main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY SWN14 Rehearsals

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Wild Sidewalker, Mar 24, 2014.

1. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    To update the Sith ranks, William has stated that he does not wish to participate this year in the live-performance.

2. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    The Jedi and Sith duelists listing has been updated and represents the most current information. At this time, I'm aware of these dueling pairs:

Bill B vs Jess S
    Janice M vs Norma M
    Victor S vs Dave Barone

Featured duels:
    Jon D & Peter G M vs Karen C
    Jon D & Peter G M vs Chris S

We have two more Sith than Jedi at this point. Thus, consider when looking for a dedicated partner that Jon and Peter will each need to have a Sith partner prior to dueling Karen. Further, no Jedi can be killed in these duels. Indeed, I'd recommend that no one be "killed"

Finally, when constructing your duels, be aware that you have the following segments:

1 minute - after Darth and My'ko signal the charge

1.5 minutes - while Jon, Peter, and Karen duel

1 minute - before Count Dooku declares order 716 and the duels end.

Thus, approximately 3.5 minutes of dueling material are needed for the live show.

Have fun!

3. JediHeadBanger

JediHeadBanger Jedi Knight

Jun 28, 2010
    Are there any Jedi that still don't have a dueling partner and will be at the next rehearsal?

4. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Of the 11 Jedi duelists, 5 have reported their partners to me. So that is at least 6 Jedi still possibly looking to establish a partner.

5. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I can do either Jedi or Sith because I cannot make a lot of the practices. Marty and I may pair up.

6. Doubleblade86

Doubleblade86 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2009
    Victoria and myself plan on making dueling this sat

7. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    So work as screwed me out of this coming Saturday and Wednesday, I'm trying to switch but I'm not sure how likely that'll be. I am gonna work with Bill to try and meet outside of rehearsals and work on ours if we are able!

8. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    BOth of us will be at rehearsal this week. I will figure out whom will feel the pain then.....[face_devil]

9. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    What to do if your partner is not available:

Over half of preparing a duel is practicing one's own basic moves and building cardio to make it through over three minutes of continuous dueling (for some people, even more). If your partner isn't there, be prepared to run some laps, or some sort of sweat inducing exercise, go through your basic footwork, and drill the five or ten strokes you intend to use.

Then "shadow duel;" imagine a partner and what you would like to do. Once you have a few different elements, ask to borrow someone else's partner briefly and go through your ideas while their partner watches and critiques your ideas.

While it would be great if people can take advantage of all the rehearsal sessions we are providing, they are there for your support. It will be most critical the people attend the final five rehearsals. While I would prefer that people make all of the rehearsals in May, please do your utmost to attend them, particularly the final five.

10. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I will be late to rehearsal tomorrow. I should've there by 7.

11. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Since I began working with Becky at the last HG practice, I'll continue with her and we'll plan to fight on the field.
    She's the Sith.
    Jon is working on her lightsaber, and she's making her own costume.

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  12. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    I will be a bit late like Chris...7:00-ish I will be there.

13. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2012
    I (as a Jedi) am still looking for a partner, but will be there next rehearsal.

14. Lee Solara

Lee Solara North Ridge Secretary star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    Sounds good Larry. I will see you tonight at rehearsal. Most if my parts came in for my saber today. Hopefully rest will come in Monday.

15. Darth Malgus1

Darth Malgus1 Jedi Padawan

Sep 5, 2013
    Hi, if you need any ancillary help, let me know. I'm not in the performance, but I would to help out!

Dave Blackwell

16. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    My apologies to all performers who showed up to the Bisons stadium and discovered they weren't expecting us. I've since communicated with the Bisons and, while they have a copy of our rehearsal schedule, they had thought that we didn't start rehearsing there until May. They will be ready for us this coming Wednesday.

17. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
  18. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    We can use your help! Thanks for the offer! All of the production staff is in the live performance and I could use a production staffer from our club at the 404 position. Message me for more info.

19. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I will not be Wednesdays practice and may not be able to make any of the Wednesday practices until we get bolder to the event. I've shared this with the one partner I am aware of at this point (Peter).

20. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    My dueling partner is aware I will not be at rehearsal on Wednesday.

Regarding this past Saturday's rehearsal...to those I may have offended by dropping the F-bomb on MORE than one occasion, I sincerely apologize for my lack of discretion. I was mad at myself for going to the wrong rehearsal location and having to double back. [face_frustrated]

21. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    No need for apologies. It was Fantastic.

quigonschuel likes this.
  22. Lee Solara

Lee Solara North Ridge Secretary star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    I will be there wed, but need to leave at 7:30.

23. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    My partners cannot make mid week practices just yet. I will not be there on Wednesday this week. See you on Saturday.

24. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    I will be at all practices starting tomorrow. I'll be there to answer any questions about the live show, timing, and field movement. Also, if anyone so desires, I would be happy to work with anyone on dueling technique and sequence ideas.

25. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Well here is hoping some of the people that cant make sat can make wed practice. [face_waiting] Ill see who ever makes it at practice today! [face_worried]

Wild Sidewalker likes this.