main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It was never meant that she died. The series was written alongside the 2003 comics and Ventress was still alive in the comics. The series may have implied that she died but anyone who read the comics knew that she survived Yavin IV.

wmu'14 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  2. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah. Ventris' fall into the abyss in the Micro series was just a way to write her out of the story for those who were only watching the Films and CW so it'd be stand alone.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    IMO, the episodes featuring Jar Jar were really bad. Apart from the character being unimaginably annoying, the backstory of this episode was completely lacking in information. All of a sudden, we have these “monks” (I don’t actually remember how they were called) who seem to have a stronger connection to the living Force. How does that happen? Does that mean they are like the Jedi? Can they use the Force? Do they have the ability to foresee the future? Why aren’t the Jedi more afraid of them being turned to the Dark Side? Is there a Dark Side in their version of the Force?

So many holes and gaps I just watched the episode for the sake of watching it and moved on.

The one thing that I did really like was the visuals of the village in the desert, as well as those of the ritual.

P.S Did anyone else immediately thought of the Temple of Doom when they entered the “temple” that the monks were harvested in?

4. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    My bad I don't read the comics so I didn't know. How did she survive?

Yeah pretty cool reference there.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd be surprised if anyone who has seen Temple of Doom didn't think of it.

And yeah, it was cool.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    There's been Indy references since Season 1 (Ark of the Covenant and the Staff of Ra). I'd have been amazed if they didn't sneak in at least a subtle shout-out to IJ, so I was happy to see a blatant shout-out like that.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  7. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    I never took it that she died. I mean, if Maul can survive being cut in half, Luke can fall hundreds of feet down in ESB, and Vader can be burnt to a crisp and totally dismembered, a force user like Ventress can survive that kind of fall.

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Never explained, I don't believe. She just...survived. Kinda like Maul did, except without the lost limbs. :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    No body, they aren't dead.

Grievousdude and Revanfan1 like this.
  10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I imagine it'll only be a matter of time before Windu shows up in Rebels sporting a new mechanical hand. :p

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well if Mace Windu with mechanical arm can sell a couple action figures...

12. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011

[​IMG]

13. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

OH MY GOD! It better not be who I think this is

Seerow and Snail_L0ver69 like this.
  14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    >Mechanical forearm
    Someone needs to rewatch ROTS.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  15. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011

Lol, relax it's just a piece of fanart. A pretty darn hilarious one at that.

16. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    Ah..Ok Thank God for that. Having Mace Windu in Rebels would be beyond ridiculous.
    Anyway back to TCW;

The hyperspace codes that Tarkin and Piel were imprisoned for in the Citadel arc; Aren't those the codes that Greivous used in the beginning of ROTS to hyperspace that close to Coruscant?
    If yes, it provides an interesting story regarding Tarkin handing over the codes to Palpatine and he to Dooku. If Tarkin was not the one that handed over the codes, then how did Greivous managed to reach Coruscant?
    Is this explained somewhere? :p

Vader'sGoodHand likes this.
  17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    As much as I'd hate to see that in something that was supposed to be canon, I have to admit that picture is pretty bad ass, except for the maker forgetting how much of Mace's arm was chopped off as GGrievous pointed out.

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That is pretty damn badass actually...

19. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't think his arm is supposed to be cybernetic, he's just wearing a vambrace. If you look closely, you can see skin underneath and between the gaps of the vambrace and the actual cybernetic hand.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Zombie Mace.

The Walking Dead meets Star Wars?

21. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Something that always bugged me about TESB was how Luke had even more of his limb cut off after leaving Bespin.

[​IMG]

It's clearly just sliced off at the wrist, but on the Alliance medical vessel...

[​IMG]

The prosthesis extends partway up his forearm. Disturbing.

That fanfake Mace Windu (obviously just his head with Admiral Kilian's beard and Cut Lawquane's body) got off lightly. As has been pointed out, the join between natural flesh and prosthesis is where it should be. Not so with Luke's artificial hand...

22. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    If my hand gets cut off and a medical droid wants to give me a replacement that works as well as Luke's, it is welcome to trim the stump as much as it thinks is needed to get me fully armed and operational.

23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    yeah you have to open it up and get in there to attach the tendons and what not. part of that will have to be removed.

Dark Lord Tarkas and Iron_lord like this.
  24. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Just a quickie question, assuming any Netflix/Disney/Cartoon Network shenanigans do not get in the way, when do people think a DVD/Blu-Ray boxset of the complete The Clone Wars would be announced and/or released?

Thanks in advance.

25. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Anakin/Vader doesn't require more of his stumps trimmed for his prostheses to be attached.

Evidently the Rebel Alliance's medical technology is not as effective as that of the Jedi, Republic and Empire, synthflesh-covered prostheses aside. Either that or Luke's wound was infected by the conditions he was exposed to in the Cloud City ventilation tubes and Bespin atmosphere, thus requiring more amputation.