main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The ice cream truck is driving through my neighborhood and it's playing Christmas songs. I've heard Jingle Bells and Silent Night so far.

Weird.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I love how people always blame the cellphone company when they are getting telemarketing calls or spam calls, sometimes from companies posing as said cellphone company. I'd bet anything that if I went through these peoples social media sites I can find where they put the cell number somewhere on the internet and thus this happens. I shake my head everytime someone just throws out their mobile number, name and last four in the open on Twitter.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm late to this discussion, but same for me. I know nobody here in Atlanta (the home of Coca-Cola, mind you) who actually says "Coke" to refer to any carbonated soft drink. Everyone says "soda". So the map seems off to me too. The only people I've ever known who said "pop" were from Minnesota.

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I mentioned having seen this map to some of my coworkers, and when I chuckled at the idea of a conversation going something like:

"Would you like a coke?"
    "Yes, please."
    "What kind?"
    "Pepsi"

One of the interns mentioned having a room mate from Texas that does say things like that, and uses "coke" generically to refer to any kind of soda/pop.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    'Soft drink' it is for me.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My Mom's term "drinks" is short for soft drinks.

7. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Sure, and this alcoholic drink in my hand is Capri Sun.

Paparazzo likes this.
  8. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Just wanted to pop in here and say that I'm still around despite not having posted a lot recently, mostly due to the TCW bonus content (season 6) not having reached Netflix over here yet; once I've watched it, I hope to become a bit more active and discuss the arcs/episodes. I feel so left out.

9. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yesterday afternoon my almost-9-year-old managed to bankrupt me in Doctor Who Monopoly within two hours. At which point this conversation happened:

Me: "I think I'm out of the game. All my properties are mortgaged."
    Him: "You still have twelve dollars and you're about to pass Go. The game is still on."

He landed on U.N.I.T., which was the equivalent of Community Chest, on his next turn, and I tried to tell him "That card says 'If your mother is playing with you, give her all your money'," but it didn't work. I landed on one of the ten properties he put a hotel on and it was game over.

Then last night I dreamed that I ran out of coffee.

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Du-u-ude! You've got one vicious nine-year-old! [face_laugh]

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    He likes to win. [face_devil]

Revanfan1 and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Hey all! Guess who's back? After a nearly two-week long break from the boards—I've been contemplating, thinking over life—I've decided to return since I miss y'all. It's been relatively slow here until Wonder-con anyhow, I expect.

Anyway, RL kinda got in the way, and I'll still be very busy for the near future, but I'll definitely try to drop in every now and again to check on things. Sometimes, it feels good to spend time away from the Internet and imagine that you're somewhere else. I've been compiling a gallery of some awesome places with breathtaking scenery. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    The Four Seasons Hotel in Bora Bora

[​IMG]
    Benteng Chittorgarh, India

[​IMG]
    Crystal Turquoise Lake National Park, China

[​IMG]
    Freycinet National Park, Tasmania, Australia

[​IMG]
    Fritz'rz Rock, Frixtoln, Norway

[​IMG]
    Keukenhof Gardens, The Netherlands

[​IMG]
    Lake Fitbit, Croatia

[​IMG]
    Luka, Tuscany, Italy

[​IMG]
    Gardens of Marqueyssac, France

[​IMG]
    Peaks Valley, Moraine Lake, Alberta, Canada

[​IMG]
    Mount Roraima, Venezuela

[​IMG]
    Multnomah Falls, Oregon

[​IMG]
    Mall Vermilion Cliffs "Paria", The Colorado Plateau, Arizona

[​IMG]
    Ice Rink, Paterswoldse Meer, south of Groningen, the Netherlands

[​IMG]
    Waterfall Seljalandsfoss, southern coast of Ireland

[​IMG]
    Seychelle Islands

[​IMG]
    Skatflii, Iceland

[​IMG]
    The Stalagmite Caves, Israel

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Welcome back. Yeah it says something when you need a vacation from the Interwebz. WB Circular Logic! Who you kidding about being able to stay away from here for long? If you need I can point you to a couple forums I know that will give you a whole new appreciation for us. Cool pictures.

Circular Logic likes this.
  15. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    ok, don't shoot the Star Wars TV newbie, but what does LACWAC stand for, if anything?

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Live Action, Clone Wars and Classics. It was changed to Star Wars TV when Rebels was announced. And "for those who remember..." , it was once Small Screen Star Wars.

Good to see you again, Circular Logic . :)

And Happy Easter everyone. [face_dancing] I made a cinnamon crumb cake for breakfast and my kids hunted eggs in the yard. My youngest came in and said "There's a green egg missing!"; I'm sure Sam-I-Am will find it eventually.

I didn't take a picture of their baskets this year but suffice it to say that chocolate buzzes are forthcoming.

Hope the rest of you are having a good day.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I forgot today was Easter until I got a chocolate Easter Bunny. Partly because Fridays are my version of Monday and I lose track of the days, kinda cuz no one said anything at work, ad kinda cuz I gotta work today. Happy Easter and lots of lime jello cake for everybody!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Todd the Sock

Todd the Sock rawr ima mod star 1

Dec 13, 2013
    Happy Easter all! Im spending it in the Cape with the family, going to make our yearly visit to the yacht club for Easter dinner.

19. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    So, last night I was driving home from work and some dip**** rear ends me at a light.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yikes. Hope you're OK and can get your car fixed.

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  21. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Of course, that dip****'s insurance will pay for it, assuming the person has insurance.

22. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Been down that road myself, this week... I should have gone mudding.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That actually happened to my brother recently. Guy hit him, damaged both cars, and the guy's insurance covered all of it.

24. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Thanks for the words of kindness all. I'm fine, it was basically a fender bender. It's just really annoying because it was practically a new car.

After the accident I drove home, downed a bottle of rum, and had dinner. I then woke up this morning for work, struggling not to throw up from the slight hangover.

Holy **** I'm a mess.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey, at least the rum is the response to the accident and not the cause. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.