main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Star Wars Misconceptions You Had as a Kid. (RE-MADE)

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi_Saber101, Jun 9, 2011.

1. fl00dsm0k3

fl00dsm0k3 Jedi Knight

Nov 3, 2012
    I thought that Luke entered the carbon freezing chamber in the hole that Han Solo was lowered into

2. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    I remember getting in a huge argument with a friend of mine over the size of an XWing vs the size of the Lambda Class Shuttle. I had one of the micro machines XWings, and as we were playing I "landed" the XWing and said my pilot got out. My friends was like "Did you lower the ramp?" I was like "What ramp?, I just jumped down from where the pilot sits". My friend threw this huge fit saying there was no way someone could just get out of an XWing because it's "too big", and I needed to land in a space port with ladders and elevators, and he's like "didn't you see the ramp in Return of the Jedi when Darth Vader got out of the XWing!!!" (referring to the Lambda Shuttle)

He was always a little salty after that. So funny the things kids argue about.

Revanfan1, Findswoman and pronker like this.
  3. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    You do still need a ladder to get down from an X-Wing though...

4. James Skyrunner

James Skyrunner Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 5, 2013
    I thought that Luke entered the carbon freezing chamber in the hole that Han Solo was lowered into

He did didn't he ??

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

5. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014

To get down comfortably, sure, but the ship isn't so large that you couldn't just shimmy down the side or hang off an s-foil and drop down. But trying to argue that with a petulant 8 year old (as a petulant 8 year old) wasn't very successful.

6. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012

Yes, he was knocked backwards into it, but, jumped backed out before vader could make him a Popsicle. "Impressive, Most Impressive!"

7. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I think that means when he first went in. He just went up an elevator

8. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    I think James Skyrunner meant that he entered the room itself via whatever chamber Han had been lowered into - which isn't correct - however, Luke did fall/was knocked into the actual carbon chamber, then jumped out just before Vader activates the controls - "All too easy". Luke's leap out is a very quick visual effect.

Vader then sees Luke dangling from some cables above, having escaped - "Impressive! Most Impressive."

9. James Skyrunner

James Skyrunner Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 5, 2013
    Actually I thought the original post thought that han freezing chamber was a different one than Luke fell into later ..I was saying they were cuz Vadar says reset the chamber for Skywalker and make sure he finds his way in here

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

10. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Which is exactly what I was saying. He entered through an elevator

11. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I'm pretty young so this one counts

TCW episodes aired in chronological order.
    I didn't even notice the first episode of S3, because I never payed attention to clone names.

Frank T. likes this.
  12. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    That "Forest Moon of Endor" meant "Forest Moon called Endor".

13. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I thought that after ESB, Luke went back to finish his training with Yoda, made a new lightsaber, complete his training and just then, went back to Tatooine to save Han.

I also thought that Return Of The Jedi would include Luke going back to Cloud City looking for his lightsaber and his X-Wing.

14. Kaejaris

Kaejaris Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2014
    In ESB, I used to think that Darth Vader said "Set your course for the hot system." And amusingly, I thought that Boba Fett said "He's no good to me, Dad." Thus referring to Vader as his father.

pronker likes this.
  15. Staplepuffs27

Staplepuffs27 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2014
    Some from a new hope.

1. When Obi-Wan is fighting Vader, I thought Obi-Wan was really weak in the force. The reason for this was because there are some weird shots of obi-wan's light saber where the camera is looking at the tip of the lightsaber. From my perspective, it looked like his lightsaber was getting shorter at these angles. I thought Obi-wan was getting weak in the force because he was so old, and couldn't even activate his lightsaber at full length for the majority of the fight.

2. I thought Leia was a witch, because I misheard the "she's rich" exchange.

Seagoat and pronker like this.
  16. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    When I first saw the promo pics used for ROTJ I thought the Death Star was actually the wreckage of the original Death Star.

17. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Stormtroopers were individual people.

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    they are.

19. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Not according to Lucas ;)

20. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    yes they are.

Stormtrooper - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

21. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    That just told me that they're clones. Not individual people.

22. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003

By the time the Galactic Civil War began in earnest, Jango Fett's clones were heavily supplanted by clones based on a variety of templates around 9 BBY,[2]followed shortly after by enlisted Humans.

23. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    don't try to out star wars me boy. i've been into sw for 30+ years.

rumsmuggler and Sarge like this.
  24. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    That was a little over the top. I certainly don't claim to out Star Wars anyone. I've seen the films dozens of times, but my EU knowledge is... Well it's pretty much non existent. I've read a few EU books, but nothing in between 3/4 except Death Troopers, and frankly, that book was just pure fan fiction at the end.

My comment has only the movies to blame in which Lucas made it seem like clones were in charge of everything. I had my own idea that the clones would all be dead by time of Star Wars anyways. Glad to hear that was right. I have much to learn! :)

thejeditraitor likes this.
  25. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003

yeah just teasing.