main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Jan 7, 2014.

1. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    I was considering buying this, but with how in flux everything is in the EU, I think it would honestly be the equivalent to lighting my money on fire.

Honestly, I pretty much guarantee that whatever is in this comic series will be contradicted 45 times after a few of the new movies and tv series hit.

I'm sure Maul will get his own movie or something.

I feel relatively safe that they won't do too much to the Clone Wars tv series continuity, because I think they are mainly done with that time period; however, a character like Maul is too interesting for them to leave alone. Anything that appears in mediums like comics or books is suspect now. I just can't bring myself to get invested in the books or comics anymore knowing where they now rate in the eyes of the Mouse House.

TKT likes this.
  2. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011
    ^^^

Everything produced under Disney's ownership of the franchise is now on the same tier of canon so I'm fairly certain you won't have to worry about the comic's status.

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    And if we do get something like that, we know it came from a script GL himself personally had a hand in! =P~

By Lucas and Filoni. Wow, isn't that intriguing... So I'm thinking he doesn't die in these comics...

To me, something coming directly from GL is much more important than whether it winds up being part of some Disney canon somewhere down the line.

4. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Yeah, my guess is Maul would have continued as some sort of antagonist in a live action TV series had that ever gotten off the ground.

Yancy

5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I still believe we will see Maul on the silver screen.

6. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Could be... maybe one of the spinoffs. Maybe a Dark Times adventure and Maul could be one of the main villains.

Yancy

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  7. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I'm betting on it. Why? He is available and people dig him. A duel against Vader is any fanboy's wet dream. Etc.

LittleDefel and SithStarSlayer like this.
  8. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    So, we're uncertain that Clone Wars is still going to be canon based on the comments made yesterday about only the films being canon, but a comic book based entirely off of a tv show that may or may not be canon anymore, is going to be canon because it was produced under Disney's watch?

Sounds so silly when you type it or say it out loud. Easier to just sit all this stuff out.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So going by the information we have , this is how i think it's going to play out
    Part 1 : Haunted by visions of his brother and the voice of Mother Talzin asking him to contact her, Maul escapes the prison planet and visits Zanbar only to find a few still pro-Maul Death Watch soldiers. They explain the situation ( Civil War on Mandalore, Lom Pyke's death, Black Sun taking over the underworld). With this new information Maul travels to the Black Sun HQ on Ord Mantell to reclaim what ''rightfully'' belongs to him. Only to find that the Black Sun has betrayed him, a brief fight starts and Maul escapes.

Part 2 : Maul seeing as his Shadow Collective has been destroyed turns to Mother Talzin for help. She sends some ( But not all ) nightbrothers to help Maul. Maul comes up with a plan to launch multiple strikes on the CIS, then capture Count Dooku and turn him over to their cause, so Maul can use the CIS to have his revenge on Palpatine. As the attacks start Maul is challenged to a duel by Grievous ( whom he utterly defeats). Dooku then arrives at the scene and begins to battle Maul, Dooku is later captured and brought to Maul's ship.

Part 3 : Maul and Mother Talzin ( Through a hologram ) begins their attempts to bring Dooku to their side, by telling him stories about Maul's apprenticeship under Sidious. Dooku declines an alliance, but before Maul can even attempt to murder the Count. An elite Jedi strike force that has been tracking Dooku arrives to arrest them. The leader of this force is Eeth Koth,Master Koth is later and the rest of the Jedi is killed by Maul and his Nightbrothers. But in the confusion Dooku escapes, With Dooku gone and most of his men dead Maul now has no choice but to retreat and go into hiding, for this reason he decides to travel to Dathomir. Dooku contacts Sidious and reveals to him that the one helping Maul was Mother Talzin ( as it is revealed that Sidious let Maul escape so he could discover the identity of Maul's benefactor, Dooku's capture was therefore also a ploy ). Sidious commands Dooku to return to Serenno,while he will deal with the problem himself.

