main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. CT-5555

CT-5555 Jedi Padawan

Mar 13, 2014
    Picked up Infamous: Second Son on release Friday. A lot of fun, and a great thirst-quencher to the very, very dry next-gen console releases lately. The graphics are ridiculous, especially the lighting and facial animations. Very good game so far.

2. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    inFamous: Second Son

Picked up a PS4 today, really enjoying the game and system so far.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Bioshock Infinite. It's...ok I guess. It's pretty, Elizabeth's pretty to look at and handy in many an encounter. But it lacks the atmosphere of Bioshock 1. That and I am already spoiled in quite a few details about it that probably have diminished the game's impact.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Lost Odyssey. I got to a point in RoF where it would've required far, far more grinding than I wanted to do to continue. So for now it's shelved, and instead I moved on to this, which is like the freaking Second Coming compared to the JRPGs I've been playing. Also playing some Etrian Odyssey on the side, but that's borderline S.O.P. for me these days.

5. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Just finished downloading the open beta of Hawken through Steam. Looms like an awesome mech game (free 2 play)

6. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Have had to suspend my playthrough of Borderlands as the online feature has been broken for the past days. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'm playing on PS3 and I don't know if the problem lies with the PSN or the servers of Gearbox (if indeed Gearbox are the ones running the servers). However, the PSN works fine with other games, which suggests to me that the problem is elsewhere.

7. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I'm still partway through Stick of Truth, Red Dead Redemption, and Arkham Origins. But Killer Instinct on the X1 keeps calling my name. I can't get enough and am extremely excited about the upcoming Fulgore and Arcade update. When I do find time to play that game, I literally play until the skin on my left thumb gets shredded away--which makes me wonder if the 360 controller is actually superior to the X1 controller. I don't remember Mortal Kombat 9 or Street Fighter 4 giving me the same almost-bleeding thumb issue. But it could also be because I play Killer Instinct a lot more than I ever did any of those games.

8. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    I am splitting my time currently with GTA5 and AC3...

On deck, AC: Black Flag and Arkham Origins....

9. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Am near the end of Borderlands, but jumped to the sequel a few days ago. It's a much more polished game, as you would expect from a sequel, but it also is MUCH better at storytelling than the first game. The first game, you had an opening cinematic, and then the game leaves you to yourself until you finish a story mission, after which you'll get a voice message. If you do a lot of side missions, you'll soon forget the entire reason you're there in the first place.

In this game, the characters you meet actually interact with the world. And through voice calls, many of them keep in touch with you from time to time throughout the game, including, hilariously, the main villain. There is also, on the whole, more recorded dialogue and less text, which has its upsides and downsides. It can be annoying trying to make out what is being said while in a gunfight, but overall, it makes for better immersion into the world of the game.

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    To my surprise, I'm still playing Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. I thought when I beat the game that I would be done with it, but I found that once I beat it actually took a lot of pressure off of me and now I've actually been having fun and going back to replay levels. I'm replaying each level to collect the K-O-N-G letters which is something you need to do in every level to unlock the temple level on each stage. Once you unlock the temple level, you get an orb for completing said level and once you collect all the orbs, it unlocks the final 9th level.

Fun, of course, is a relative term based on the level. There is one I played last night where you're in a cave and a giant bat is chasing you. He shoots laser beams at you while you're attempting to ride a rocket barrel to the end of the level. If you go up, the bat goes up. If you go down, the bat goes down. Of course, while dodging his lasers, you need to collect that final G to spell K-O-N-G which is near the bottom of the cave so you need to draw the bat upwards, drop to collect the G, while not crashing into the ground and not pulling back up to get hit in the back by a laser. I died 30-40 times and my rage was palpable. (Good thing I have 900+ banana coins. I simply just go buy more lives from Cranky.)

At this point I have 4 of 8 orbs collected. Will I collect the other four? Will I snap the game in half? Will I be dumb enough to buy Tropical Freeze in the future? Only time will tell.

11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I am trying - and failing - to get KOTOR 2 to work lol

12. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    My cousin introduced me to Borderlands 2, and I'm officially hooked. I don't think I've enjoyed a game this much since my first run on Uncharted 2.

Life likes this.
  13. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    South Park: The Stick of Truth
    Batman Arkham Origins
    The Mass Effect Trilogy (Halfway through ME2)
    Final Fantasy X/X2 HD
    Skyrim (always)

14. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    SWGemu and just started Monument Valley on my iPhone yesterday. MV is a freaking work of art.

15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Burial at Sea Ep. 2

16. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    "Loading.
    The Gunzerker skill "Sexual Tyrannosaurus" regenerates health upon taking damage. But hopefully you just saw the name and was like "I want that"."

Draconarius likes this.
  17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Lego The Hobbit for PS4

18. MiWa

MiWa Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2014
    I'm currently playing NBA 2k14 (mostly MyCareer) and Battlefield 4 on my PS4.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Will be starting the Definitive Edition of Tomb Raider soon

20. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Done with Datura. Will probably be splitting my time between Thomas Was Alone and Spec Ops: The Line going forward.

21. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I'm playing the DS version of Mario 64, since I never played it back when I actually had an N64. And oh my god, does this game make me angry.

22. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Slowly I am doing Fire Emblem: Awakening. One of my brothers gave me some tips so I am trying to do them before I get x far.

23. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Titanfall, BF4, Forza 5, and GTA Online. Having fun with all of them.

24. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I am still playing Skyrim, and generally loving it even more, especially once I realized that it is meant to be played on a HDTV not a SDTV. Though as with my first playthrough, I have still managed to encounter some issues, though they have only been limited to the Marked for Death/Drain Vitality bug and not knowing that Roggvir's Amulet of Talos wasn't worth the trouble.

25. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Done with Thomas Was Alone and found all the achievements. I installed Spec Ops, but somehow lost the will to play it. Now I'm mostly alternating between Borderlands (before GameSpy shuts down the online servers next month) and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. [face_dancing]I honestly can't recommend this game enough! I haven't played a kart racer this fun since MarioKart 64. Be sure to check it out.