVE to make an announcement. It just wouldn't make sense otherwise!' and now it's nearly a year later and we still got nothing [face_laugh]

Darthsuggs, JainaSoloYJK and Satipo like this.
  6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I'd say the most we can expect is the full cast reveal. Way to early for subtitle (Revenge pf the Sith was reveal in July 2004, 9 months before the movie). Maybe, if we are lucky enough we can have a few lines describing the plot.

7. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Maybe its just a menu sampling of what will be served at Disney Parks themed resuraunts. :p Likely not but we can still hope the best tasting stuff will be served there.

Seems like the OT won't be filming that day... But maybe the new cast will be...

8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Is JJ going to be at the Breakfast meeting? If he isn't, then I would guess the likelihood of a cast announcement to be low.

9. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Let's say for the purpose of debate that the report is legit. You wouldn't think they would get 100 top execs, the old cast and George himself out unless it was for something fairly special, would you? As for JJ and any new cast members - there is zero reason they couldn't link up to some kind of video message from London if they wanted to - either recorded or live, is there?

10. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    ^Its possible. I was just raising a possible point.

11. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    True. It's all speculation anyway.

12. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

It could just be an exclusive breakfast for execs and top shareholders to lay out marketing and merchandising plans for the new trilogy, Rebels and future releases. I would not read too much into it.

Yancy

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  13. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I'm pretty sure JJ won't be physically available to have him. Shouldn't he be on London/location making sure everything is ready? That's why I think Lucas will be there.

If they don't announce something then I will confess I don't know what to expect anymore. I mean, GL, the OT, top Disney execs, SW menu THREE weeks before filming?

14. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014

Good point, but then we are closing in on filming. There will be an announcement of some sort within the next weeks, so it's not impossible is all I'm saying. But you are right. Probably am overthinking it.

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    You joke about it being something related to the Disney Parks, but it could be possible. They did announce a special Star Wars dining experience this year for Star Wars Weekends where guests will be able dine with their favorite characters. A Star Wars breakfast was one of the options being offered. A preview for the execs before they roll it out to the public perhaps?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

16. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    The only thing we don't know is if any press has been invited; if they have then there is certain to be some sort of announcement; but otherwise this is not an uncommon practice at Disney. Disney hosts lots of exec/stockholder breakfasts and luncheons to kick off projects or to make special internal presentations.

Yancy

Dewback and Satipo like this.
  17. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    However, Lucas, Disney and JJ have got to know the mental anxiety that has hit the Star Wars fanbase due to a lack of hard information. I cant imagine they would do something like this, getting everyone's hopes up only to smash it yet again. Or can they?

18. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Well, it's not Disney or LFL getting any hopes up with this. Seems like someone on the events/ catering side has potentially leaked something to the Making Star Wars site.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  19. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

If they bring in 100 top executives, George Lucas, AND original cast members just to showcase a new menu, I will just...

[​IMG]

Krueger, Luukeskywalker and Gallandro like this.
  20. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Well, if nothing else, the debating over whether to expect anything or not will get us another week closer to the start of pp.

21. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    I know a lot is being made of Lucas' presence here, but bear in mind, if this is a meeting of execs, Lucas is the 2nd biggest single shareholder in Disney. He owns over 37 million shares and a 2.1% stake in the company. Although he has filed for permission to sell his shares back in 2012 he has yet to do so. He gave away the $2 billion cash Disney gave him for the purchase to various charities, but he has held onto those shares as part of the sale. Even with Star Wars being his baby, he does have a vested financial interest in how the franchise performs.

Yancy

DarthBreezy and Satipo like this.
  22. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Well clearly they all listen to the head chef. :p

23. SnaggletoothPaste

SnaggletoothPaste Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 19, 2002
    I think it's not "100 top executives", but top executives and a "
    VIP event will be for about 100 people". Even though it's from the normally dodgy Jedi News, they report this:

Teresa Delgado is some fan blogger, and Dan Curto is a collecting guy formerly of Rebelscum, so it appears that fan websites will be represented among the "100 VIPs". The odd thing, maybe down to Jedi News' regularly poor writing, is the "in attendance from the Monday to the Wednesday" part. Do they mean "this Monday"?

24. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Yeah, some of the people who write for the site were visiting the Lucasfilm campus in San Francisco this week. This is sounding more like a marketing type event showing off upcoming plans to promote Star Wars in the months to come. I wouldn't even be surprised if there was not some special screening of some of the work done on Rebels. You would be inviting press like Hollywood Reporter or Variety to a big announcement, not fan bloggers.

Yancy

25. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    It could be a formality thing. No big announcement other than the official filming commencing announcement. Maybe a via satellite Abrams. EON does this sort of thing for Bond every time.

Satipo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.