main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    At the end of the clip, when Hera says, "what was that?!" I like to think Chopper said some Twilek racial slur. Just makes things more amusing to me.

podjazd and Revanfan1 like this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I never had a problem with Oscar or Cookie monster watching the show growing up. I knew Oscar was not the way I was supposed to act. Cookie monster is awesome.

3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Some people are just too sensitive. :p

FRAGWAGON and Force Smuggler like this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Yes they are.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

We're doomed. DOOMED, I say.

credar, cwustudent and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I loved in one of the Christmas movies that he ate the materials he was using to contact Santa.

Dark Lord Tarkas and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
    I gotta say, while I love the animation very much, there's just one bit at the end that erks me,

[​IMG]
    I hope everyone doesn't look so weird from the side. Unless it's just this one shot.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I'm sure it's just that shot. Everyone, even cartoons, can have awkward expressions when you pause at the wrong time.

podjazd and Force Smuggler like this.
  9. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
    I dunno, it's like the shape of the side of her head that's weird to me, not the expression.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Probably because humans can make really awkward expressions too. Millions of bad photographs prove that.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I definitely spend too little time on the board as of recently as I missed the new videos when they were initially posted, but now I've watched them (and thankfully I didn't need to go through too many pages to find them).

Anyhow, the theme does sounds pretty good; to think that we're actually getting a theme tune (thanks for providing the soundcloud link or otherwise I wouldn't have believed the snippet that Kiner played at the end of the interview was the intro theme itself); I really like the John Williams tunes being used and it's obvious that Kiner is improving his SW music (however, I think the theme should sound more 80's :p)

As for the animation, I really do like it and how expressive and fluid it is; it's quite the direct opposite of the rather stiff puppetry animation of TCW's first season. I disagree with those saying that the animation is "too rubbery", "way too over the top" and "overanimated" among other things; if those things are true, then the same could apply to Disney films like Aladdin and Tangled as well. The animation is after all inspired by the expressive and more or less bouncy animation seen in several Disney films so in that aspect, it seems like they have done a pretty good job, but it doesn't stop it from being quite polarizing. Still, this has to be the most fluid SW cartoon so far and I can understand a lot of the fans being critical of the look, finding it to look wierd and odd compared to what we've gotten previously.

And regarding the screencap above, TCW also had those odd/wierd mouth & teeth shots, especially during the early seasons, so this is not something that bothers me).

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Rebels will be a fun ride. Star Wars always has the kids in mind, but it never insults their intelligence.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I was wondering (and I know there's a 99% chance this won't happen), but wouldn't it be cool if the Inquisitor's voice actor hasn't been announced because he doesn't speak? Maybe his commands consist of a nod, or a hand gesture, or eerie background noise that suggests he's talking to his men telepathically? I personally think that would be very cool.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Clone commandos from the micro-series?

podjazd and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Except creepier. :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Touche

Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    Doesn't "Inquisitor" indicate that he needs some way to ask questions?

18. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    I would think so too but your comment made me think of this ;-)

19. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

"He doesn't want you at all, he's after somebody called Tano. Lord Vader has set a trap for her."

20. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    A chubby/fat Hera would certainly have been interesting and rather unique. Maybe (but unlikely) they could work it into the show by saying that she used to be chubby when she was a kid but not anymore (kinda like Amy Wong on Futurama)? That would add some extra depth to the character.

Revanfan1 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  21. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Inb4 "Oh hell"

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hey, if it includes electrocuting Lux while he says "And we're the bait!"...

Dark Lord Tarkas and Revanfan1 like this.
  23. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Was that a fat joke? "extra depth..."

cwustudent, Revanfan1 and Heero_Yuy like this.
  24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Literal interpretations FTW!