main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is the Emperor really dead?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    OP - He cloned himself on Kamino. Or was that Dooku?

It's always enjoyable hearing accounts of the prequels from those who remained spoiler free. In fact, I wish there was a thread in the PT forums just to hear their reactions and such. It would be a good read while doing laundry or something! :)

2. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Why don't you just start such a thread instead of wishing?

3. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    Is he really dead? God I hope so!

4. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    From a certain point of view. ;)

5. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I think the whole idea of a Palpatine survival is ridiculous in terms of anything that would happen in the Episode VII we're going to get. I mean, if he survives that and the first we hear of it is 30 years later in-universe and even longer in real time? That just seems idiotic in terms of the broad sweep of the saga. If Lucas had made Episode VII in like 1985, you could do what they did with Gandalf in Two Towers -- show Vader throwing him down the shaft, but this time follow him down and show him using some kind of super-crazy Force powers to escape. But now? No. We've had enough of Maul, Dooku, Vader, and Sidious for the moment. This will be the seventh movie, and we've only ever had four Sith. Asking for No. 5 isn't unreasonable.

6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Although he was the uber-villain throughout the entire saga.

Dra--- and Mystery Roach like this.
  7. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Nope Palpatine is going to return as a clone with Adam Driver playing him.

Bran Kenobi likes this.
  8. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'm frankly against bringing back any characters that were thought to be dead (save for Fett). To have the Emperor return would completely negate the emotional vitality of the OT, particularly ROTJ.

9. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    In the comic books nobody ever dies for long. If Star Wars starts doing that I'm done.

Echo Base likes this.
  10. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    THIS.

Palpatine and Boba Fett are as dead as the beeper. Challenge that notion and I'm out . . . for a while, then probably back here making fun of the prequels and new movies.

11. hamad138

hamad138 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 25, 2014
    Palpatine should be dead, or dead will mean nothing like dbz.

Whats next, dragonballs?

Bran Kenobi likes this.
  12. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    No kaiburr crystals.

Granek likes this.
  13. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I think he's dead and he should stay dead.

If anyone should be reincarnated, it's Plagueis'. Sidious has run his course.

14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well, McDiarmid is not part of the cast, so he'll not feature in a big role. Hopefully he'll not feature at all (besides maybe a small apparition or holo recording).

15. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    I honestly don't think McDiarmid will be in the ST. However, if he were, I've got to believe that is something Abrams would keep hidden very deep in his Mystery Box -- that would be a huge reveal.
    Playing the Devils advocate, it also doesn't mean he couldn't show up in Ep 8 or Ep 9.

16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING!!! :p

[​IMG]

thejeditraitor and Iron_lord like this.
  17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    If Maul can survive a drop to the bottom of a shaft then so could Palpatine and Maul was only half the man[face_laugh]

18. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Right, and I'm not a fan. Boba Fett returning I would actually buy, since blasting out of the belly of a Sarlacc is probably easier than surviving for 10+ years without the lower half of your body. However, Fett would be in his 60s, and I don't see him returning given the number of new characters you would have to set up.

19. hamad138

hamad138 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 25, 2014
    I read an interview with lucas he said that palpatine is dead and like in comics he hadnt been reborn, its all [watch the language].

20. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    I don't know if anyone said this as I don't have the time to dredge through all the posts on this thread so.....[​IMG]Perhaps they will take one tidbit from the EU and have his clone? Maybe he was cloned on Kamino back in the day?

21. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Yeah. Like James Earl Jones and Liam Neeson (before they axed his part in Episode 3), there's no way they would announce Ian McDiarmid.

From a storytelling standpoint, you'd probably want to create some distance between when we last saw him and when we'd see him again. Otherwise watching the films in order it would be as though he was never gone. That and it gives you room to establish new villains. If he does have a role in episode 7, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just one scene towards the end. Very much like Sidious appearing at the end of AOTC. Or they might have decided to push his return back to Episode 8 or 9.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  22. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I also just want to say... I see a thread called "Is Boba Fett really dead?" that has over 500 replies, I think, "This is a great Star Wars forum." I see a thread called "Is the Emperor really dead?" that has over 2,000 replies, I think, "This Star Wars forum scares me."

23. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013

24. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
  25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.