main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Clone Troopers or Storm Troopers?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by skyrimcat9416, Jan 26, 2014.

?

Clone Troopers or Storm Troopers?

1. Clone Troopers

98 vote(s)
    60.1%
  2. Storm Troopers

65 vote(s)
    39.9%
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Stormtroopers!

2. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013
    Duh.....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

3. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Clones. When stacked up to the rigid droids, they really showed the advantage of a human army. Meanwhile, Stormtroopers showed us the disadvantages of a human army.

I liked the design of the Stormtroopers, but they just lost their intimidation to me after A New Hope.

4. SarlacsDinerParty

SarlacsDinerParty Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2014
    Argh... cant decide... Voted clones !! Not sure I agree With myself though. They were realy cool in AOTC.

5. Cyreides

Cyreides Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 19, 2014
    So on the one hand we have dumb soldiers with a bad aim and a tendency to be killed by teddy bears, and on the other hand we have extremely competent troops that can kill jedi. That's a tough call, but I think I'm gonna have to vote Clones.

6. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I felt the Clones were what the Stormtroopers should have continued to be in the original trilogy - a pretty lethal and effective fighting unit.

It's like Lucas made the Stormtroopers family friendly, a bit bungling and inept at times in the OT but then decided to make their foundations bad-ass, hard-core military troops and soldiers in the PT.

They looked better too, I found their armour more...intimidating, if that makes sense? Just a pity actors couldn't have been used to replicate that.

7. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    There's something about the angular helmet on the Clones that's more menacing, more powerful than the Stormtrooper's curves.

8. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I just think it has to be obvious. If you look at it from a logical point of view, the clones were obviously better than the stormtroopers. The stormtroopers didn't do much of anything. The biggest joke about them is that they can't aim or hit anything. Clones practically saved the Jedi from being overrun by the separatist leaders in the beginning of the clone wars. Stormtroopers screwed over the Empire with the war of the teddy bears in ROTJ. They couldn't find the two droids they were commanded to find, and they missed the fact that two rebels managed to disguise as them, break in and out of an armed space station. Clones > storms.

Cyreides and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  9. DahJediMan

DahJediMan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2014
    Clone seem so much more loyal and have more of a story to them( especially in the clone wars series).

10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Clone troopers, though that's probably entirely because they were depicted as being incredibly badass while Stormtroopers considerably less so.

11. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Storm Troopers. I really do tire of the deliberateness of making the Empire's forces evil and inept. I likewise find the Storms more credible aside from the obvious 'baddie handicap' of not being able to shoot worth a ****.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That was the intent. Lucas wasn't comfortable with the idea of having to kill so many good guys in the OT, so he limited the number of kills to background characters. The Ewoks gaining a large advantage was an extension of that. With the PT Jedi, he had no choice but to kill as many in order to match up to the OT.

13. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    The Clones because they have more personality. Stormtroopers are still cool though.

14. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    When I saw the Original Trilogy as a kid, I thought the stormtroopers were sweet bad guys, and the whole propaganda-poster symbolism of their identical masked ranks was and is great. But come on: you can argue that they were trying to miss on the Death Star, but surely not all the ways Luke, Han & Co. made fools out of them in A New Hope were part of Vader's master plan. Come on, they're just easy to beat. And then on Endor, the Empire's best come off looking even more hopeless. Surely no one ordered them to throw that fight against the Ewoks.

And now some of the Rebels preview material is making it look as though more stormtrooper foolishness is on the way (they mention the kid always stealing their helmets).

The clonetroopers were much more effective in combat, and the Order 66 montage was great.

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I voted for Stormtroopers, but I meant to vote for Clones. The stormtroopers are good but the Clones are better to me. Mostly because they were featured in more action.

16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You said it! And the Rebels aboard the Tantive IV would agree (if only they hadn't been found, crushed, ground into tiny pieces and blasted into oblivion first).

Seriously, I love the Clone troopers, but it's not as if they would have hit Grievous or Dooku, either. Character shields are nigh-impenetrable!

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  17. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Clonetroopers all the way. They got it done in the way the Stormtroopers just couldn't do.

AshiusX likes this.
  18. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    This reminds me of the first time I played Battlefront 2. There is a part in the game where you can play as one of the 4 factions from classic saga. Id always pick the Republic, I think the clones had the better uniforms. They also seemed to be better fighter than the Stormies In the saga. The clone troopers are the best to me. Hopefully neither clones or stormies are featured in the new Disney movies. They should create new warriors & factions for that.

19. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Lol open the blast doors!

20. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    As someone who doesn't like the prequels, I never thought I'd say this: the clone troopers. I don't like the concept of the clone army, and just going by the prequels then the clones have absolutely nothing to make me feel a connection to them, but The Clone Wars did a fantastic job with the clones. They were individuals who had personalities, who had heart, who had souls, and who you felt an emotional connection towards. The Order 66 arc in the show was fantastic. The clones are very well-rounded characters in the show, and the clone episodes were always some of the best the show ever made.

AshiusX likes this.
  21. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    Clonetroopers /stormtroopers..their the same thing their all clones,but since the OT batches werent Jango clones im going with "Clone troopers" baby!

And no there were no conscripted stormtroopers,thats just EU (Mod edited),there were conscripted officers,fleet troopers etc but who in their right mind would wanna enlist as cannon fodder with the clones when you can be an officer..I say this as a former Army grunt(11B)

22. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004

Actually it's not EU anymore. As Pablo Hidalgo revealed at New York Comic-Con for Star Wars Rebels, and this came straight from George Lucas himself, the stormtroopers aren't clones. They're all volunteers. The logic being that the clones expressed too much individuality because they had a point to prove, so now they go with volunteers because it's easier to create uniformity. So that'll be official canon.

23. KINGKONG83

Nov 22, 2004

Well played
    irony here is that the jango clones express lightyears more indivduality:p,in any case listen to AOTC comment tract,lucas says himself their all clones but different templates yada yada,that man changes his mind more than a 16 year old girl that just hit puberty;)

I guess from here on now it will just be a case of [​IMG]

Its not like its an important issue anyway..I mean like in life..;)

24. KINGKONG83

Nov 22, 2004
    oh and hes obviously pandering to fans right?who knows what will be canon or not when they "
    so[​IMG]
    it is then;)

You gotta admit the concept of them being clones that Lucas is doing some backpedalling on(oh their all clones,I mean 50%I meant 20%..**** it their all regular humans) did make a heck of a lot of sense(unlimited supply etc)
    but who knows where we will go next eh

next year hes gonna say their all vulcans when the star trek wars is out;) (oops im sorry I didnt properly read the individuality part of your post) and sorry for the editing

25. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Stormtroopers are iconic, but it think clones are actually a lot cooler. One of the first sequences in Clone Wars (2003) shows them being completely, utterly badass. Plus, Clones were the ones who killed the Jedi! Clones it is.

Brandon Rhea likes this.