Part 4 : Maul arrives at Dathomir to find Mother Talzin in the Nightsister temple ruins, She later explains that they have prepare for battle as the spirits has told her that ''The Dark One'' ( Sidious ) approaches. Maul begins to question Mother Talzin's motivations however as he suspects that she is just using him for unknown purposes. Sidious lands in the Nightbrother village and slaughter every single one of the Nightbrothers. Maul and his forces along with Mother Talzin arrives at the now burning Nightbrother Village and begins to battle Sidious. They are however no match for Sidious (expect for Talzin) and they are all defeated. Sidious begins to battle Talzin and in the battle all of her plans are revealed ( the ritual in The Disappeared purpose was to power up Talzin so she could defeat Sidious, She used Maul so he could lead Sidious to Dathomir. She would then absorb the Living Force out of Sidious and with her new powers control Maul and his Shadow Collective ). Maul now realizing that he and Savage were pawns in Talzin's game, attacks her in rage and kills her. After this he attack Sidious with all of his rage. But Sidious still defeats him. Seeing as Maul no longer has any purpose to him, Sidious beheads him and leaves.

10. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Lom Pyke is in the Yoda ARC and the Yoda ARC is after Darth Maul arc because Yoda arc has Adi Gallia as a ghost.

11. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    1.Yes Adi dies in the shadow conspiracy arc but this is the Son of Dathomir arc and we can presume that some time must have passed between The Lawless and Part 1 of Son of Dathomir,which means this can take place after the Yoda arc
    2. Anyone own Star Wars Insider 149 ? i heard that some things about Son of Dathomir is mentioned there.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Didn't Pablo say that only the movies and tv shows count, anyway? So, how does this comic series fit in, then?

13. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    It's just as canon as the rest of TCW as it's made directly from official story concepts and notes.

Also, there will be some SoD convention variants.

14. princethomas

princethomas Jedi Master star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Heres how I think this will play out. The comics will be a good and interesting arc, but will not kill Maul.

We will get Rebels this fall and we will meet The Inquisitor, some 14 years or so after ROTS.

Then a few years down the road we will get an Obi-Wan Kenobi standalone film that takes place a few years after ROTS. I think that film is the one sorta prequel era standalone that nearly everyone would want to see. With Ewan McGregor already saying how much he'd love to do it. But for an Obi-Wan standalone to work he needs a villain that has some cred. And thats when Darth Maul shows up. We find out that Maul was the first Inquisitor. Maul is trying to find Kenobi. Because its his job. Because he hates him. Because if he gets him when Vader can't or won't then he thinks he can get his apprentice spot back from Vader. Maul could be the one to tell Kenobi that Anakin is still alive. That would be awesome.

Then shortly after the movie release, Rebels addresses the fact that there was a previous inquisitor and what happened to him and we get an Obi-Wan on Rebels arc.

Darkslayer and Grievousdude like this.
  15. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    When Dark Horse goes out, it goes out in style!

17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Certainly an Ewan/Obi-Wan film is a standalone SW picture I'm dying to see, and even though I was hoping Son of Dathomir would be Maul's final chapter, I agree that -- as long as TCW is going to be considered canon moving forward -- pitting Kenobi against Maul in such a film sounds like a good idea. I think it would prove to be terrific fun.

I also think it could very well be the perfect way to tie a bow on Maul once and for all. One thing is for sure, I absolutely, 100% do not care to see Maul survive even into the OT era (let alone having the guy show up anywhere near the ST).

Circular Logic likes this.
  18. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I wonder if we'll learn about how Maul survived. Filoni has said that there's more to it than Maul's "my hatred" comments.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  19. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Would you mind elaborating for me?

20. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I have my doubts about the Nightbrother species getting wiped out. They're a popular species with the fans.

21. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    This video talks about it. http://starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/ep501/#!/media/commentary

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The TCW comic The Sith Hunters, shows Maul getting from Naboo to Lotho Minor, and using the Force to create that spiderlike lower body, in flashback.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  23. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    There was a leaked back cover which revealed that Maul probably learned the secret from Plagueis. Maybe he stole it.

purplerain likes this.
  24. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Where was this leaked back cover posted? I'd love to see it.

Anyway, I have wondered if Plagueis has something to do with Maul's survival.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  25. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008