main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub EU Alien Diversity Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by gizkaspice, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    So she thinks all people in the future will look like Asgardians? Oh All-Father :p

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    [face_laugh] Also, what I don't like about the whole thing is they are going on assumptions as to what 'sexy' means. It varies person to person. Me I don't like beef cake guys, either. It's not realistic nor is it appealing. :p

gizkaspice likes this.
  3. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I'd say it's more of the typical human body representation in comic books...(almost) all of the main characters look "perfectly".

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Just wondering, what do you see as twi'lek stereotypes?

5. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    [​IMG]

From the Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars RPG. I don't know what species these are or from which planet, but this is a real cool picture.

Mitth_Fisto and Iron_lord like this.
  6. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    You are looking at an image of species that are some of the greatest and longest historians of the galaxy, at least if you ask anyone in the Corellia system ;)

I believe that is a Drall (one with the viewer), from the planet Drall, with an Great Ibbot mount. A creature noted for it's variety of 68 subspecies and some sub-species ability to belch flaming hot water as a hunting technique.

*Actually in finding a good link for the ibbet I found one with your picture in it for the police devision that uses them as mounts: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wingriders

spicer likes this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Selkath now come in other colours than grey-blue!
    [​IMG]

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

Concept art of Hera
    [​IMG]

9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I like those dancers, very nice to see another insectoid species even if it looks like an earth bug enlarged.

10. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Centipede pole dancer? I'm interested.
    Also, I love pterosaurs.

11. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Would Selkath variants suggest that Manaan is more than just an ocean planet? the one biome planets in SW always seemed silly.
    and which comic is the centipede pole dancer from?

and.....sorry for delay:

Twi'leks are usually stereotyped as dancers or slaves, objectified and expected to be "sexy"--DOTJ depicts them as warriors, leaders, etc with diverse bodies. Also, the first Hera in that concept art seems like the best out of them.

And going back to the furry Devaronians....there are some in the comic Knights of the Old Republic Volume 10: War.

.....and another issue is that it seems most of the main female characters have makeup on at all times---even in battle......

The female Selkath healer from the first arc isn't depicted like that, which wouldn't make sense for DOTJ to do anyways.

[​IMG]

Although IMO the best depictions of aliens are from the original game KOTOR and the sourcebooks they're in----DOTJ seems to anthropomorphize them, but most of the cast is human or human-like. And everyone seems to speak the same language.

spicer likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Star Wars: Rebel Heist I think
    There is also were they are sleazy advisors & politicians, small time to midlevel criminals (of some reason they are seldom shown as high level criminals) and other Bib Fortuna inspired stereotypes
    And I can give you around 11 volumes were they are only shown as shaved, so you understand why I am a bit irritated
    In Tasha Ryo case I think it is justified
    One of the small things that I dislike are how human looking the sith are depicted, I would have preferred them to look like in GAotS
    The language think can be explained with that they created a unified culture on Tython before most of the people that were not strong enough in the Force left

And since we are talking twi'leks: I give you Kala'uun, Ryloth from Platt's Starport Guide
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Forgot about that one, nice for bringing it up.

14. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    I'm assuming the 11 volumes are by the same artist---this one is by a different artist who depicts them furry.

She isn't really a fighter, so yeah. But what about the rest?

That doesn't explain why Xesh understands the Je'daii easily. If he is speaking Rakatan, the Je'daii shouldn't be understanding him on first encounter. So everyone understands each other with no barriers, including all the aliens.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    True, I think, but I also know of some other artist who show show them shaved
    No idea for both of them[face_dunno]

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, Xesh shouldn't auto speak the language, he could use a darkside power and strip the knowledge from someone, but auto speaking the same tongue even though the Tython species might of come from similar stock so have similar language does not equal perfect 1:1 nulled language barriers.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I would like to know more about the Worrite
    Have anybody done any fanart of one?

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I would love to see more of the Revwiens and not just existing in RPG supplements and background pictures but actually used in stories
    [​IMG]

gizkaspice, Mitth_Fisto and spicer like this.
  19. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Really cool! The more non-humanoid aliens the better IMO

20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I accept the challenge and shall strive to make my next alien in an RPG that species. [face_alien]

BultarSwan likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Beside the vong and gungan have we seen any species/culture use bio-technology?

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Sekotians in Rogue Planet.

23. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    I did not find any, draw some maybe? :)
    and....
    Really? If so....:rolleyes: Well, there is Ko Sornell and Jeisel---would you consider the latter as a furry Devaronian?

just wondering, what are the noghri and other species you don't like depicted supposed to look like?

Would you say that they are there for mostly eyecandy? Like, Sek'nos seems like an interesting character being a "good" Sith, but he's mostly just there shirtless. And Trill is quite complex, but same issue.

It's also not just ecosystems but I find in SW and other sci-fi there's also a generalization like "All [insert alien species] are warriors/scientists/librarians/greedy/evil/good/etc" and most of them don't have much diversity.

What's that called--"force bonding" or something? would be cool for that to be explored in relation to how things on Tython are interconnected but he gets too much attention so everything else seems secondary.

Also, Charons from the Ultimate Alien Anthology seem to use biotech as well

and sorry for being slow :c

spicer likes this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I am not that good with a pen, sadly...
    Maybe I should go some drawing classes?
    Yes, even if I am a bit surprised that she has fur-spots at the exact same place as her horn-spots should be under the fur.
    When it come to pure-blooded sith, like this
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    pure yellow eyes, dropping mouth, cheek tendrils, flat noses and whatever you describes those eyebrows. Less human then, for example, Duursema draw them.

Noghri are one of those species that artist can't agree how they look, look below the spoiler for some of the interpretations
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Personally I prefer them short (in comparison to humans) and lean-an'-mean with my favourite version of them are how they look in The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons that I can sadly not find on the wook', my second favourite is how Edvin Biukovic draw them in The Last Command comics
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I think that tCW have helped in that regard, if we combine it with the older EU, to make some planets and cultures more divers - the mandolorians and twi'leks for example.
    Thanks, I had forgot them.

gizkaspice likes this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have we seen any male gamorrean belly dancers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.